Rooney in or out poll (again)

Andicis

Should Rooney stay or go?   

297 members have voted

1. 1. Rooney in or Rooney out?

• Rooney in
    • Rooney out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/04/21 at 18:55

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well some of them have been relegated, some of them have no history and some are also rans - where does that put them?

Most have regressed under Rooney, especially the youngsters. 

Beilik, CKR, Roos, Clarke and Shinnie are the only ones that have played at or above expected levels.

Many have seen their individual performance levels drop from Cocu’s time here which is particularly alarming!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Most have regressed under Rooney, especially the youngsters. 

Beilik, CKR, Roos, Clarke and Shinnie are the only ones that have played at or above expected levels.

Many have seen their individual performance levels drop from Cocu’s time here which is particularly alarming!

Byrne, Marshall, Bird (say some), Lawrence. Young players aren't consistent. So who does that leave to be alarmed about? Wisdom, Waghorn?

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Byrne, Marshall, Bird (say some), Lawrence. Young players aren't consistent. So who does that leave to be alarmed about? Wisdom, Waghorn?

Byrne I forgot.

Marshall is ok but not near his best. Bird has been terribly out of form although he’s picked up in the last two games.

For all their faults this is the worst I have seen Wiz and Waghorn. They are both top half champ level players.

The blokes clueless, both tactically and with his selection. The Cardiff game was a clear indication of this. We were on a hot vein of form, and he made loads of changes to the team. In the Champ consistency is key, and his inexperience showed! 

His interviews are abysmal to say the least! When we loose it’s always the officials that take a battering! We need a coach who is experienced, and knows the English game inside out!

I’d take Chris Wilder in a heartbeat! When Mel leaves!  He can build a team from the ground up when left solely in charge of football matters! Unfortunately, Derby always go for the glamor, not the substance! 

3 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

The blokes clueless, both tactically and with his selection. The Cardiff game was a clear indication of this. We were on a hot vein of form, and he made loads of changes to the team. In the Champ consistency is key, and his inexperience showed! 

His interviews are abysmal to say the least! When we loose it’s always the officials that take a battering! We need a coach who is experienced, and knows the English game inside out!

I’d take Chris Wilder in a heartbeat! When Mel leaves!  He can build a team from the ground up when left solely in charge of football matters! Unfortunately, Derby always go for the glamor, not the substance! 

Ridiculous selection. That when I realised he was clueless though I had suspicions prior.

Christ that was shocking.  How we didn't lose that by a record score I don't know. 

14 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Sibley has gone backwards under Rooney. Looked a real threat under Cocu last season & now labours under the pressure Rooney has publicly piled on him. Key problem is retention of possession which has not improved one iota this season...I would question why this isnt being worked on

Bird was spoken about as potential England material. He has definitely been poorer this season under Rooney, not helped by being in & out of the team. Started to improve with regular starts since Rooney finally accepted Knight/Shinnie offered us very little as a midfield duo.

Knight was a spikey, goal scoring threat in Cocu's side. Now reduced to water carrier & ineffective square pass also ran

Waghorn scored double figures last year, been very poor all season

Lawrence also very dangerous last season. Didnt score at all this season until couple of weeks ago

Marriott was hardly a mainstay of Cocu's side but at least he tried to use him & scored the odd goal. Rooney didnt even bother which makes even less sense given how direct/4-4-2 inclined we've become

Other than Shinnie, Im struggling to think of anyone who has flourished under Rooney compared to last season.

14 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Ridiculous selection. That when I realised he was clueless though I had suspicions prior.

Christ that was shocking.  How we didn't lose that by a record score I don't know. 

Yes Cardiff was the emperors new clothes moment for me also. Never ever give a game away when on a bit of form

1 hour ago, Hector was the best said:

Birmingham were odds on favourites to go down, then they appoint Lee Bower Look how he has turned that grope of players around.. Rooney out now for me.

I think that should be the official term for a number of footballers. ?

I've voted Rooney in, we have given him, his first attempt at being a coach, we were bottom of the league, he helped us get out of the bottom three, we are still in the fight, he believes we are not going down.

He is picking players he believes in, to win us the points we require. The majority of fans on here, at some point, and more recently, have called out the majority of the coaching staff, the squad, the recruitment team, the owner, the new owner, the financial staff, the EFL, the officials and even I have called out on a few occasions how we struggle more often than not, with Wisdom, Lawrence and Waghorn in the starting line up, but that is purely my opinion, based on what I see in match games, deep down I know all 3 players can deliver a great deal better, but I don't believe it has anything to do with how they are currently training or coached. I've even called out the media for being biased against us.

The experienced players at this club are proffessional footballers that have been in the game long enough to be able to stand up, not fall down, put pressure on opposing players, stay in a game, control a game, draw or win a game, and not give away soft goal after soft goal in games that are currently stopping the club we all love from picking up the points we require.

I will carry on to support Derby County Football Club, and I believe right now, with only 4 games to go, as a supporter it is not the time to self destruct and blame everyone at the club and breed more doom and gloom than is required. It's a time to stay strong and believe in those at the club, that believe we can and will stay up. Support one another.

Ps....... @Owen87ITKbefore our doom and gloom grumpy supporters start blaming RamsTV for not scoring the winning goal at Deepdale, or the kit man, or the tea lady, or the receptionist, or the staff at the megastore, or the marketing staff, or the media staff, can I just point out that the picture the club has used of our wonderful Wayne Rooney in the advertising banner that appears on here for the Preston game, to Watch At Home, well he's not smiling, and he looks a bit worried, will Preston get a lift from this, will it be our own downfall?................(keep smiling and doing a wonderful job)

Keep smiling everyone and support Derby County Football Club.

15 hours ago, Footymum2017 said:

I’ve voted Rooney out but I think it needs to be the whole of the 1st team coaching staff and player recruitment/scouting that need to go or things won’t change.

Footymum2017 you are so right for some reason there is a very negative cancer going through our club from top to bottom, a total clear out is needed. 

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

"Sibley has gone backwards under Rooney. Looked a real threat under Cocu last season - with Martin to play off

Bird was spoken about as potential England material. He has definitely been poorer this season under Rooney, not helped by being in & out of the team. - inconsistent youth

Knight was a spikey, goal scoring threat in Cocu's side. - errr

Waghorn scored double figures last year, been very poor all season - including for Cocu

Lawrence also very dangerous last season. Didnt score at all this season until couple of weeks ago - ? injury, what injury

Marriott was hardly a mainstay of Cocu's side but at least he tried to use him & scored the odd goal. - scoring for fun for the Wendies ?

Other than Shinnie, Im struggling to think of anyone who has flourished under Rooney compared to last season"

16 hours ago, Footymum2017 said:

I’ve voted Rooney out but I think it needs to be the whole of the 1st team coaching staff and player recruitment/scouting that need to go or things won’t change.

The recruitment staff has been given a free pass by the club for far too long and for the coaching staff.... when Cocu got the axe they should’ve all gone with him out of the PP door. 
I think Rooney had a 10-20% chance to avoid absolute failure as he was surrounded by the same ingredients that an experienced coach and staff couldn’t get a tune out of. 
Complete farce when sacking Cocu (which he had to go) nothing in place following his departure and now we have a manager without experience or qualifications WTF ? ?

2 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

The recruitment staff has been given a free pass by the club for far too long and for the coaching staff.... when Cocu got the axe they should’ve all gone with him out of the PP door. 
I think Rooney had a 10-20% chance to avoid absolute failure as he was surrounded by the same ingredients that an experienced coach and staff couldn’t get a tune out of. 
Complete farce when sacking Cocu (which he had to go) nothing in place following his departure and now we have a manager without experience or qualifications WTF ? ?

So he’s done a good job under the circumstances then !

6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

So he’s done a good job under the circumstances then !

He’s done well in a few but terribly in others. Throwing the manager under the bus is unfair, it’s the players the coaching staff and the manager as a whole. Win together lose together, that should be the ethos of the team and club. 

Archived