Get him gone.

Rev

12 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

For the good of the game.

Very noble but I can’t imagine any potential new employers are going to look much more favourably at his CV just because it doesn’t say “relegated” on it. Unlike most of us in less public roles I don’t think he be able to gloss over his current performance so easily. ?

2 hours ago, richinspain said:

This idea of gardening leave is all well and good, but what happens next? Surely all you're doing is delaying the sack? The coaching team's position would be impossible. Do we say "sorry, you're not good enough to keep us up, but once Mac III has saved us from relegation you can all have your jobs back"? For me it's either sack them now if it's felt they can't keep us up, or leave it as it is hoping for the best and review at the end of the season.

What happens next is no payoff.  Putting them on gardening leave with the square pegs in round holes mind set is genius. 

I can see Wayne taking early retirement when he cuts through the cable trying to mow the lawn with a hedge trimmer. Rosenior like wise when he drops the lawnmower on his foot trying to trim the hedge.  

Given will be a skeleton found in the undergrowth in 50 years when he gets his hands stuck trying to lay a patio with post crete.

Walker will get stuck up a tree when he leaves Marshall holding the ladder and he drops it and then can't pick it up again without constantly dropping it . Eventually he'll just leave him up there.

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

If he's got a year left on his contract, then that notice period would surely be a year? So we pay up now or carry on paying his (90k a week according to someone earlier) wages for the next year? I can't see 32Red paying him.

The reason for garden leave would be entirely financial. Either we pay him 90k pw or we pay out his entire contract right now. We don't have any money to pay such a large amount in one go, so they'd need to find a way to get Rooney out of the club without paying him in one hit. Put him on garden leave and hope he has a fairly long notice period to spread the cost

I thought he signed a 3 1/2 year deal when he became manager. Surely his playing contract won’t be running concurrently which is why he hung his boots up.

If that’s the case then it’s just a straight sacking. I’d be amazed if we have to pay him a lot because of the risks involved in hiring him.

But who knows maybe he’s on stupid money with a big sacking payout. 

7 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

I thought he signed a 3 1/2 year deal when he became manager. Surely his playing contract won’t be running concurrently which is why he hung his boots up.

If that’s the case then it’s just a straight sacking. I’d be amazed if we have to pay him a lot because of the risks involved in hiring him.

If we sack him we would have to pay the remaining costs of his contract, ridiculous as it is....unless he did the honourable think like Cocu did and agreed a reduced severance package...

20 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

2.5 years contract apparently. Signed in Jan 2021 so plenty of pottering time for Wazza... 

Even so...at that level my gast has never been so flabbered! ?

Hasn’t Alonso said Rooney is his man going forward?

And wasn’t he given a 2 1/2 year contract?

So if the takeover goes through, Rooney will be manager. 

And if the takeover doesn’t go through Rooney will still be manager (unless he resigns and gives up any compo), as it seems likely we don’t have the money to pay him out. 

23 minutes ago, Half Fan Half Biscuit said:

And wasn’t he given a 2 1/2 year contract?

So if the takeover goes through, Rooney will be manager. 

And if the takeover doesn’t go through Rooney will still be manager (unless he resigns and gives up any compo), as it seems likely we don’t have the money to pay him out. 

Yep.......unless he walks away, he’ll be in charge for the last three games minimum!

28 minutes ago, Half Fan Half Biscuit said:

Yes, but he also was talking about Champions League football. I don't particularly believe anything he says - it's geared around what the fans want to hear (or at least what he thinks they want to hear).

I don't like how things are, but I remember how things were earlier in the season and when WR took over and we managed to get some good results and performances together to move up the table.

We could try and get rid now and put someone else in place to see if they can see us through the last three games. (Big gamble)

Or, we can stick with him and see if he can turn it around. (Still quite risky)

I think we'll stick with him. If we get relegated he will be gone and if we survive we will probably have to get behind him and hope he can recruit some players and some coaching staff to help him.

Either way, this summer will not be a quiet one at DCFC.

21 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Yes, but he also was talking about Champions League football. I don't particularly believe anything he says - it's geared around what the fans want to hear (or at least what he thinks they want to hear).

Seeing as he's supposedly besties with lawyers at Madrid he knew this super league was in the offing and meant champions league matches against some Bulgarian 4th division teams and the winner of the Cymru premier.

Now he's going to have to back track and big up the Johnstone paint trophy.

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Good.

Yep another 3 Prestonesque performances will go down a treat. Players are obviously clear on their roles, highly focused and determined and Wazza is succeeding in motivating them to go that extra mile to keep us up as our form over the last 12 games has shown. I would offer him a 5 year contract extension, what do you think RoyMac ?

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yep another 3 Prestonesque performances will go down a treat. Players are obviously clear on their roles, highly focused and determined and Wazza is succeeding in motivating them to go that extra mile to keep us up as our form over the last 12 games has shown. I would offer him a 5 year contract extension, what do you think RoyMac ?

A celebrity of his stature deserves much longer than a 5 year extension!