Get him gone.

Rev

13 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Said I had to go but just wanted to ask .

Do you think McClaren has any input at the moment.

I would assume he does myself but maybe not a lot   

If he goes Will McClaren see the season out as interim coach 

Mac's role has never been explained. But as Sporting Director it will most likely relate to being the 'go-between' for off the field activities - scouting, recruitment, maybe even academy. There is a chance he could be offering advice to Rooney, but Rooney suggested that wasn't the case in an interview?

Mac and Wassall would be my interim management duo for these final 3 games. I think they'd complement each other very well (similar to Mac and Simpson)

Edited by Ghost of Clough

Trouble is, it all depends on the state of the 'potential' takeover, I would assume.  It seems to have gone very quiet and if that is stalling, it may jeopardise Mel's plan to make a change.  After all, it won't be cheap.  Mind you, then again, nor will the cost of dropping in League 1, if he's going to be left holding the baby.  Who'd be an owner, eh? 

Edited by RedSox
Grammar! Or is that grammer? ;-)

Just now, Curtains said:

Not looking good for Wayne is it. 

We seem to get to this point so often 

Oh to be a Derby fan.

It keeps ruining my  week having to rely on Rotherham losing .

I’m like a cat on hot bricks .

And then we suffer hoping Derby will win after Rotherham lose etc etc 

Not to men the ESL 

Yes, it’s all exhausting but in a negative way. Just want closure to all this and some hope that things might get better....

This idea of gardening leave is all well and good, but what happens next? Surely all you're doing is delaying the sack? The coaching team's position would be impossible. Do we say "sorry, you're not good enough to keep us up, but once Mac III has saved us from relegation you can all have your jobs back"? For me it's either sack them now if it's felt they can't keep us up, or leave it as it is hoping for the best and review at the end of the season.

Just now, richinspain said:

This idea of gardening leave is all well and good, but what happens next? Surely all you're doing is delaying the sack? The coaching team's position would be impossible. Do we say "sorry, you're not good enough to keep us up, but once Mac III has saved us from relegation you can all have your jobs back"? For me it's either sack them now if it's felt they can't keep us up, or leave it as it is hoping for the best and review at the end of the season.

It’s just a short term option to enable us to maximise our chances of staying up by bringing someone in (Mac/Wassall) who can perhaps motivate and galvanise the players, something Wazza has clearly failed to do......then at the end of the season decisions can be made on the best way forward...

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

It’s just a short term option to enable us to maximise our chances of staying up by bringing someone in (Mac/Wassall) who can perhaps motivate and galvanise the players, something Wazza has clearly failed to do......then at the end of the season decisions can be made on the best way forward...

It also defers the cost of the decision - for new owners to pick up, perhaps?

1 minute ago, RedSox said:

Exactly....if he was sacked now who foots the bill? Just a short term fix to give us the best chance of surviving. Think the Preston performance shows Wazza isn’t the best man to do that and needs to go away and spend a bit of time on his allotment.....

36 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

33 minutes ago, RedSox said:

28 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Exactly....if he was sacked now who foots the bill? Just a short term fix to give us the best chance of surviving. Think the Preston performance shows Wazza isn’t the best man to do that and needs to go away and spend a bit of time on his allotment.....

Yes, but as I said, all you're doing is delaying the inevitable. Whoever is the owner next season, how do they sit in front of a room full of journalists and say "I honestly believe that this man sat to my right" (signals Wayne Rooney) "is the man to return this club to the top table of football".

The only solution I can see is if all the back room staff are sacked and a top assistant put at WR's side. You would still be saying that he isn't "yet" good enough, but I suppose a bit of humble pie from the manager may suffice.

58 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Not looking good for Wayne is it. 

We seem to get to this point so often 

Oh to be a Derby fan.

It keeps ruining my  week having to rely on Rotherham losing .

I’m like a cat on hot bricks .

And then we suffer hoping Derby will win after Rotherham lose etc etc 

At least at the weekend we finally play at the same time so no hours and hours of angst waiting for their game

2 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

What new owners! Mirages in the Spanish heat, like the Arabian desert!

Hence the 'perhaps'!  It's all gone very quiet.....

Edited by RedSox