Dion Charles

Barney1991

I mean, I know we’re going to be needing to sign a striker this summer to replace Gregory, but I was really hoping for something a bit more inspiring than some of the links we’ve had so far. As far as I can tell this bloke looks to be a pretty average League One player, so it’s a no from me, unless we really are preparing for relegation...

Luckily that Tom Barclay hasn’t had a clue what’s he’s talking about in the past, so doubt there’s anything here.

18 hours ago, silhillian said:

If the club have an option for another year they'll take it to ensure a fee comes in rather than not take it and he leaves on a free.

But it may have to be a mutual decision to extend rather than solely on the club. I doubt a player in that situation would risk not getting a bumper pay rise by agreeing to an extension

8 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

But it may have to be a mutual decision to extend rather than solely on the club. I doubt a player in that situation would risk not getting a bumper pay rise by agreeing to an extension

True, it could be mutual but they are normally one-sided in the clubs favour. If it is mutual then I agree with you, but if it's down to the club then they'll definitely take up the option to guarantee a fee.

• 2 months later...