The good times will return

I don't know which game that was from, or if it's photoshopped in more than just the lighting etc, but I really don't understand the negativity over it and the tweet. Would we have preferred an empty PP? Should it have been Archie Gemmil lifting the 1st Division trophy? And would it have been better to say that he hoped to bring back mid table mediocrity if we get lucky with the free signings we'll be making?

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

I don't know which game that was from, or if it's photoshopped in more than just the lighting etc, but I really don't understand the negativity over it and the tweet. Would we have preferred an empty PP? Should it have been Archie Gemmil lifting the 1st Division trophy? And would it have been better to say that he hoped to bring back mid table mediocrity if we get lucky with the free signings we'll be making?

It doesn't really bother me either way, but as someone who doesn't really bother with social media I don't think it means anything. He'll be judged on his actions, not on feelgood Twitter posts. 

The two club owners who communicated directly with fans on Twitter who spring to mind are that Tony Xia guy at Villa and Fawaz. Both of them proved to be publicity hungry showboaters who overpromised and under delivered, and left their clubs in a worse position than they found them in.

I think a bit of caution when judging social media posts is no bad thing at this stage.

18 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

It doesn't really bother me either way, but as someone who doesn't really bother with social media I don't think it means anything. He'll be judged on his actions, not on feelgood Twitter posts. 

The two club owners who communicated directly with fans on Twitter who spring to mind are that Tony Xia guy at Villa and Fawaz. Both of them proved to be publicity hungry showboaters who overpromised and under delivered, and left their clubs in a worse position than they found them in.

I think a bit of caution when judging social media posts is no bad thing at this stage.

If it was only an introductory tweet then I think it's fine. I too would be worried if he's on there every day like that guy from Peterborough 

10 hours ago, Olton Ram said:

Can't imagine anyone involved in buying into football club ownership is doing so because the are a 'shrinking violet'. They are at best looking to raise their personal profile, at worst, as you put it 'media hungry showboaters who over promise and under deliver'. I suspect Snr Alonso will prove to be the latter, but time will tell...

10 hours ago, richinspain said:

I think everyone would agree that that very moment was a good time. 90 minutes of football later no, but that exact moment....

Very good point. I’d add to that; 30,000+ packed into Pride Park all buzzing for promotion, load of beers pre match with your mates, lovely warm sunny day - ah the best of times!