Rooney’s Style of Play/Identity

David

19 hours ago, Jase116 said:

For me if WR keeps us up this season it will be a successful job, Next season I always said will be the season to judge him, to see what players he brings in and what style of football he plays ( more adventurous). I wasn’t in the WR manager camp, but he is our manager and will back him, but next season we have to see a lot more imo 

Didn't we all say the same thing about Cocu though? The following season was even worse than the one before it. I don't think we have the luxury of seeing if Rooney can do it differently next season - we need someone experienced who can make the most of whatever resources are provided by the new owners. 

On 08/04/2021 at 14:25, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Got the job because of his name only. No other 34 year old would have been given this job under the circumstances we are in.

You're right BUT he took us on when we were bottom of the league, whilst we're still too close for comfort the fact remains we're not bottom or even in the relegation zone and we have (a small amount of) breathing room, so I couldn't careless if it's Wayne Rooney or Bob from the local, the goal would've been after Cocu got the boot: KEEP US IN THE LEAGUE! Hopefully he's done that but it could have been so much more had KB not got injured, we were in proper form until that point.

56 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

I seem to remember us winning a game and Wayne being upset because he felt that we didn't play well enough!

Six more such games this season and we erect another statue in Pride Park Players' Park!

It would be funny if we put up statues of our greatest failures just to remind ourselves not to be so ? 

imagine that 

• a statue of Paul Jewell  (although preferably not humping that bird)
  • A portrait of Derek Hales hanging in the boardroom
  • Photographs of our famous Cup defeat at Crawley lining the corridors 

20 hours ago, Jase116 said:

For me if WR keeps us up this season it will be a successful job, Next season I always said will be the season to judge him, to see what players he brings in and what style of football he plays ( more adventurous). I wasn’t in the WR manager camp, but he is our manager and will back him, but next season we have to see a lot more imo 

But what if we give him next season and he fails? that's another season gone. Do you not think in 26 games you'd at least expect to see some sort of identity or continuity in the team? If anything the style of play/identity has got more and more inconsistent each game  

2 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Just go out to score as many goals as you can, don’t worry about the opposition, enjoy and entertain. That’s all I’d like Wayne, nothing else, no fancy tactics. Actually just the exact opposite of what we’ve had to endure this season ?

Football is a simple game when played right

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

It's close to bullying to demand style of play from 34 year old manager, who doesn't have required badges for his work. I bet you all like to pester summer trainees too?

Just let him be for a few more games.

Bullying for asking a manager to be a manager... he chose to take the job without the requisite badges no-one forced him to do it.

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

It's close to bullying to demand style of play from 34 year old manager, who doesn't have required badges for his work. I bet you all like to pester summer trainees too?

Just let him be for a few more games.

You are being ironic aren't you?

I haven't misunderstood the tone have I because I thought it was very good.

1 hour ago, DCFClks said:

But what if we give him next season and he fails? that's another season gone. Do you not think in 26 games you'd at least expect to see some sort of identity or continuity in the team? 

Have we stopped doing the 'at least let him have a transfer window and preseason'?

31 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Mac 

like before twice leave the bloke alone let him get on with staving of relegation give him a chance to rebuild play a different style then if were in trouble you can bleat on .

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Have we stopped doing the 'at least let him have a transfer window and preseason'?

you have to earn the time though. So the question is have we seen an identity, a way of playing, encouraging moments, a sense that he really knows what he's doing?