Only Clarke gets any credit.

RoyMac5

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What an utterly appalling display by almost all of the players tonight. The experienced players really let us down. I can't see how this lot would be any good for anyone because when the going gets tough, we don't get going.

I can't say I'd miss most of this lot, most are not fit to 'kiss the badge'.

Kiss the badge!? These feckers don't give a flying feck, at the end of the day they get paid handsomely.

1 minute ago, DCFClks said:

Surely you have to at least acknowledge the terrible game management by the coaches today? SURELY?! 

There were questions about who might play or not, but most of the players were UTTERLY AWFUL. Did the manager tell them not to play with pace, not to be committed, not to give a bloody damn?!

Waghorn and Richards needn't have been on the pitch. Lawrence floated around in a meaningless manner. The midfield were absent, although why take Shinnie off and leave Bird on?! No guts. Clarke and Eddy looked like they were trying. Buchanan when he came on. Where did he put Festy? Pah.

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

There were questions about who might play or not, but most of the players were UTTERLY AWFUL. Did the manager tell them not to play with pace, not to be committed, not to give a bloody damn?!

Waghorn and Richards needn't have been on the pitch. Lawrence floated around in a meaningless manner. The midfield were absent, although why take Shinnie off and leave Bird on?! No guts. Clarke and Eddy looked like they were trying. Buchanan when he came on. Where did he put Festy? Pah.

The players are clearly not responding to Rooney or his tactics, you can blame the players for that, fine, it doesn't matter at the moment in our current desperate state. Would a new manager at least not have the chance of getting some sort of reaction out of the players? it may well not work but at least try.

I don't know how you didn't see that the coaches completely ran put of ideas. Buchanan got the ball,  attempted a cross, literally about 5 metres passed the half way line, which obviously failed. That was the level of sophistication our tactics were at for most of the game tonight.

He's probably been a shining light in two awful seasons and he's still got time on his side but I can't see him ever being good enough for Brighton's first team while they are still in the top flight. Might sound harsh and I'd be delighted for him if I was wrong but I just can't see it. 

1 hour ago, DCFCJim87 said:

He's probably been a shining light in two awful seasons and he's still got time on his side but I can't see him ever being good enough for Brighton's first team while they are still in the top flight. Might sound harsh and I'd be delighted for him if I was wrong but I just can't see it. 

No, but he's more than good enough for top Championship - not likely to be us on his money either. ?