U23s vs Arsenal (H)

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We always seem to have some cracking games against Arsenal with lots of goals, but they do have the best of the results. I used to work with an Arsenal supporter and he has been to many matches with me  where he's admitted they've had the luck.

Positives tonight were the build up play, and pressing. 

Disappointing when Mitchell Lawson went off and it seemed to change the flow of the game. Also, if Cresswell wants to get on the pitch for the first team he has to be taking his chances at this level.

Thought we played well for the most part of the game, Dixon, Shonibare and Wilson the stand out players. 

The referee was awful, should have sent off Lopez and Azeez, the Cresswell penalty shout was more of a penalty than the one we were given. 

2 hours ago, OohMartWright said:

I can see why Stretton is in the first team picture and Cresswell isn’t. Stretton seems to have better positional awareness and as a result, scores without drama.

Stretton could be blindfolded all game and still be in the right position to score a hattrick 

11 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Despite currently having the 6th best U23 side in the country, relegation to L1 means the U23s would be 25th in line to play in the Papa John's Trophy, with the highest 16 to accept an invite participating.

Damn it, was looking forward to see what side got further! My money would have been on the U23s...

11 hours ago, angieram said:

You really like to have a dig at every opportunity, don't you? There's plenty of time to be miserable when you're old! 

Got to fulfil my character on here - though just you wait until I’ve had a decade of watching Derby in League One that’s coming up. I’ll be insufferable.

Archived