What are you eating this morning?

David

26 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Jeez John. Hope you are feeling ok, and that it is just a mild attack. Take it easy. Tell Lynn to go on top for the next few weeks and that you want breakfast in bed afterwards.

I’m good cheers,wasn’t expecting it,that plus the queue at a&e made it a bit too close for comfort.

Lynne won’t listen,she just keeps quoting Dolph  Lungren from Rocky 4.

4 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Jeez John. Hope you are feeling ok, and that it is just a mild attack. Take it easy. Tell Lynn to go on top for the next few weeks and that you want breakfast in bed afterwards.

How did you know they have bunk beds?

(just trying to confuse the google bot)

The last time I had brekky was in August 2019, at Botteltje in Ostend where we were attending the North Sea beer festival. The first nom of the day now is cheese and biccies when we have our mid-afternoon beer. Today's cheeses were some mousetrap cheddar, port-infused Derby cheese, a little Camembert and some very ripe stilton. The beers were a 75 cl Tripel Karmeleit, a 50 cl Schneider Weisse Aventinus and a 33 cl Orval.

Very lovely, very civilised.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/04/2021 at 10:43, Coneheadjohn said:

Yeah mate,heart attack 4 weeks ago.

Hecky hell!  Only just seen this.  Hope you're doing ok mate.

Have to say, this has been a stressful season for all of us, worrying about our team getting relegated... but I was forgetting you have two teams to worry about!  

On 16/04/2021 at 11:01, sage said:

Almonds are a disaster for the environment. The amount of water needed to grow them has caused horrific problems in California.

This is why I always cry after drinking 2 bottles of Amaretto.

Cow's milk is still by far the worst for the environment.

https://theconversation.com/which-milk-is-best-for-the-environment-we-compared-dairy-nut-soy-hemp-and-grain-milks-147660#:~:text=Dairy has the biggest environmental footprint%2C by far&text=All available studies%2C including systematic reviews%2C categorically point this out.&text=Water use is similarly higher,and 28 for soy milk.

On 16/04/2021 at 10:43, Coneheadjohn said:

Yeah mate,heart attack 4 weeks ago.

FFS John lad, couldn't you break the news gently!! Hope you're on the mend anyway. Avoid skimmed milk though buddy. Filthy stuff. Use less whole milk or add a little water. 

On 16/04/2021 at 13:53, Coneheadjohn said:

Lynne won’t listen,she just keeps quoting Dolph  Lungren from Rocky 4.

image.png.61ba544d2c3287c53a8f1f98964dfe67.png

5 minutes ago, Coneheadjohn said:

The quote is,

If he dies,he dies!

Semi skimmed?

Well semi's are seldom the best option bud. Disappointed I need to tell you this. Might explain Lynne's comment too though I prefer my version ?

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/which-milk-right-you#:~:text=Skimmed%2C semi or full-fat,in terms of heart health.

Also meant to say oat milk is a good brekky alternative

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

On 16/04/2021 at 15:25, Van der MoodHoover said:

Is that the bit just before you hug the nearest individual exclaiming, "you...you're me best....flipping pal....I duckling love you....hic..." ?

The beer thread's over there ->