Would a spell in League One actually be a good thing?

IslandExile

Would a spell in League One actually be a good thing?  

232 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

No chance for me although I’ve already paid for it so not sure what choices I will get. 

But I’m not interested in Div 3. 

That's fair enough and I'm not criticising. I'm interested in Derby County if they're playing in the Champions League or league two. For me, the team I support is more important than the league they're in or the quality of the opposition.

7 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Sunderland, Ipswich, Charlton etc etc will tell you it’s not always a good thing, as I said in match day thread this lot would not get us out of league one it’s a complete rebuild whichever league were in, I’d rather be doing that one league away from the Prem than two or we could be stuck down there. 

This lot with the best players like Sibley, Shinnie, Knight, Byrne and Clarke gone would probably drag us down to league 2.

Edited by Marriot Ram99

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

That's fair enough and I'm not criticising. I'm interested in Derby County if they're playing in the Champions League or league two. For me, the team I support is more important than the league they're in or the quality of the opposition.

Reckon your one of the people who clap the players off at the end of the game when we’ve just been hammered 5-0 ain’t u?

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’ve supported them in Div 3 and it’s not easy to get back up .

I am just disillusioned at the minute after tonight. 

I have no idea what’s going on at Derby anymore.

20 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Things are now really bad.

Worst squad we've had for a very long time.

Newbie manager who seems to be having little impact.

One failed takeover after another.

I was afraid of us being relegated but I'm now starting to see that there could be a positive side to it.

Chance to regroup. Clear the decks. Review the management team - at the very least. Thank the players out of contract or not pulling their weight.

Build a team around the quality youngsters. Establish a way of playing. Win a few games, heck score a few goals even.

Forget Sunderland and Portsmouth, there are enough examples of teams that have dropped down and come back much stronger..... Southampton, the Dirties, Leicester, and this season: Hull.

Heck even Derby in the 80s - thanks to Arthur Cox. And for those of us who lived through it, it was a lot of fun, a damn sight more than we're having at the moment.

So, it may not be such a bad thing.

The counter argument is that we won't find a buyer, Mel will pull the plug in terms of cash and we'll go into Administration and sink further into the mire.

No its a terrible statement. Could be down there for years. Its like the old 'we' re not ready to go up yet, another year and we'll be ready'  we'll next year never comes. Just as this crap about regrouping and bouncing back up. Utter, utter poo. We need to stay in this division, even if its by goal difference with eh last kick of the last game. Clean slate next year and go again. But not from league one. 

1 minute ago, JayRam1 said:

Reckon your one of the people who clap the players off at the end of the game when we’ve just been hammered 5-0 ain’t u?

Rather pathetic post. Time to grow up.

I wouldn't clap (but I wouldn't boo either) but I would be there again, like a fool, next game.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Rather pathetic post. Time to grow up.

I wouldn't clap (but I wouldn't boo either) but I would be there again, like a fool, next game.

Good on you. 

Maybe I might feel differently if it actually happens. 

It’s not far to the Pirelli

I wouldn’t want a season ticket though I’d rather pick and choose. 

Edited by Curtains

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

We seem to have run out of luck - we've tried to make our own but it's not happening.

We should have had a point tonight at least. That was an obvious penalty at the last, but before that too we had chances. Lady Luck seems to have taken against us...

27 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I was afraid of us being relegated but I'm now starting to see that there could be a positive side to it.

Chance to regroup. Clear the decks. Review the management team - at the very least. Thank the players out of contract or not pulling their weight.

Build a team around the quality youngsters. Establish a way of playing. Win a few games, heck score a few goals even.

Forget Sunderland and Portsmouth, there are enough examples of teams that have dropped down and come back much stronger..... Southampton, the Dirties, Leicester, and this season: Hull.

Heck even Derby in the 80s - thanks to Arthur Cox. And for those of us who lived through it, it was a lot of fun, a damn sight more than we're having at the moment.

The counter argument is that we won't find a buyer, Mel will pull the plug in terms of cash and we'll go into Administration and sink further into the mire.

No. Sorry. It's a no. Nope.

5 minutes ago, winktheram said:

No its a terrible statement. Could be down there for years. Its like the old 'we' re not ready to go up yet, another year and we'll be ready'  we'll next year never comes. 

This. 

The 14/15 team was better than the 13/14 team. Injuries foresaw that we didn’t even reach the play-offs in 14/15.

Edited by cannable

33 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

No. Sorry. It's a no. Nope.

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I’ve supported them in Div 3 and it’s not easy to get back up .

I was there as well. Actually, it wasn't too bad last time. We only spent two seasons down there but it won't be anywhere near as easy this time and anyone expecting a quick return is probably a little optimistic to put it mildly.

I foresee, unless we get a big points deduction, a number of years of mid table mediocrity followed by, more years of the same. What will be will though. There is no point us all falling out with each other.

We could stay up, not solve any of the issues and go down next season, or we could stay up, get a takeover and some investment and be right back up there.

We could go down, not get a takeover and be crippled financially. Or we could go down, manage to keep hold of Sibley, Bird etc who get a really positive season under their belt and we come back up with momentum.

All four of those situations are perfectly feasible, but I can’t say I’m too worried either way. Ask a Hull fan whether they have enjoyed this season more than last season - all I want is to be able to enjoy it and this season has been hugely unenjoyable 

But if it happens. Embrace it as part of the epic story. Let's go to all away games, humbled but hopeful and curious about change. We dont have to like it, I will be angry, but if you think about it, the story is everything, not success. So duck it, nothing to be scared of, nothing to be pleased about, just the next chapter. 

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I was there as well. Actually, it wasn't too bad last time. We only spent two seasons down there but it won't be anywhere near as easy this time and anyone expecting a quick return is probably a little optimistic to put it mildly.

I foresee, unless we get a big points deduction, a number of years of mid table mediocrity followed by, more years of the same. What will be will though. There is no point us all falling out with each other.

Absolutely we feel bad enough as it is.