vs Brummies (H) - Matchday Thread

Ghost of Clough

Nerves setting in. 

Should be just walking up past the cattle market right now, to at least be there to cheer them on.

A crisp white shirt always goes well with sunshine!

Today is a day when a team really needs it's supporters standing side by side.

?

Roos

Edmundson    Clarke      Forsyth

Byrne         Knight    Shinnie     Buchanan

Waghorn    CKR     Lawrence

Really worried by the left hand side of that defence. I'm expecting Jutkiewicz to isolate himself with Forsyth and score a header.

Not enough pace upfront either  

I'm expecting another game with a chasm between the front 3 and the rest of the team again

Edited by DCFClks

5 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Dismantles the promising Shinnie/Bird pairing to go with pure graft in the centre

Drops another creative player further ahead to go with 5 starting defenders in addition to that. Leaves us with only 3 attacking players on the park, all of whom have had recent issues with injuries & fitness.

Brings in a keeper who has shown vulnerability to crosses in the past against a physical & aerial team

All this in a game we need to win. Guessing the thinking is stay in the game & bring the creativity off the bench to win later in the game when gaps start to appear. The gameplan is seriously compromised if we concede first though, given our poor record of comebacks this season. Also wouldn't expect Birmingham to especially want the ball, the onus will be on us from the start.

I'd agree with most of that but the highlighted. I think bringing Roos back is both correct and took too long to do. Marshall has conceded a good amount of soft goals of late that you would expect your keeper to save whereas Roos was in fine form before being dropped. I don't think there is a deal between them aerially and Roos is better with his feet.

3 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Roos

Edmundson    Clarke      Forsyth

Byrne         Knight    Shinnie     Buchanan

Waghorn    CKR     Lawrence

Really worried by the left hand side of that defence. I'm expecting Jutkiewicz to isolate himself with Forsyth and score a header.

Not enough pace upfront either  

Think we are trying to get bodies in and around the box by pushing the whole team up using the wingbacks. Solid pressure rather than bucannering width (I wish!). 

6 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Dismantles the promising Shinnie/Bird pairing to go with pure graft in the centre

Drops another creative player further ahead to go with 5 starting defenders in addition to that. Leaves us with only 3 attacking players on the park, all of whom have had recent issues with injuries & fitness.

Brings in a keeper who has shown vulnerability to crosses in the past against a physical & aerial team

All this in a game we need to win. Guessing the thinking is stay in the game & bring the creativity off the bench to win later in the game when gaps start to appear. The gameplan is seriously compromised if we concede first though, given our poor record of comebacks this season. Also wouldn't expect Birmingham to especially want the ball, the onus will be on us from the start.

Couldn't agree more, imo that correct move. Ermrooney has tried to be proactive in naming more creative players and it simply hasn´t worked because the work ethic wasn't there. Our purple patch was almost based upon playing three at the back and being solid, still being 'in the game' in the later stages a la wycombe. I hope this works, not for Ermrooney, but for US, the fans who quite frankly have had a horrid ride this season.

I haven't been this nervous since the play off final v Villa.

COYR

4 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I'd agree with most of that but the highlighted. I think bringing Roos back is both correct and took too long to do. Marshall has conceded a good amount of soft goals of late that you would expect your keeper to save whereas Roos was in fine form before being dropped. I don't think there is a deal between them aerially and Roos is better with his feet.

Roos will probably be our number 1 goalkeeper next season I believe 

5 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

is the game on rams tv? I went to purchase it but there is no way to access it?

RAMSTV STREAMING INFORMATION…

RamsTV will be providing limited coverage of Saturday's home clash due to Sky Sports selecting the game for live coverage.

The game will be available to Season Ticket Holders to watch LIVE in the United Kingdom, and selected international areas on a pay-per-view basis with more details available here, on RamsTV via dcfc.co.uk or through the Official Derby County App from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.

Pay-per-view passes are available at the following prices, which are by the EFL:

£5 - International countries

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/04/everything-you-need-to-know-ahead-of-derbys-home-fixture-against-birmingham-city