Rooney In!

Inverurie Ram

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Gregory, Mengi, Edmundson. Davies, Stretton.

What's made it a crisis is the total lack of depth and holes in our squad.

Davies has been out for most of the season, not sure any of those, other than perhaps Gregory, would have started yesterday. This is no Steve Mac 2 injury crisis, nowhere near. Wazza was dealt an incredibly difficult hand that he has played pretty averagely....his inexperience has also showed too.....

Keep Rooney and give him a real chance.

we went into this season with no money no centre forward and lots of unfit players and we lost vital players for long periods of time 

(Davies,Belick )

sure we need an overhaul no mater which league we are in and if crowds are allowed back in the referees won’t be able to get away with what we have been subjected to this season. It’s been fairly crap to watch but a lot of youngsters are learning a lot.

players to leave Wisdom, Davies, Waghorn, (obviously Malone and jafoozon) sell Lawrence and jozwiak 

try to sell Marriott but unlikely - what has happened to him?

id keep Forsyth as he is decent cover for both left back and centre half

major work to be done the only loan player I would consider to keep on a free transfer would be Gregory and at a push Edmondston but Rangers would want a decent fee which I am not sure about.

4 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I'm sure every club in the division can point to injuries and bad decisions that cost them points. We aren't where we are now because of a few bad bits of luck. 

No-one suggested we are. But two managers now have struggled with a potential relegation, perhaps the squad isn't as good as it could be.

10 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

we went into this season with no money no centre forward and lots of unfit players and we lost vital players for long periods of time 

(Davies,Belick )

sure we need an overhaul no mater which league we are in and if crowds are allowed back in the referees won’t be able to get away with what we have been subjected to this season. It’s been fairly crap to watch but a lot of youngsters are learning a lot.

players to leave Wisdom, Davies, Waghorn, (obviously Malone and jafoozon) sell Lawrence and jozwiak 

major work to be done the only loan player I would consider to keep on a free transfer would be Gregory and at a push Edmondston but Rangers would want a decent fee which I am not sure about.

This will obviously all depend on which division we are in....even the likes of Gregory might not be willing to drop down to Division Three.....

We’d be daft to keep Rooney in charge whatever happens.

Look at how next season in the Championship is shaping up.

Sheff Utd, WBA and Fulham to come down with strong squads for the Championship and parachute payments to boot.

At least two from Brentford, Bournemouth and Swansea will remain in this division.

Teams like Cardiff, Reading, Stoke, Boro, Millwall and QPR will all be looking to kick on.

Forest and Bristol City will be looking to recover under experienced managers and get back into the frame for 6-12th.

What hope do we have under Rooney?

Without us spending £30-50 million of Alonso’s mystery money, it will be mid-table at best.

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Neither have been able to get this squad performing adequately unfortunately.....

That's because, apart from 1 or 2 players we are a poor side, limited in it's ability and it's now showing. I don't think even Mac could get this team moving forward.

imo.

On 16/04/2021 at 00:10, Ken Tram said:

I liked the video. 

What I got from it is that top world class footballers think that he was a top world class footballer - not just in terms of skill, but attitude.

And in my mind, this means that he has the potential to be a world class manager.

I think too many people are comparing him with experienced managers.

well who else do you compare him to, if not other managers?

28 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

(Davies,Belick )

who??

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No-one suggested we are. But two managers now have struggled with a potential relegation, perhaps the squad isn't as good as it could be.

It’s an awful squad, the only centre half we actually own is Davis, and the only centre forward is CKR (excluding Marriott as I have no idea what’s happening with him). Our attacking wingers don’t score goals, and we have zero creativity in Midfield. Our youngsters are no where near as good as we’ve all bigged them up to be. The only real talent we actually own is Lawrence, who turns up for 2 games in 10. Klopp and Pep wouldn’t even get a tune out of this bunch. So I don’t see the point in giving Rooney the axe unless we have a bucket load of cash to spend in the summer, and even if we do should we not let Rooney have a go with his own squad. 

7 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

well its one manager and one complete rookie.

The squad is good enough to not be in a relegation fight.

It’s not, our most reliable and probably best player this season was relegated  from this league last season. This squad is not good enough hence why we are in a relegation battle. 

7 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

It’s not, our most reliable and probably best player this season was relegated  from this league last season. This squad is not good enough hence why we are in a relegation battle. 

If your referring to Byrne, then yes he did get relegated from this division last season, but so did Robinson their other full back who is now in the premier league. Also Byrne was part of that team that only lost 2 of their final 18 games so has proven he is good enough for this division. 

And so players like Lawrence & Waghorn who have proven previously to be top 6 championship players, suddenly just become league one standard do they?

Jozwiak as well, a proven international player, suddenly just becomes league 1 standard when he joins us ??

I'm not saying the squad is good enough for promotion, but it is certainly better than where we are. 

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

This will obviously all depend on which division we are in....even the likes of Gregory might not be willing to drop down to Division Three.....

Well he came from that level and at his age he might not get a better offer ( although he can sit on his Stoke city wages)