Home v Norwich Matchday Thread

sage

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that really got my goat! Derby County you absolutely screwed me today with that performance! I had you down for a 0 - 4 beating!  It cost me my Soccer 6! I had expected to watch a bloodbath, but in reality it was a bit of a graze on the shin! We gave the best team in the division a really good game today.

I am also impressed that they have shaken off the Alex Neill effect - his teams are built on the premise of kicking anything that moves. And if it doesn't move, kick it until it moves, then kick it! Apart from there being a few fouls here and there, Norwich weren't a dirty team. Instead they are very sly. I am surprised that they didn't give the ref and one of his lino's a team shirt, though. Norwich only had to frown and it was a free-kick, and if they shouted a bit and there was a booking as well. 3 Derby players booked in the first 20 minutes, and only one of those was for a foul. Fozzy barely skimmed his hand across the Norwich guy's back and he went down like he'd been hit by a bazooka. It wasn't a foul, it wasn't a free-kick and it wasn't a yellow card. And it wasn't the time for Marshall to stand at the side of his goal admiring the view. Dowell couldn't miss even if he was Waghorn.

In the end, Norwich didn't win that match, we lost it. And most people on here have spotted the reason. We are crying out for the team to take that second half performance into the next game. But we lost today's match simply because we didn't play like that in the first half. IT is the same old, same old - faff and fart about for the first half, until we have gone behind, then pull a performance out of the bag from just after it is too late to make a difference. And it is the same old story - we know that pressing and attacking cause the opposition trouble, but simply don't bother with it until we are losing.

Question: How many times has this happened? 

Answer: Too.                     Think about it!

MacDonell played well once he realised that he was being targeted early on with balls  into the cannel behind him, and adapted well, ending the match with a bagful of brownie points. Well done! Bird has moved back towards his better self, but still overhits his final pass too often. And there weren't three good chances we threw away - Bird had a sitter which he blasted into mid-Chaddesden as well. We could even possibly have won that match by as much as 3 - 1. This was against the league leaders, the best team in the EFL, who actually should consider moving to London because they are a right bunch of Southern softies!

In the end, all we need to do is press the opposition and attack them from minute number 1, not minute number 57. We still have a chance to survive. COME ON YOU RAMS.

6 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Again, unlucky not to get a point, Bird best player on out side, Lawrence an absolute joke, everyone losing so we won’t go down. 
things just don’t change do they..

Bird our best player, If he gets around to not over hitting his passes, then we could have possibly got a goal or two. Our best players today was Wisdom, Mengi and Forsyth.

5 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Not sure. Half the sqaud missing with injuries? Who would be guaranteed a start today who is injured? Only Clarke in my opinion.

We did well enough in the second half but let's face it, Norwich were in second gear and very happy to sit back and manage out the game, which apart from Mengi's shot and Shinnie's effort at the end.

Did we deserve something out of the game? Maybe, possibly given the fact we gave it a go. But goals are what it's about, and we didn't trouble their keeper nearly enough given the possession we had. 

Second half Norwich were in second gear? How do you know that? Were they trying not to score? Were they trying not to pass each other? Were they really just sitting back? Maybe we just gave them less time on the ball? Maybe we our performance was actually better? Maybe we deserve just a little credit for taking the game to them, rather than them letting little old Derby have a bit of the ball. Maybe we were in second gear first half?

39 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Second half Norwich were in second gear? How do you know that? Were they trying not to score? Were they trying not to pass each other? Were they really just sitting back? 

You’re right, no team is in second gear with a one goal lead.

15 hours ago, Brammie Steve said:

We lost 1-0 to a wonder goal and played Norwich off the pitch for much of the second half.

It actually feels almost like a victory and is in no way a relegation type performance.

Thought I'd get that in before the doom brigade descend again!

Cheer up!

It's only a game!image.png.cae807c9727303e611577f7713be7bfd.png

Archived