Get him gone.

Rev

Cocu had to go, results were poor but he did at least help to create millions of pounds worth of assets from the academy

Rooney’s results are just as bad (worse) and he has wiped the value of those assets right back down. Look at Sibley, Bird and Knight compared to a year ago. Genuinely frightening regression. Probably worth £20m + a year ago, we’d not get £5m for the three of them now. 

Every minute longer he spends at the club is creating more damage. I genuinely believe that to be true.

18 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Cocu had to go, results were poor but he did at least help to create millions of pounds worth of assets from the academy

Rooney’s results are just as bad (worse) and he has wiped the value of those assets right back down. Look at Sibley, Bird and Knight compared to a year ago. Genuinely frightening regression. Probably worth £20m + a year ago, we’d not get £5m for the three of them now. 

Every minute longer he spends at the club is creating more damage. I genuinely believe that to be true.

To add to this, under Rooney we also sold Whittaker to a play off team for less than we’d have got for him before he’d even played a minute of first team football. 

All the talk will be about Rooney and rightly so. He has to go, be it tomorrow or two weeks from now.

But for me, what this underlines is the bigger problem - how the club is being run.

Rooney has to go, but so does Mel, so does Stephen Pearce, so does Joe McClaren, so does Liam Rosenior, and so does every key player behind the scenes.

We need a complete clear out. Mel has trusted and been loyal to the wrong people and the consequences look extremely damaging.

I am struggling to think of a club in the top two divisions that is being as poorly run as we are. The decision making and strategic planning in recent times has been staggeringly bad.

It should send alarm bells ringing when ordinary fans on this very forum have a better grasp of what the club needs and can pinpoint and anticipate problems more readily than people that work at the club day in, day out.

At the very top, we have people who may understand business, who may understand finance, but do they understand football?

You really have to question it at times like this.

Think there are alot of Fickle people on here tbh. 

When he was appointed a good amount of people were against him, then we were top of the form table for abit thanks to Bieliks influence on the side people who were against him decided he was great. 

Then he gets injured and we get alot of other injuries so the team loses confidence and quality and we go to poo and now he is a woeful manager again. Don't get me wrong if we go down he should probably go but seeing people hate him rate him and hate him in the same season is pretty fickle. I'm not convinced in him but still think giving him the last 2 games makes sense, then decide based off if we stay up or not and who else is available. 

Personally I think the players need to take alot of responsibility and we need alot of new additions so next season provided that we stay up and he stays will be a better judge of his credentials after having some funds to spend. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

7 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

When he was appointed a good amount of people were against him, then we were top of the form table for abit thanks to Bieliks influence on the side people who were against him decided he was great. 

Then he gets injured and we get alot of other injuries so the team loses confidence and quality and we go to poo and now he is a woeful manager again. Don't get me wrong if we go down he should probably go but seeing people hate him rate him and hate him in the same season is pretty fickle. I'm not convinced in him but still think giving him the last 2 games makes sense, then decide based off if we stay up or not and who else is available. 

Personally I think the players need to take alot of responsibility and we need alot of new additions so next season provided that we stay up and he stays will be a better judge of his credentials after having some funds to spend. 

Fickle???

I never wanted him in the first place and many didn't.

And even if you did,one win in thirteen and the worst form in the league has converted most from mild believers into Rooney atheists.

And to blame it all on one players injury is ridiculous beyond belief.

No manager relies on one midfielder to be the saviour of the team on a weekly basis,that's mental.They should have back up systems in place to at least hold the tide,not totally collapse!

6 hours ago, Jourdan said:

All the talk will be about Rooney and rightly so. He has to go, be it tomorrow or two weeks from now.

But for me, what this underlines is the bigger problem - how the club is being run.

Rooney has to go, but so does Mel, so does Stephen Pearce, so does Joe McClaren, so does Liam Rosenior, and so does every key player behind the scenes.

We need a complete clear out. Mel has trusted and been loyal to the wrong people and the consequences look extremely damaging.

I am struggling to think of a club in the top two divisions that is being as poorly run as we are. The decision making and strategic planning in recent times has been staggeringly bad.

It should send alarm bells ringing when ordinary fans on this very forum have a better grasp of what the club needs and can pinpoint and anticipate problems more readily than people that work at the club day in, day out.

At the very top, we have people who may understand business, who may understand finance, but do they understand football?

You really have to question it at times like this.

I'd say only Sheffield Wednesday rival us for ineptitude. Like us they have a rich owner who threw money around but unlike us, they werent able to escape FFP sanctions. That said, even Chansiri hasn't been crazy enough to appoint novice managers although like Mel, he's flip flopped from one managerial style to another with predictable consequences.

Clearly there will be changes this summer as we are very likely to be sold, most probably to Alonso & I desperately hope he is taking time to draw up a coherent & long term plan. It needs to start with a Sporting Director/Director of Football to run the football side & work in tandem with the excellent Academy staff. That individual needs a track record of success elsewhere and should be tasked with coach & player recruitment and overseeing our scouting function. We then need Rooney's removal along with the other 3 main coaches.

Once we reach the summer, the squad is going to be extremely lean with returning loans & expiring contracts. It will however leave some saleable assets, some solid Championship players & a lot of promising youth. I think there's a lot of good coaches who would be interested in working with a virtual blank canvas (even if we drop to League One)...so long as Alonso keeps his beak out of football matters. The last point is the most crucial...leave football experts to run the football, not businessmen.

7 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

No manager relies on one midfielder to be the saviour of the team on a weekly basis,that's mental.They should have back up systems in place to at least hold the tide,not totally collapse!

Do you remember where Villa were two seasons ago when Grealish was out and where they ended up when he got fit?

I'm not defending Waynetta, I want him gone, but your response about it being ridiculous beyond belief to consider the impact one layer can have, is itself, ridiculous beyond belief.

I could also throw in how the Charlie George injury heralded the collapse of arguably the greatest Derby team in history.

7 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Fickle???

I never wanted him in the first place and many didn't.

And even if you did,one win in thirteen and the worst form in the league has converted most from mild believers into Rooney atheists.

A true statement, yet had he not been injured i have no doubt our position would have been significantly different right now. But you are right we should not be in a position to rely on one player so much.

9 hours ago, Andicis said:

It's laughable that he's still here. The football is dreadful, the results are the worst I can remember for a long time. Can anyone make a case for keeping him other than the delusional idea that stability somehow fixes the club, or that he's too expensive to sack? Genuinely? Does anyone really have faith Rooney can turn anything around? He is completely out of his depth. Bring McClaren in NOW. 

Erm........I can think of one or two that want him to stay. I mean he is doing his best. It could have been worse if another Manager had been in place....maybe we would be on no wins in thirteen games, who knows ?

9 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

The appointment made no sense at the time and certainly what has happened since has just confirmed that unfortunately ?

9 hours ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

not that i care. but on bbc website of our game. most quotes are wanting us to go down. 

not that long along we was playing brilliant football and was alot of peoples 2nd team. now were a ducking joke 

I speak from experience...this was true during the office football chat in Lampards season.

Edited by TimRam

This is very close to being an 'Arthur Cox' moment.

Relegation to the 3rd division in the 1980's required a root and branch change at the club. A 'warrior' experienced manager is required who will have a clear out and brought in players like Rob Hindmarch into the team.

We need battlers. Our results against the top 6, who play football, would have us in mid table but against the bottom 6 'hard work over ability' teams it has been awful. And guess what, next season virtually the whole division will play that way. Very frightening

3 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

This is very close to being an 'Arthur Cox' moment.

Relegation to the 3rd division in the 1980's required a root and branch change at the club. A 'warrior' experienced manager is required who will have a clear out and brought in players like Rob Hindmarch into the team.

We need battlers. Our results against the top 6, who play football, would have us in mid table but against the bottom 6 'hard work over ability' teams it has been awful. And guess what, next season virtually the whole division will play that way. Very frightening

I think someone alluded to that and started a thread ??

8 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

The players do. But I think what a lot of posters seem to ignore, or choose to ignore is that Rooney was a player for 13 games this season. He was supposed to be our star player, our captain, our coach on the pitch. He couldn't inspire himself or the players on the pitch. How could you possibly expect him to inspire them off the pitch. Especially given his only coaching experience was whatever he did here whilst playing.

Look at what Bielik did in a similar number of games.

Worst run of results in 10 years. Youngsters regressing. No sign of any plan. I never want a manager sacked, I strongly believe we as club don't put enough responsibility on the players, but his whole time here has been a disaster. As player and manager. 

11 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

I want to know who decided this joke was the right man for the job. That and Rooney for lacking such self awareness for condemning us to the third division deserve sacking 

It was a joint decision between Mel and someone who said that he was prepared to buy us without having the necessary funds to do so, and who is no longer involved. 
If it wasn’t so serious this would be laughable and should be a sackable offence for all those involved.