vs Brummies (H) - Matchday Thread

Ghost of Clough

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Anybody want to stick up for the manager?

He's such a genius that he studied the teams around us long and hard and came to the conclusion that Wycombe, Sheffield Wednesday and Rotherham will not finish on more than 42 points. He ensured we reached 43 points and then instructed his team to look like massive dipshits for the remainder of the campaign to help get a cheaper deal to buy the club for the new owners leaving him more money to spend on signings.

200.gif

10 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I think we’re all better off becoming Brentford, Blackburn , Luton & Cardiff supports for the rest of the season cus we’re not getting another point this season...

Agree and think we’ll still stay up 

1 minute ago, DerbyRam! said:

duck me.

Ignoring Rotherham for a second.

If we lose the next game and Sheffield Wednesday draw.

They only need to win 1-0 to ensure our relegation.

We are utterly ducked unless by some miracle. Rotheram lose all their remaining games and we can actually beat Sheffield Wednesday 

Yes i aways thought it would be a big ask for Rotherham but Sheff Weds will no doubt beat Florist as they will roll over and have there bellys tickled,can you honestly think we will avoid defeat in a last game agsinst Weds because i cant,Swansea away is were we need to get a result even if its off the backside of a player and we defend like hell for the rest of the game

9 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

Very disappointing, our central defence is completely bereft. No leadership, no ownership, no responsibility, doesn't matter what happens elsewhere on the pitch. Every team knows that if they stick the ball in there enough times, that will score.

Edmunson at fault for both goals ,Clarke and Forsythi did well. Was CKR injured ,he was our best player

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Clarke won his share of battles. Can any of the other defenders say the same? No.

Forsyth is poor, Buchanan is poor, Edmundson is poor, Byrne is good on the ball, not so good in defence.

How we end up with neither centre half marking Jutkiewicz, who has destroyed us time and again, is beyond me, but typical of our lack of thinking and lack of personal responsibility.

Buchanan looks worse as he has that clown inside him....in a 3 centre back set up Forsyth should be covering and didnt do it once. Shocking mark for both goals but the reality is we didnt deserve to score again.  2 shots on target is poor.  Max Bird was again such a pointless sub - makes us weaker at the back, makes us less energetic in midfield.  

Edited by GrimsbyRam

9 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Tuesday night we were out fought. Today we've been out thought. Took far too long to react to Brums tactical shuffle. I don't think we can lay this one on the players. The management have to take full responsibility. 

Seriously, I don't think our central defenders can escape criticism. We concede simple goal after goal and did today. Positioning, they are just hopeless. Clarke had this bizarre following because he makes great and brave blocks but didn't lead and gets caught out of position so often....

1 minute ago, jcidaho said:

I don't get how some players like Roberts become teacher's pet for a couple of games, then benched after and not brought on until the customary last 5 mins. Repeat with Sibley. No consistency

because the players have shown no consistency when they play. We have an average league one squad.

8 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

You could see the second goal coming a mile off. All that discussion with the note book. What exactly were they planning? Any lip readers watching? Then a delay for the subs then bring 2 more on with under four minutes to go and it seems they've all been told to just run around like headless chickens. 

yep. The second goal was inevitable. Once you see the lack of basic skills for defending high balls into the box, you get as many of them into the box as possible. With our ineptitude, it's bound to pay dividends. 

Any scouting report by Swansea or Sheffield Wednesday is just going to say, 'Simply get it into the box. They are clueless.'

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That’s it, we’re down. There’s simply no way we will survive now, this team doesn’t have the fight or heart to manage it. 

Can totally understand why you feel this way, mate.

But it's not over until it's over.

It might go down to the last day, but we still have a chance.

But, for me, something has to change.

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

However I agree with the fight bit. If we stay up I think it will be because we've managed to have the luck of other sides being just that little bit worse. 

We are worse than Wednesday at this point. We are not in the relegation zone on a technicality. Lets be real. And remains to be seen if only Wycombe are worse than us, Rotherham still have something to say on that.