Rooney Out!

Birdyabroad

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

But were we not bottom of the league with 1 win (where he scored the winning goal too) when he took over..? And now we are not going down. 
he has done a great job. 

what makes you so sure of that?

if the others win their games in hand we are in the relegation zone.

45 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Pretty sure Greaves scored the most goals per game of any English player in the top flight, in fact any player.

I pretty sure that doesn’t mean he scored the most goals ever.... so isn’t the best ever. 
nugent has a 100% goal scoring record for England....doesn’t make him the greatest ever. 

If we sack Rooney now we’d plummet down the table - we don’t need any more instability or uncertainty. He will also be seen to be important for attracting new owners.

That being said, if it were up to me, I’d get Wilder in for next season. We need someone who knows the division and can get a team playing better than the sum of their parts.

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I pretty sure that doesn’t mean he scored the most goals ever.... so isn’t the best ever. 
nugent has a 100% goal scoring record for England....doesn’t make him the greatest ever. 

Per top flight games Greaves has the highest average goals per game record.  

In the England listing Rooney has 0.44 goals per game the same as David Platt.  Shearer had a higher goal average than Rooney in the modern era and against better opposition.  Going back in time Mortensen, Lofthouse and Lawton averaged 0.94/0.93 goals in 90 games.  Greaves averaged 0.77.

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Per top flight games Greaves has the highest average goals per game record.  

In the England listing Rooney has 0.44 goals per game the same as David Platt.  Shearer had a higher goal average than Rooney in the modern era and against better opposition.  Going back in time Mortensen, Lofthouse and Lawton averaged 0.94/0.93 goals in 90 games.  Greaves averaged 0.77.

Nugent has 1 goal in 1 game... so he must be the best ever......??

rooney is the greatest ever, no question at all. 

Greaves ?

losing his World Cup final place to Geoff hurst didn’t do his subsequent mental health any good though.

11 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Shearer was a far better striker and much better big game player.  I'd take own Owen over him as well.  I might even consider Heskey based on his last 15 games in a Derby shirt.

Owen...! Now I KNOW you are on the wind up. 

36 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

If we sack Rooney now we’d plummet down the table - we don’t need any more instability or uncertainty. He will also be seen to be important for attracting new owners.

That being said, if it were up to me, I’d get Wilder in for next season. We need someone who knows the division and can get a team playing better than the sum of their parts.

Plummet? We're 19th. There isn't anywhere to plummet.

Shrek Reaction GIF by MOODMANI'm not a Rooney fan but sorry is this a joke . He hasnt had any time at all to have his team let alone any money to do it with . 

You have to give the man the summer and half of next season before sacking him and that's if he gets at least some money to spend .

Personally I dont think he has the nouse , any bloke that allowed himself to be conned by Ronaldo like he was  has to be a prise dimwit deep down , also his image isnt great is it off the field . Plus he spits more than spit the bloody dog . It's not a great image . 

But sack him now your aving a larf or bonkers . 

Edited by NottsRammy

Rooney has the most goals for England but I think you will find the majority were scored against part time waiters and taxi drivers . He constantly let us down in major tournaments. Bobby Charlton and Gary Lineaker did turn up when we needed them. As for management , I can’t see at the moment that Wazza -wellie is any better than Cocu-ball.

Is interesting that when we were doing poorly under Mr. Cocu, according to some we apparently had a good squad and should be doing much better. But now we are doing poorly under Mr. Rooney, the squad isn’t very good.

There are a whole host of issues at the football club. They run much deeper than the manager and that is the case no matter who is in charge of on pitch affairs. We were poor at the start of the season and we are still really poor now. We will probably survive due to circumstance but lots needs changing more than the coaching staff do. It was the case under Cocu, it is still the case under Rooney and it would still be the case if we hired Phil Brown with John Gregory as his assistant.

Our best player not named Krystian Bielik is a 34 year old forward signed to be back up to Martyn Waghorn! The squad is full of complete dirge and contains about 6 players who I would be disappointed if they left.

I just hope that things can get sorted off the pitch so whoever is manager can have a good stab at it. The last two managers have both been dealt a really really bad hand.