Get him gone.

Rev

11 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Yes, but as I said, all you're doing is delaying the inevitable. Whoever is the owner next season, how do they sit in front of a room full of journalists and say "I honestly believe that this man sat to my right" (signals Wayne Rooney) "is the man to return this club to the top table of football".

The only solution I can see is if all the back room staff are sacked and a top assistant put at WR's side. You would still be saying that he isn't "yet" good enough, but I suppose a bit of humble pie from the manager may suffice.

Why would you do that??  If your car won't start cus the starter motors knackered you don't replace the battery, alternator, fuel lines, and camshafts, and leave the starter motor in situ.  You replace the main cause of the problem...

The experiment has failed, cut our losses, and get rid.  Now!

11 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

I think if he's not gone today he won't be going as surely someone stepping in will want at least 1 days training 

I'm pretty sure we don't train a day before a match anyway. I may have read that somewhere/heard it in a Rams TV video over the years. So it's unlikely he's gone for this weekend.

5 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Why would you do that??  If your car won't start cus the starter motors knackered you don't replace the battery, alternator, fuel lines, and camshafts, and leave the starter motor in situ.  You replace the main cause of the problem...

The experiment has failed, cut our losses, and get rid.  Now!

That's exactly my point. Either sack him or back him. Gardening leave is just putting a plaster on a gaping wound. I honestly don't know whether we should stick by him or sack him, just that he either goes completely now, or at the end of the season the decision is made.

1 minute ago, richinspain said:

That's exactly my point. Either sack him or back him. Gardening leave is just putting a plaster on a gaping wound. I honestly don't know whether we should stick by him or sack him, just that he either goes completely now, or at the end of the season the decision is made.

Gardening leave was suggested from a financial perspective not operational perspective. I think Pearson put Phil Brown on gardening leave at Hull and bought in another manager (Dowie). It’s hard to prove Constructive Dismissal on a fixed term contract when you’re still being paid but not being expected to do things belittling/demeaning. There’s no part of Gardening Leave that would make your ability to do your job untenable as the duties have been taken away. 

9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Gardening leave was suggested from a financial perspective not operational perspective. I think Pearson put Phil Brown on gardening leave at Hull and bought in another manager (Dowie). It’s hard to prove Constructive Dismissal on a fixed term contract when you’re still being paid but not being expected to do things belittling/demeaning. There’s no part of Gardening Leave that would make your ability to do your job untenable as the duties have been taken away. 

Yes, a very temporary fix to just remove him for these final couple of vital weeks, replacing him with Mac/Wassall who might at least get the reaction from the players that Wazza has been unable to do over these last 12 games, culminating in the Deepdale fiasco the other night. Then a full review and decisions can then be made, knowing which league we are in.

19 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I know that several managers have been put on gardening leave, but did any of them return to their original role? I'm not against (or for) the idea, I really don't envy the person who has to make the decision, just that if we go down that route then it will mean the end of WR's time here.

1 minute ago, richinspain said:

I know that several managers have been put on gardening leave, but did any of them return to their original role? I'm not against (or for) the idea, I really don't envy the person who has to make the decision, just that if we go down that route then it will mean the end of WR's time here.

I've more often come across gardening leave as a way of getting around notice periods, occasionally heard of it to prevent sensitive info going to a competitor.

Let's face it, if he's put on gardening leave it's done, they are sorting out the paperwork.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I've more often come across gardening leave as a way of getting around notice periods, occasionally heard of it to prevent sensitive info going to a competitor.

Let's face it, if he's put on gardening leave it's done, they are sorting out the paperwork.

If he's got a year left on his contract, then that notice period would surely be a year? So we pay up now or carry on paying his (90k a week according to someone earlier) wages for the next year? I can't see 32Red paying him.

2 minutes ago, richinspain said:

If he's got a year left on his contract, then that notice period would surely be a year? So we pay up now or carry on paying his (90k a week according to someone earlier) wages for the next year? I can't see 32Red paying him.

depends o the terms of the contract, 32Red may have no choice

I can't believe that we will be going into Saturday's vital match with the same management and coaching set-up. It is a busted flush and has nowhere else to go. One win in 12 and a limp, uninspired performance in the last match with time running out for us to save ourselves. Once again, silence has descended over Pride Park, as it has generally throughout this season. The whole club seems to be in a terrible mess with zero leadership.

Didn't we put John Gregory on gardening leave then appoint George Burley - initially on some sort of short term deal?

Anyhow, I don't think Rooney will be leaving until the ownership is resolved - one way or the other. And that probably won't happen until after the end of the season - at the earliest (no pre-season again!!)

43 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

If there has ever been a nobrainer time to sack a manager it’s now.

It just makes perfect sense.

What is the benefit of not doing it?

But it’s all about who sacks him and who pays him off. The delay on gardening leave would enable this to be sorted out and at the same time enable us to get him out of the building and Mac/Wassall in for these vital 3 games.  Agreed though, if he does go on gardening leave his time here is done, which I hope it is anyway...