Home v Norwich Matchday Thread

sage

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

Having said that, McDonald played well too after a shaky start. Probably offers a bit less going forward than Ebosele but is less impetuous! 

I’m sure that was down to confidence though, big game for him today wasn’t it.  First start against Norwich etc.  He got in good positions then seemed to lose confidence in going further forward or crossing it.  Still, another one for the future ?

27 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

have you actually seen him playing this season?

Not much less than lots of Norwich fans will have.

I've just watched 11% of his entire minutes on the pitch this season in the Championship.

Norwich are the best team in the league by a distance, but they're certainly not top of the league due to his input.

Edited by Coconut

I think we all agree the second half was a decent effort and yes maybe we deserved a draw in the end

That said 1 win in 10 is very worrying can we get anything from the next two away games because i think if we dont we could be in real trouble.Rotherham is the team that can decide our future there four games in hand are all at home and yes they are not pulling any trees up like ourselves but every game from now on in is a cup final.We all thought Birmingham would be the team dragged in to a two team  decider to see who goes down sadly i think that team will be us

Played very well second half but should have started the game like that. We look dangerous up until the point when we get near the box then we seem all too often to lack composure, ideas or quality which is why we're still not scoring. We really need to work on our defending of set pieces as for the past 3-4 matches teams have managed to create 2-3 chances a game from them and we'll eventually be punished. 

Results generally went our way with the exception of Birmingham and arguably Rotherham picking up a point. I still think we need 4 points from Blackburn and Preston which will be very different games from today and pose a different challenge. We're more than capable of getting them we just need to play like that second half. 

We played the runaway leaders who were coming off a 7-0 win. We have half the squad missing with injuries, I think we played really well and competed with them for most of that game. The fact we are frustrated that we didnt get the point or more our play deserved shows how well we did.

Big big games coming up but if we continue to play with that intent we will be fine.

For me that is Lawrence’s best position. 2nd striker with the freedom to roam. Able to find pockets of space and switch with wingers in order to move their defenders about. He isn’t a winger (any more than Sibley is). 

Edited by RamNut

42 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

You telling me Conway is being unnecessarily OTT? I don’t believe it 

“That wraps the presser” ?

9 minutes ago, Yani P said:

We played the runaway leaders who were coming off a 7-0 win. We have half the squad missing with injuries, I think we played really well and competed with them for most of that game. The fact we are frustrated that we didnt get the point or more our play deserved shows how well we did.

Big big games coming up but if we continue to play with that intent we will be fine.

Agree with all that apart from the last 3 words, I’m not sure we will. Not being able to score goals could be the big difference to us staying up or not, no matter the intent, passion and commitment, if we don’t put the ball in the net we’re in big trouble. I just don’t see from the fit players we have who’s going to do that. 

20 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

I think we all agree the second half was a decent effort and yes maybe we deserved a draw in the end

That said 1 win in 10 is very worrying can we get anything from the next two away games because i think if we dont we could be in real trouble.Rotherham is the team that can decide our future there four games in hand are all at home and yes they are not pulling any trees up like ourselves but every game from now on in is a cup final.We all thought Birmingham would be the team dragged in to a two team  decider to see who goes down sadly i think that team will be us

No they're not. They play this midweek at home to QPR & Coventry. Their other 2 are away to Brentford & Luton.

5 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I agree with everything you said until the last sentence.  The intent is one thing, goals are another.  We just ain’t gettin um!

Hope you are right!  I’m having another Saturday afternoon crisis.  Couple of beers and a 3 chefs and I’ll be back on track COYR!!!

29 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Does anyone really think when we score a goal (on the rare occasion these days), "I would enjoy this goal a lot more if Guns 'n' Roses were being blasted round the stadium as I celebrate".

Certainly not me.

You're right. it's utterly ridiculous.

I only said to a friend last time we scored, I would enjoy this goal a lot more if We Are The Champions  by Queen were being blasted around the stadium as I celebrate.

20 minutes ago, Yani P said:

we may have half the team missing,but that was probably the most attack minded side we have put out all season,and still could'nt score.if every one was fit,there are no more goals in the squad,we will struggle for any more wins this season,at best we will only pick up the odd point.lets hope that will be enough

Missed the game today because I sneaked across the border to play pitch and putt.

Not surprised by the overall result but seems that we put it up to them. Just lack the goal scorers in this team which is the big issue and will be next season also. 

Results went the way we thought apart from birmingham but think stoke are poor and birmingham are improving. 

34 minutes ago, RamNut said:

For me that is Lawrence’s best position. 2nd striker with the freedom to roam. Able to find pockets of space and switch with wingers in order to move their defenders about. He isn’t a winger (any more than Sibley is). 

And to be fair, when played in his best position, we really shone.

1 hour ago, Yani P said:

Not sure. Half the sqaud missing with injuries? Who would be guaranteed a start today who is injured? Only Clarke in my opinion.

We did well enough in the second half but let's face it, Norwich were in second gear and very happy to sit back and manage out the game, which apart from Mengi's shot and Shinnie's effort at the end.

Did we deserve something out of the game? Maybe, possibly given the fact we gave it a go. But goals are what it's about, and we didn't trouble their keeper nearly enough given the possession we had.