Twinkle Toes Roberts

David

Would definitely sign him if we get the opportunity. Clearly a quality player - looks like he needs consistency and a defined role, though, maybe he’d get that if we stuck with the same formation.

Certainly the pick of the loanees. 

4 hours ago, DCFClks said:

I was just just about ask on another thread if I was the only person who would like us to sign him again if we stay up?

I always thought he looked good even when he first arrived and people were calling him too "light weight" etc, We just need to somehow create space for him higher up the pitch and give him less defensive duties. I agree in the right circumstances he'd be a top player in this league, not sure if a Rooney style team would be right for him though. If I was him would I want to come back here? probably not. 

who exactly is a Rooney style right for?

He's got some nice touches. He could be a very good player. However he makes Jonny Russell's end product look like Messi's. I'm sorry, but I just haven't seen anything that makes me think he's what we need now or in the future. I honestly don't remember one cross within 5 yards of a team mate in any direction or height.

• 3 weeks later...

Was a cracking goal he scored, but if that miss for 4-3 had come back to bite us I think I'd have killed him.
He's been good for us, though. There's clearly a very good player in there in the right system.

2 minutes ago, Ramchope said:

Agreed, took the goal well and had a good game overall today but definitely not one we should be looking to bring back. 

Beat the hell out of my cushion when he missed that one on one though.... 

I would have beat the hell out of something else had he scored. I would have had to close the patio blinds first though.