Transfer Embargo

Bubbles

10 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I agree it’s stupid of the EFL but, as I say, provided clubs submit their accounts well in advance of the window opening surely it’s done no harm.

Except Derby have been denied 3 months extension by EFL

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Aren’t our accounts about two years overdue, let alone 3 months.

The whole thing seems a waste of time to me. If I remember rightly then weren’t we waiting until the fake sheikh bought us before publishing our accounts? If so, will we be able to publish our long overdue accounts before May? If not I presume that the pointless  embargo in place at the moment would continue and then it would become an actual issue seeming as we aren’t going to have any players left for next season.

I think the issue for us is getting the club sold ASAP because if we don’t next season could be a write off before it has even begun. 

We haven't published our accounts due to the EFL charge and subsequent appeal. We have to wait to see if we have to change our approach to amortisation. I would have thought we have our accounts ready to go once we get confirmation that we can proceed. 

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

I'll play devil's advocate. 

Perhaps the EFL deadlines are set based on other factors and delaying the filing of accounts will delay other parts of the P&S calculations. I have no idea if that's why the timescales are unchanged or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to minimise the impact on other factors of their financial work.

Yep. I believe they set a deadline of the end of March so they can analyse the numbers and dish out punishments for breaches of spending rules before the season ends

41 minutes ago, David said:

Reference the "not recognised by the EFL" bit, are there any lawyer types on here who could share an opinion on whether actually the EFL are allowed to overrule the Government?  It's like saying I don't recognise the furlough scheme or Lockdown.  Is it actually the EFL who are in breach? 

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

Why should the accounts take any longer just because of Covid?

I mean, I'm not an actual accountant and I'm a bit thick, but it seems to me if anything they should be easier to do because they haven't got to bother including pesky items like income.

The Govt have provided an extension for good reasons.  One of which is that external auditors are normally required to make on site visits.  Audit firms have tried to reduce these in order to protect staff, reducing travel and exposure. 

That is unless you are the EFL valuer who decided that doing a desk top valuation rather than visiting the ground was a good idea.

7 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Reference the "not recognised by the EFL" bit, are there any lawyer types on here who could share an opinion on whether actually the EFL are allowed to overrule the Government?  It's like saying I don't recognise the furlough scheme or Lockdown.  Is it actually the EFL who are in breach? 

I'd say they are two different things. Paying your taxes and submitting your accounts to HMRC is one thing. Revealing financial details to the EFL are a separate thing entirely. Just because the information in one effectively mirrors the other doesn't mean they have to be done at the same time.

One thing is for sure - next season in the championship ( I am not sure if we will be in it yet) the top 2 places will be two of the reagated premiership clubs from this season followed by probably the third one winning the playoffs - such sadness 

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

Except Derby have been denied 3 months extension by EFL

Yes but, as I say, it doesn’t matter right now as the transfer window is closed. Clubs impacted just need to file them well before the window reopens. have I got that right? Easier said than done with the outstanding appeal.

16 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Yes but, as I say, it doesn’t matter right now as the transfer window is closed. Clubs impacted just need to file them well before the window reopens. have I got that right? Easier said than done with the outstanding appeal.

To be honest I find the whole FFP / EFL stuff quite simply bizarre.

Everything is against clubs like Derby .

Its no wonder Mel wants to sell the club. 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

One thing is for sure - next season in the championship ( I am not sure if we will be in it yet) the top 2 places will be two of the reagated premiership clubs from this season followed by probably the third one winning the playoffs - such sadness 

There's absolutely, categorically no doubt in my mind,whatsoever, that'll we'll still be in the Championship....

Probably

Maybe

Perhaps

While Gibson,Parry and one or 2 other Derby 'haters' remain on the EFL board or have influence the 'attacks' upon Mel and Derby will continue. 

They cannot, and it seems will not accept they LOST their case against us.

They seem unable/unwilling to move on from this.   

The whole thing has become a petty 'childish' vendetta of sorts.

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

To be honest I find the whole FFP / EFL stuff quite simply bizarre.

Everything is against clubs like Derby .

Its no wonder Mel wants to sell the club. 

Parachute payments completely destroyed the concept of FFP and has strongly affected the integrity of the whole competition in my humble opinion 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

That could happen this season yet, with Norwich and Watford nailed on, Bournemouth with a good chance of making the playoffs. The only clubs insulated from the impact of the pandemic are those with parachute payments. Will be more of an advantage next season as the other clubs will be using increased revenues from this year coming to pay off loans needed for this season just gone.

FFP /P&S restricts anyone without parachute payments from competing. Whether takeover is completed or not we’re not going to be splashing the cash next season.

1 hour ago, Rab a dab doo said:

While Gibson,Parry and one or 2 other Derby 'haters' remain on the EFL board or have influence the 'attacks' upon Mel and Derby will continue. 

They cannot, and it seems will not accept they LOST their case against us.

They seem unable/unwilling to move on from this.   

The whole thing has become a petty 'childish' vendetta of sorts.

The 3 championship reps on the board are from Reading, Bristol City and err, Derby County.

Trevor Birch, ex Derby, is one of the independent directors.

6 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Same as this year then?

Archived