Get him gone.

Rev

25 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I couldn't see Mel sacking him if the takeover is still in the works.

Equally, if that's no longer the case, I couldn't see Mel wanting to pay the compensation himself.

Therefore, though I don't doubt the genuine reporting of the posters, I find it hard to believe that such a decision will be made before the end of the season and before the outcome of the proposed takeover is announced.

Nothing on updated BBC Gossip...if that was true along with Rotherham defeat, would have been a positive day on the Rams front...

Just now, mr kia said:

I doubt we stay up if rooney stays

I think we will stay up, but Rooney will go. If there's no takeover he'll walk away. If there's a takeover, the new owners will replace him.

I don't think Mel would spend the money on sacking him. I also wonder what part 32Red would play in that decision, or indeed any gardening leave option. So, I'd say that the most likely thing is Rooney will be here to the end of this season...just watch the corner flag appear to prove me wrong now.

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Get rid of him by all means but don't pretend these players are good enough. If we want to challenge in the championship we need much better. 

Agree 100%, Rooney needs to move on but these group of players, imo, are no better, bar 1 or 2, than Rotherham's or sheff wed's squad. 

24 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Show some loyalty.

So fickle on here. 

Loyalty to who?

im loyal to the club not to a celeb who forced his way into a managerial position he's clearly not capable of running or coaching.

I'm actually getting angry that he hasn't gone yet and we are not being given the opportunity to have a chance to survive in the last few,absolutely vital games of this season.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

30 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Show some loyalty.

So fickle on here. 

I've supported Rooney since he was appointed manager. I could see some potential in what he was doing despite the terrible run. But the performance against Preston suggested he's lost the players. Once it reaches that point it's hard to turn things back.

Couple that with the reservations I originally had about Rooney, his odd tactical decisions, public outbursts of players, etc... well I find it impossible for Rooney to keep his job.

9 hours ago, JarodyDCFC said:

I feel that a lot of people are forgetting that our injury list has really screwed us and are just screaming Rooney out when in reality he’s been very unlucky.  I mean, if Clarke or Edmundson get reinjured we might have to play Jordan Brown, who may end up being quality in the future but has no real senior experience. This just shows how bad our injury list (specifically at CB) has gotten. Now with Gregory, Stretton and Jozwiak (hopefully it’s not bad) out injured our attacking options are becoming more and more limited too. Bielik’s reoccurring knee injury was obviously very bad for us, although we shouldn’t be relying on one player to get results. 

I find it difficult to blame Wayne and the rest of the staff when currently we barely have a fully fit starting 11 (that’s if you count Edmundson as fit). I’m not Rooney in as such but I feel like we should cut the guy a bit more slack, an experienced championship manager would struggle with all these injuries and off-field issues too. 

Results due to injuries I can just about take. But it's his job to motivate and organise the players. We haven't seen that for a couple of months.

Tactically, he's lost the plot. We needed something from the Preston game and he leaves Sibley on the bench? Fair enough if he thinks he isn't good enough to start, but we needed a goal late on. Sibley's more likely to get that than Ebosele. Festy is a RB whose strength is bursting forward into the RHS of the area. Rooney sticks him out on the left wing?

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I've supported Rooney since he was appointed manager. I could see some potential in what he was doing despite the terrible run. But the performance against Preston suggested he's lost the players. Once it reaches that point it's hard to turn things back.

Couple that with the reservations I originally had about Rooney, his odd tactical decisions, public outbursts of players, etc... well I find it impossible for Rooney to keep his job.

Said I had to go but just wanted to ask .

Do you think McClaren has any input at the moment.

I would assume he does myself but maybe not a lot   

If he goes will McClaren see the season out as interim coach 

What happens to 32 red and the takeover and the coaching team like Rosenior etc

Edited by Curtains