Players best position

Donegal Ram

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

the problem is not the formations for me. It's to do with the constant worrying about the opposition and setting up every game to stop the other team. We should be focusing on ourselves. We easily have players good enough to get us out this relegation battle. We need to be playing faster tempo, quick passes into feet, more intense football. Not this boring, slow, long ball into CKR, defensive style we're seeing at moment. 

I am less bothered losing games than i am seeing us play like this. 

To be fair to Rooney, Look at the team that finished the last game, they don't have the quality to play the style of football you want. 

Also Rooney hasn't had time to be able to experiment with styles, every game since his first has been high pressure must wins at any cost.

Having said that, after 26 games in charge I'd like to see some sort of continuity in the team. A little bit of what made Cocu bad has entered Rooney's tactics. Constant tinkering and reactionary tactics don't work in the Championship, the player's aren't at the level Rooney and Cocu were as players.  

Archived