Best guitarist ever

Curtains

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Cisse said:

It's impossible to say just one but this guy has to be mentioned.

Glen was part of the greatest band no one heard of, The Wrecking Crew.

Excuse me for going off topic, but i think music lovers will enjoy this documentary

Too many to mention as all different in style but here is a few of my favourites:- Angus Young, Edward Van Halen, Hendrix, Ritchie Blackmore, Randy Rhoads, Jimmy Page, Michael Schenker, Brian May. Sorry If I have missed any but these are the ones I listen to the most.

The Randy Rhoads solo at the end is one of my favourites. He was known for double and even tripple tracking his guitar work.

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

still touring 

still ace.  Got VIP access when he was last in Spain, nice guy too

i'm not the envious sort, but will make an exception in this case.  Nah, just happy a fellow Ram got to enjoy a VIP evening with Carlos.

Seen interview videos and the like with him, he is obviously a top fella, a humble guy.

50 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Tony Iommi , Black Sabbath

In a link to one of my picks, Django Reinhardt, Toni Iommi was on the point of giving up guitar after the accident with his fingers but his mate played him some Django, which amazed him, and even more so when he learned that Django could only play with two fingers because of an accident.

2 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Tony Iommi , Black Sabbath

Beat me to it. Invented a musical genre and influenced thousands of guitarists and bands. I'm fortunate to have seen him live with the original line up, mark two with Ronnie and Vinny and the last ever Sabbath gig (until the next one) at the NEC in 2017 ?

17 hours ago, Bearwood Ram said:

Beat me to it. Invented a musical genre and influenced thousands of guitarists and bands. I'm fortunate to have seen him live with the original line up, mark two with Ronnie and Vinny and the last ever Sabbath gig (until the next one) at the NEC in 2017 ?

Even during the 70s with their offstage "reputation", Sabbath were always straight and tight on stage.

Archived