Rooney’s Style of Play/Identity

David

48 minutes ago, David said:

I know this has come up a lot on the forum over the last few weeks, today it was addressed in his press conference. 

I totally understand where WR is coming from. I suspect pre-season will enable Wazza to stamp his fully embossed mark on Derby County and I look forward to that. 

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I thought that Rooney had already had a go at changing the style to something he was happier with? 

I think he did and it involved KB, then he got injured and there was no plan B, hence he's forced to handle it on a match by match basis. 

I also believe it takes 10-15 games to implement a style completely. He took over a team rock bottom of the league, if he'd had spent 10-15 games perfecting a style, we may have already been dead and buried by the time we start to perform. I don't care how he keeps us up, just keep us up.

Next season, I suspect we'll see a completely different approach to the transfers and the way we play. 

Not for me, I understand his desire to move into management, but I don’t think he really has a strong idea of what it is he wants to do or how to achieve it. Too much chopping and changing which is counter productive. The young players look lost, and the senior players seem not to be motivated either. 

clean out the stables please. No more Rooney or Rosenior ASAP. 

But don’t go daft
work out a financial plan that is compliant with ffp and stick to it. 
bring in a new CEO and financial director instead of the nodders who bend the rules, sell the stadium, and are less than honest with the fans.
try to bring players through - Reading had four in their team last week - so that’s the reality for all clubs in this division.

sort the scouting and the recruitment - no more relatives playing football manager. 
good recruitment really is the key to success. George Burley and Simon Hunt were the last really successful duo.
And no exclusive arrangements with agencies. No back handers. No unorthodox payments to the player’s parents.

most importantly - be honest, work hard, and entertain!

A certain style of play is only effective for a while and has to be fluid to some extent. e.g: It was great under Mac1 until teams found us out and then it wasn't again. No plan B.

Identity?. WTF is that anyway?. Couldn't give a stuff what our "Identity" is meant to be. Just sounds like marketing speak. "Derby Way" anyone?

Just entertain us and win more than we lose, please. That'll do me.

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Got the job because of his name only. No other 34 year old would have been given this job under the circumstances we are in.

Not true; probably more to do with the 120 England Caps, 53 England Goals, 183 Manure Goals, 5 Premier League Titles,  etc etc

Unless you think Frank Lampard only got the job because of the name in which case was it just luck they didn't punt for his Dad ??

These younger men who get these opportunities are perceived to have earned the right through there playing exploits, it does not mean they will be successful but it does help to open doors as they are proven winners.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

A certain style of play is only effective for a while and has to be fluid to some extent. e.g: It was great under Mac1 until teams found us out and then it wasn't again. No plan B.

Identity?. WTF is that anyway?. Couldn't give a stuff what our "Identity" is meant to be. Just sounds like marketing speak. "Derby Way" anyone?

Just entertain us and win more than we lose, please. That'll do me.

Exactly the sort of thing I expect to read from someone with no identity. Yes, you may have a name, a national insurance number, hell, even a passport. But have you actually got an "identity"?

If not, take another look at your brand guidelines. Maybe there is some synergy there you've forgotten about.

1 hour ago, Dethorn said:

Not true; probably more to do with the 120 England Caps, 53 England Goals, 183 Manure Goals, 5 Premier League Titles,  etc etc

Unless you think Frank Lampard only got the job because of the name in which case was it just luck they didn't punt for his Dad ??

These younger men who get these opportunities are perceived to have earned the right through there playing exploits, it does not mean they will be successful but it does help to open doors as they are proven winners.

Just FYI, playing is totally different to coaching. It doesn't matter what he did in his playing days, its about coaching badges and experience which he has neither.

A lot of top coaches didn't even play at the highest level.

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

most importantly - be honest, work hard and entertain!

Yes we want each player to put their best foot forward, put their shoulder to the wheel, their nose to the grindstone, and bend over backwards for the team. But try not to do themselves a mischief in doing these