Rooney’s Style of Play/Identity

Day

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

you have to earn the time though. So the question is have we seen an identity, a way of playing, encouraging moments, a sense that he really knows what he's doing? 

Well in that case he's got us out of the relegation zone and had a good spell of matches - so he's earnt time.

5 hours ago, Dimmu said:

It's close to bullying to demand style of play from 34 year old manager, who doesn't have required badges for his work. I bet you all like to pester summer trainees too?

Just let him be for a few more games.

Why does our club have to be the club where managers learn there trade? We're not a B Team.

Just now, DCFClks said:

Why does our club have to be the club where managers learn there trade? We're not a B Team.

Errr yes we are.

He sounds a knowledgeable manager, he's attempting to put that into practice with a squad that would defy most managers ability and yet you think he's got an easy ride that he's messing up! 

we all see styles of play we would like to play, but he's done it his way everyone is entitled to his/hers opinion i personally feel some people jump on bandwagon and run manager down without thought. remember we were under embargo because of ffp the the sale of club and covid has not helped finances.so why with respect do posters not think before posting i disliked tommy doc Paul jewel and a few others but never stabbed them in back and we gave Steve mac plenty of chances and cash. just my views I'm sure bald eagle sees his view as right perhaps were all right who knows but only thing that matters is staying up.

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Watching the latest Ramstv video - we've got a starting 11! I can't believe Cocu had it this bad and look at the sympathy he got. 

His contract terminated you mean? 

There hasn't been sympathy for Cocu. Just a recognition that in circumstances similar to those we have faced recently with Rooney he achieved, er, broadly similar performances. Ie we haven't really moved on. 

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not after as few games there wasn't.

I was referring to earlier this season. 

If you're referring to total tenure, well after 26 odd games of Cocus regime we were actually improving and starting to go on a bit of a run. Rooney was contributing positively to that. 

Now after similar number of games we're getting worse. Rooney got credit for the positive results earlier so why wouldn't you expect criticism? If he engineers an improvement from here, won't he get credit? 

If you think there's some agenda against Rooney then I'm not seeing it. 

3 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

If you're referring to total tenure, well after 26 odd games of Cocus regime we were actually improving and starting to go on a bit of a run. Rooney was contributing positively to that. 

Ay? We were in the relegation zone?

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ay? We were in the relegation zone?

No, so then why would there be calls for Cocu to go at that point? 

What is all this unfair treatment you're complaining about? If things are poor, not improving, and the clubs league position is perilous with little chance of recovery then there will be complaints no? Not from everyone. 

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

No, so then why would there be calls for Cocu to go at that point? 

Exactly. There were limited calls for Cocu to go as early into his managerial role. So why not give Rooney the same period of grace?! 

Archived