Home v Norwich Matchday Thread

sage

3 hours ago, LincsRam said:

I think Lawrence has tried to cross the ball in at least 4 times and not got past the first man, geez he did it twice in 30 seconds there.

And for some very strange reason he is an international football player, even when he tries to pass across the park he usually belts it out of play. He did it with Roberts today, killing a potential attack stone dead.

16 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

It wasn't though was it. It wasn't great but we were pretty up for it in the 2nd half considering all our missing first choices due to injury.

?

2nd half particularly we played well and looked up for it.

Don't think Norwich were comfortable and we gave their defence somethings to worry about.

I think the midfield pairing of Shinnie and Bird deserves a mention. 

Both did well, 1st half held on whilst one of the best midfields in the division looked to break us down, 2nd half they took the game to the Norwich midfield and had them on the back foot.

Shinnie did what he’s so good at doing, ratting, shielding the defence and bring the ball away from danger. Bird was much improved, much more mobile, good interceptions carried the ball forwards with purpose and tried to pass through the lines (his passings not quite back to its best but it was more purposeful today)

Definitely a pairing showing promise

39 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Both did well, 1st half held on whilst one of the best midfields in the division looked to break us down, 2nd half they took the game to the Norwich midfield and had them on the back foot.

Shinnie did what he’s so good at doing, ratting, shielding the defence and bring the ball away from danger. Bird was much improved, much more mobile, good interceptions carried the ball forwards with purpose and tried to pass through the lines (his passings not quite back to its best but it was more purposeful today)

Playing Shinnie and bird will work because they don't get in each other's way. What has happened before when knight has played is that they have 3 players doing the job of 2. No defined role for the 3 and so knight drops out to make the 2 left have more sense of their purpose for the team.

I must be in a minority but I enjoy a bit of music when we score and at half time, a jig keeps you warm! 

I would like them to mix it up a bit more but difficult to get that right for everybody. 

I think they have kept it going during lockdown for the sake of the players. Anything to keep some "normality". 

48 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Just don't let them shoot

Frustrating today, another game where we didn’t get what we deserved but also demonstrates why we’re down near the bottom. The positive is that’s three decent performances we’ve put together on the spin now. We are playing considerably better than we were before the international break. That’s important going into these three games.

Lots of positives today. Mengi gets better every game, McDonald did really well and is a real talent, Bird is getting back to his best and was excellent today alongside Shinnie who put in another steady performance. Roberts had his best game in a Rams shirt and playing like that I hope we can get him back next season. Well played Tom Lawrence also who has put in three solid performances since his return.

We are playing well enough, we are creating chances but it’s crunch time now. All about the results in the next 3 games. If we get 5 points from the next 3 I think we’re safe. 2 wins out the next 3 will mean we can relax for the last two games.

14 minutes ago, angieram said:

I must be in a minority but I enjoy a bit of music when we score and at half time, a jig keeps you warm! 

I would like them to mix it up a bit more but difficult to get that right for everybody. 

I think they have kept it going during lockdown for the sake of the players. Anything to keep some "normality". 

Not sure this is the place to be sharing stuff like that ahem

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

Bird is showing more on his weaker foot. He's also trying to play balls between the lines and carrying the ball more. 

He's getting there. Next season should be a big one for him. 

Shinnie's main improvement is that he's using his low centre of gravity to make little half turns and play the ball forwards. 

Both have been far too guilty in the past of playing sideways and backwards too much.

2 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Not sure. Half the sqaud missing with injuries? Who would be guaranteed a start today who is injured? Only Clarke in my opinion.

Byrne is definitely first choice, Davies was first choice at the time of his injury, Clark is first choice, Bielik is definitely first choice, either Gregory and/or Waghorn were selected when injured. CKR wouldn't be first choice atm.