Home v Norwich Matchday Thread

sage

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

That chance was nowhere near as easy as people are making out, but it was still a shocking attempt.

Agreed. There were a lot of Norwich players around the ball/goal and the ball did bobble as Shinnie hit it, although he was leaning back and uncomposed anyway.

Ryan Conway writing "OH NO SHINNIE HAS MISSED AN OPEN GOAL" on Twitter isn't entirely fair.

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

No Bielik, against top of the league and they play like that in the second half. 

The performances cannot drop below this. We play like this second half for the last few games and we’re easily safe and looking towards next season. 

Sure we've been saying this since November? 

1 minute ago, Abu Derby said:

I I was in charge of training, I’d have them in at 6am Monday and teach them how to pass to a team mate, how to take a corner, when to pass and when to shoot, show them that the goal is quite big, how not to overhit a pass, how to kick the football, how to get into the right positions, how to be a winner. 

So all the basics of football

We played well today but we are so toothless it’s unreal. Lack of ideas in the final third makes us so hard to watch. No one can complain if we do go down - at the moment thankfully it looks like Wycombe, sheffield Wednesday and Rotherham are too poor to overcome us. 

Just now, Tamworthram said:

I think we have been very good in the second half. Just lacked the final touch. So, I don’t know  how you can describe it as a “poor performance overall”.

I agree. Much more urgency. Still a lack of quality in and around the penalty area though.

Ebosele should get more pitch time. Cresswell unlucky not to get on given the weak central attacking play we saw.

Best we've played for a while. We created chances and just lacked quality to finish. 

Don't usually moan about the ref because they're usually poor both ways but it was poor. Their players went over with a gust of wind and the ref gives it. We get nothing 

We played much better. 
norwich are a tidy side, 

lots of positives but we just lacked that cutting edge. McDonald lacked that little bit of belief in forward positions. Joz and Roberts ought to switch flanks as they struggle with the ball on the wrong foot. But the three mobile strikers gave us better movement. 

The result is painful, but we played well against a team that won their last match 7-0 and are cruising to promotion with a referee on their side for the whole match.

We created some half chances and on another day we might’ve taken one or two of them.

We should hopefully take the confidence of the performance into the next couple of matches and get those points.

2 minutes ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

The most boring team I've ever witnessed as a Derby fan. Would rather watch Rowett ball.

A bit harsh. I thought Norwich were OK??

If you’re talking about Derby, I wouldn’t describe today’s performance as boring. Just lacking quality.

Archived