Rooney Out!

Birdyabroad

1 minute ago, Birdyabroad said:

The spotlight must fall a little on Rooney for this as well.

He was given the go-ahead to bring in five loans.

Admittedly we don’t know what happens behind the scenes but, let’s assume that most of these were his choice, only Gregory seems to have panned out.

The jury is still out on an injured Edmundson, so we’ll discount him.

Thats a 1 in 4 hit rate on the loans so far this season.

I go back to my original post, in terms of tactics and getting the best out of some of his own chosen players, he must do better.

So the issue there is everything is good with hindsight number 1 and secondly, there is an assumption that better loans could be found than the ones we have chosen. The players have to do better, Lawrence half hearted tackling, Mengi non existent defending, Kazim tired heading, Knight poor decision making. If this is partly Rooney's fault then fine but with all of this and their keeper making stunning saves, we have lost the match today. 

Just now, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Completely disagree, there is far more quality in the squad than is being shown currently. Maybe we as fans need to up our expectations too as many are tolerating these unacceptable performances! 

I don't tolerate it. I'm sick of it, I think this club should be in the premier League by now. But at the same time, I try to be realistic and honest.

We have some good players but no where near enough. Overall, the squad is poor. We're not as good as some of us think we are. Players like Bird I just don't rate, he doesn't show enough at all. Too much inexperience on the field at the same time. A midfield of Bird, Shinnie and Knight is uninspiring. Sibley pushed out to the wing again. 

I think we have enough to not be in a relegation fight but Cocu left us bottom of the league. It was always going to tough from there.

41 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

If I walk out a door it ‘Birdyabroad out’

You do realise how language works yes?

An exclamation mark suggests a command. You do realise how language works, yes?

10 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I don't tolerate it. I'm sick of it, I think this club should be in the premier League by now. But at the same time, I try to be realistic and honest.

We have some good players but no where near enough. Overall, the squad is poor. We're not as good as some of us think we are. Players like Bird I just don't rate, he doesn't show enough at all. Too much inexperience on the field at the same time. A midfield of Bird, Shinnie and Knight is uninspiring. Sibley pushed out to the wing again. 

I think we have enough to not be in a relegation fight but Cocu left us bottom of the league. It was always going to tough from there.

Norwich, Fulham, West Brom and Watford up and down like Zebedee while we sit in this league..  Boring as fook.  Sure Norwich must have promoted and relegated 11 times in 10 years. 

22 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

The spotlight must fall a little on Rooney for this as well.

He was given the go-ahead to bring in five loans.

Admittedly we don’t know what happens behind the scenes

We don’t do we?  We don’t know the list of players he had to pick from do we?  I doubt teams were queuing up to loan us quality young players to scrap it out at the bottom of the championship, especially after the Joiner Arms incident.  Didn’t exactly give teams confidence that we would look after valuable assets.  More seasoned professionals on loan are usually available for a reason, they can’t get in their respective team.

We might have been lucky to get anyone at all.

My gripe with Rooney is that we are a defend first ‘don’t lose at any cost team’.

Some people on here seem to be suggesting that because we created more chances against Reading today, then we’re NOT a defensive team.

The stats just don’t justify this; we’ve scored one of, if not, the lowest amount of goals since Xmas and have gone on runs of games without even looking likely to score.

You just cannot argue against this, but some are ?

I also don’t agree with those that say he’s working with little or no quality.

We have to international players in the team, not the likes that play for San Marino but established European teams like Poland, Ireland and the home nations.

We have former ‘players of the year’ for other teams and former England youth internationals, I refuse to believe that we have poorer players than Luton, Millwall or Barnsley, that are above us.

There’s a problem somewhere and I suspect we’re saddled with Rooney. As someone pointed out, we most probably can’t afford to pay him off and I get that, but if he can’t get more out of the players or get the balance right (More attackers PLEASE) then he maybe needs to admit he’s been fast tracked too soon.

I’m in dreamland, that’s unlikely to happen, but I knew, and I’m sure I wasn’t the only one, the script for today before a ball was kicked with the team and formation he’d picked.

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

The team I support is absolute dog mess, flirting with relegation and showing no signs of improving in the near future...so no, of course not!

But hey, what a player Rooney was in his day, right? Phenomenal! 

Why can't he managed a bit like he played? With courage, energy and passion? Why does he have to be such a massive chicken?

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

I wouldn’t mind It to be honest. Been there before and It was just about the most fun I have ever had supporting the club. 
Do you want a little bet on us going down then??? Or you don’t have the courage of your convictions? 

I thought you wanted us to finish mid table in the championship every season. 

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

The team I support is absolute dog mess, flirting with relegation and showing no signs of improving in the near future...so no, of course not!

But hey, what a player Rooney was in his day, right? Phenomenal! 

Phenomenal indeed.

He's a young manager who needs time and a better squad than we currently have. Plenty of our former managers have had those two things without being personally castigated over it.

Oh and plenty of our former 'more experienced' managers have failed - including the one before Rooney in case you missed seeing.

Edited by RoyMac5

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Phenomenal indeed.

He's a young manager who needs time and a better squad than we currently have. Plenty of our former managers have had those two things without being personally castigated over it.

Oh and plenty of our former 'more experienced' managers have failed - including the one before Rooney in case you missed seeing.

Absolutely no chance of missing seeing it Roy as you bring it up in almost every discussion, debate or argument on this forum like a scorned ex partner 

Edited by Nuwtfly