Home v Norwich Matchday Thread

sage

16 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Sometimes when jozwiack is in the box i think take a touch invite the foul. He seems to rush & lose the ball. Even around the box he gets small pushes in the back but is too honest and stays on his feet. 

I agree, I've backed him up a lot on here but he's irritating me a bit this game. He's been getting into good positions but he's trying too hard, he needs to take less touches and stay calm when he has a chance.

2 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

Really? Because from what I remember he looked lazy, uniteressted and was downright awful. So bad that even most of the people on the forum wanted him gone at some point.

yeah he wasn't very good for us, yet now looks quality for Norwich,

Similarly some of our players looked good under Lampard, but now according to others are useless. 

what does that tell you?

2 minutes ago, LincsRam said:

So he is forward anyway, so why not carry on?

I am not buying this age malarky, its not like he was born and found himself at 18 years old on the pitch, he has played at all levels inbetween. He is on the pitch and is open to criticism like anybody else.

So you expect to play as well as Byrne?

I think Derby have played pretty well but we must stop some silly kicks away were there goal come from nrothing Marshall could do about it.

But Macdonald impresses me I think he good going forward with it. 

If I was roony I be saying to then try get the ball a tad earlier and give Richard's half a chance. Patrick Roberts done will first half I be telling Lawrence try and joing in with Richard's and joswick in the forward areas.

Just now, Chris_Martin said:

yeah he wasn't very good for us, yet now looks quality for Norwich,

Similarly some of our players looked good under Lampard, but now according to others are useless. 

what does that tell you?

Really?

He scored a great free kick but other than that he hasn’t stood out for them at all.

Norwich are quite clearly miles ahead of us both on and off the pitch. They've been run well with a set plan and identity for years now. They have quality in depth all over the pitch and players who they could sell individually for a fee that could well afford our entire squad for today, give or take a couple of players.

We knew all this before today. They're storming their way back to the PL and we're scrapping to survive. Despite this, we're only 1-0 down, we've had some good openings and they've scored through an extremely good free-kick brought on by an individual error. I'm not in any way arguing we deserve more than the current scoreline, but that doesn't mean we can't get more.

I hate, absolutely hate reading posts on various social media saying "game over" or "that's that then" when we go one down relatively early on. We've recovered well, we're still in the game, so why give up believing we could at least get a point?

We didn't deserve to win at Carrow Road, but we did. If today carries on as it has in the first half, we won't deserve any points today either. However if we can get the final ball right once or twice, or get a yard of space outside the area to get a shot away, then as long as we're only 1-0 down at most, why does it have to be game over?

It's a great chance to get a very valuable and unexpected point, I hope the lads have the belief that they can get it.

The poor play from Forsyth for me started with him turning round and looking to play it backwards or sidewards. Which too many of our players do too often. Never mind we have done OK. Who didn’t expect us to get thumped today? I would prefer Sibley to Roberts though

Predictably painful viewing. Mainly because Norwich are so good to be fair, and you have to give them credit for that. Their tempo, movement and precise passing is very hard to cope with. But what possibly hurts the most is there’s no reason why we can’t play a bit more like that. I mean, sure, they’ve got a bit of extra Premier League quality in their side - but we had the likes of Dowell last season and he looked like a right donkey. Norwich are showing exactly what you can get out of any team with a bit of good coaching. Our team is bad, but we look even worse because of two seasons worth of terrible coaching - decision making all over the pitch is miles off, and that comes from training.

Game is obviously over because we don’t do comebacks, but we have had a couple of chances in fairness. Well, at least a couple of chances to create chances, if we had a bit more quality in the final third. Only have ourselves to blame for being behind though, pathetic by Forsyth, and how many times have we seen mistakes like that from him over the years.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What, defending? He's not had a good game for ages. Why not Buchanan?

I was referring more with regards to when he has the ball at his feet. Defensively, he's not bad. He's always going to have his limitations, as is any player who is 32 and never played above the second tier in England.

The frustration I was referring to is that he is perfectly able to play a great pass which leaves a player like Jozwiak in a good position to create something, or play a dangerous cross in to the oppositions box, only to get lazy with a 5-yard pass which sets the opposition away on an attack.