Rooney Out!

Birdyabroad

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Absolutely no chance of missing seeing it Roy as you bring it up in almost every discussion, debate or argument on this forum like a scorned ex partner 

And yet you comment like you've never heard it! ?

As for ...

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Because unfortunately playing ability has absolutely no impact on managerial ability 

Where you thinking of Cocu then? ?

Rooney should never have been appointed in the first place - I don’t blame him for taking the job but he was not what was needed at such a critical stage of the season when we were crying out for someone experienced to provide a steady hand. Personally whatever happens this season if there is a takeover I would like to see the whole management team gone - we need a clean break from the Mel Morris era.

Edited by Jayram

34 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

My gripe with Rooney is that we are a defend first ‘don’t lose at any cost team’.

Some people on here seem to be suggesting that because we created more chances against Reading today, then we’re NOT a defensive team.

The stats just don’t justify this; we’ve scored one of, if not, the lowest amount of goals since Xmas and have gone on runs of games without even looking likely to score.

You just cannot argue against this, but some are ?

I also don’t agree with those that say he’s working with little or no quality.

We have to international players in the team, not the likes that play for San Marino but established European teams like Poland, Ireland and the home nations.

We have former ‘players of the year’ for other teams and former England youth internationals, I refuse to believe that we have poorer players than Luton, Millwall or Barnsley, that are above us.

There’s a problem somewhere and I suspect we’re saddled with Rooney. As someone pointed out, we most probably can’t afford to pay him off and I get that, but if he can’t get more out of the players or get the balance right (More attackers PLEASE) then he maybe needs to admit he’s been fast tracked too soon.

I’m in dreamland, that’s unlikely to happen, but I knew, and I’m sure I wasn’t the only one, the script for today before a ball was kicked with the team and formation he’d picked.

There’s plenty to gripe about with Rooney but today was not a defensive set up. You had - at the start - the entire midfield of 5 pushing forward. Look at Bird’s field position in the first 20 mins. Didn’t really work: there was no organised press anywhere and it left us exposed at the back. But whilst it may have been harebrained it was not defensive. And in Rooney’s defence, the problem was fixed which gave us the best of the first half. 

7 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Rooney should never have been appointed in the first place - I don’t blame him for taking the job but he was not what was needed at such a critical stage of the season when we were crying out for someone experienced to provide a steady hand. Personally whatever happens this season if there is a takeover I would like to see the whole management team gone - we need a clean break from the Mel Morris era.

I have actually defended Rooney and fully appreciate that he has moved us out of the bottom three.

But I’m coming around to this way of thinking, I fear we’re going backwards again after a promising start.

’Rooney Out!’ Was meant to be a bit of a kick up the backside; I respect him as a footballer and if he has deferred wages to help finances, then I respect that also, but the football is not good enough, it just isn’t and there’s no arguments that can convince me otherwise.

2 hours ago, Birdyabroad said:

No, this is NOT a joke thread.

I’ve been a Rooney man, but I’m sick of negative team selections.

If he is so blind to see that a midfield 3 of Shinnie/Bird and Knight does not work, then he needs to get gone.

We lost the game today when the team was announced.

Surely we MUST start the game with at LEAST 4 attacking players. Against Luton we started with 4 attackers and won comfortably. Before anyone points out that Wag/Gregory were out, start with Joswiak today instead of Knight and that’s a better attacking balance.

Some may also point out that Clarke wasn’t playing and we needed to load midfield, but it’s too negative an argument - We need more attack minded players to keep the ball at their end of the pitch, away from our defence.

It’s just so boring and predictable that we set up to defend, go a goal down, then have to throw on attacking players to try and rescue a point, I didn’t even bother to watch the 2nd half today and I don’t think I’ve ever purposely done that.

No, it’s not good enough Wayne. You did a good job taking us out of danger but, given that other results went against us today, you’re anti-football is taking us the wrong way again.

We’re now back in the running as serious relegation contenders.

So sort it out fast or get gone and let’s get a manager with a bit of attacking chops, like Chris Wilder, his hell-for-leather approach may have been found out in the Prem, but let’s try and get there first and we’ll worry about that later.

We didn’t lose today because of team selection. We lost because we didn’t score when on top and we conceded two daft goals. It’s also not helped picking up injuries to 5 senior players excluding Bielik, meaning the team is looking a bit inexperienced again.

Going slightly more defensive away from home against a team in the top 6 is sensible and had we not hit the post and their keeper not pulled off a worldie save then the plan would’ve worked. We created enough chances today, individual mistakes at the wrong times cost us. 

If you’d written this post after the Stoke game while I would’ve disagreed I would have understood it more. Can’t see how the past two games suddenly made you come to this judgment that Wayne needs to go now, other than it being a reaction to a bad result and other teams winning. We’re actually in a better position today than we were on Thursday as we’re further away from Rotherham.

1 hour ago, Jayram said:

Yes, a total clear out from top to bottom, including ownership, the management team and a lot of players has to be an option....basically start again....

39 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Can’t see how the past two games suddenly made you come to this judgment that Wayne needs to go now, other than it being a reaction to a bad result and other teams winning. We’re actually in a better position today than we were on Thursday as we’re further away from Rotherham.

think it's probably to do with at least the past 10-12 games rather than just the last 2. It has been terrible to watch for a while now, just that some results here and there seem to have masked over it. 

As for in a better position now than Thursday, not sure how that works because if the others win their games in hand we will now be in the drop zone. 

I would ask the question, with the clubs current position/form/team, which better manager would want to take over as manager.

I would further ask the question, does Mel want to pay off Rooney to leave the club and then pay for a new manager, when he seems to want to sell the club.

I thinks its too early to be blaming Rooney, given the shape the team was in when he took over and no decent money being available to strengthen the team

18 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

think it's probably to do with at least the past 10-12 games rather than just the last 2. It has been terrible to watch for a while now, just that some results here and there seem to have masked over it. 

As for in a better position now than Thursday, not sure how that works because if the others win their games in hand we will now be in the drop zone. 

The OP wrote this now after two positive performances and a good result v Luton, that’s what’s strange, if he’d written after the Stoke game while I disagree I could understand it more. 

We’re 8 points off Rotherham we were 5. Much tougher to make up. Cov have a game in hand - but I’m pretty sure it’s against Rotherham. The Luton win was a big one for us. 

2 hours ago, Jayram said:

But were we not bottom of the league with 1 win (where he scored the winning goal too) when he took over..? And now we are not going down. 
he has done a great job. 

Edited by MuespachRam

Just now, MuespachRam said:

But we’re we not bottom of the league with 1 win (where he scored the winning goal too) when he took over..? And now we are not going down. 
he has done a great job. 

We were 2 points from safety when he took over. Cocu would have had Bielik fit if we'd stuck with him, and we'd probably be out of it anyway. Yeah what a **great** job he's done, having scored less than half the goals we scored last season.