Jump to content

Relegation watch


Spanish
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

If Brum manage to get the win I think that almost secures their place barring disasters...which can only help our cause.

Mathematical not safe but there are enough teams with less points to mean they are safe.  Excellent end to the season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

3 wins in a row for Coventry. It just shows you doesn't it, with the right mentality, spirit and application it is doable. In the space of a week, they have gone from being in serious danger to guaranteeing safety. If they can do it, why can't we? 

Err... because they (just like Brum) have a fully trained professional manager in charge.. it makes s big difference! Who'd have thought it eh?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

3 wins in a row for Coventry. It just shows you doesn't it, with the right mentality, spirit and application it is doable. In the space of a week, they have gone from being in serious danger to guaranteeing safety. If they can do it, why can't we? 

Because we are bloody awful

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wouldn't mind Birmingham beating Forest. Hopefully gives Birmingham a little less to play for against us, and hopefully kicks a bit of life into Forest so they turn up against Sheffield Wednesday, if not for fear of relegation then at least for fear of finishing below us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

3 wins in a row for Coventry. It just shows you doesn't it, with the right mentality, spirit and application it is doable. In the space of a week, they have gone from being in serious danger to guaranteeing safety. If they can do it, why can't we? 

Coventry have gone above Bristol City into 15th tonight, that’s not too shabby is it considering their position a month ago. Why do we appear to lack desire and belief ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

they still have 2 games in hand on us and are only 4 points behind. I still fancy them to get something against Barnsley but probably nothing against Brentford. I'd imagine that'll leave them 3 points behind with 3 to play. I still think sheffield wednesday are our biggest worries- they've got boro and forest up next and they're both winnable for them. Obviously if we get a win against birmingham or swansea then we're doing ourselves a big help but i can't see us getting more than a point from those 2. 

Rotherham were beaten by Boro, we were beaten by ourselves not trying. 

Jose' fired by Spurs as "10 players were looking to leave" if he stayed.  Are we having the same reaction from our players not buying in to Rooney's methods?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IF we win at Birmingham, IF Rotherham lose to Barnsley and Brentford and IF Sheffield Wednesday lose to Middlesbrough at the weekend

Yes, a lot of IFs, but it would put us 7 clear of Rotherham with three to play and Sheffield Wednesday unable to catch us.

After spending all day planning League One life in my head the minor glimmer of hope is back. It's the Derby way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

they still have 2 games in hand on us and are only 4 points behind. I still fancy them to get something against Barnsley but probably nothing against Brentford. I'd imagine that'll leave them 3 points behind with 3 to play. I still think sheffield wednesday are our biggest worries- they've got boro and forest up next and they're both winnable for them. Obviously if we get a win against birmingham or swansea then we're doing ourselves a big help but i can't see us getting more than a point from those 2. 

Really? Big local Derby and Barnsley are at home desperate for the win to cement their play off position?And with Rotherham's recent gruelling schedule I wouldn't like to call that one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MickD said:

Rotherham were beaten by Boro, we were beaten by ourselves not trying. 

Jose' fired by Spurs as "10 players were looking to leave" if he stayed.  Are we having the same reaction from our players not buying in to Rooney's methods?

Has he gone yet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MickD said:

Rotherham were beaten by Boro, we were beaten by ourselves not trying. 

Jose' fired by Spurs as "10 players were looking to leave" if he stayed.  Are we having the same reaction from our players not buying in to Rooney's methods?

What methods

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Patrick Rams said:

Really? Big local Derby and Barnsley are at home desperate for the win to cement their play off position?And with Rotherham's recent gruelling schedule I wouldn't like to call that one.

Barnsley winning tonight so would have virtually secured play of place. Nothing to play for

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Coventry have gone above Bristol City into 15th tonight, that’s not too shabby is it considering their position a month ago. Why do we appear to lack desire and belief ?

Because there’s something wrong off the pitch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

We could end up bottom

Don’t even go there. I’m trying to developer a what will be, will be, approach but it ain’t easy. I just hope the players have a kind of lightbulb moment between now and Saturday and it dawns on them they are allowed to show a drop of urgency and win football matches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Mathematical not safe but there are enough teams with less points to mean they are safe.  Excellent end to the season

Yep...Brum looked certainties for the drop a few weeks ago...then they appointed a well qualified professional manager and they haven't looked back! What a turn up!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.