Rooney Out!

Birdyabroad

1 hour ago, Beetroot said:

Can't believe its 10:25am and Rooney is still in place. Owners must be resigned to relegation.

If it was my club I'd be on the blower to Burton Albion doing a deal. Lend us Jimmy Floyd for 3 matches - if he keeps us up he can pick any player to have on loan at Burton next season. In fact he can have as many as he wants.

Well, he's more likely to score than any of our players I suppose

I think if the fans were in the stadium Rooney would likely have resigned or been fired by now due to the increasing levels of loathing for this 'coaching team' and the position they've put us in. Rooney was an absolute travesty of an appointment from the off- unqualified, part of the previous staff, and even looked unfit post lockdown when he was playing. The stoke press conference gave the game away when he said the lads knew they were in a relegation battle now... well why on earth didn't they know it before? It clearly hadn't been drilled into them because from the off and up until last night Wazza has maintained 100% this club won't go down. He's an embarrassment and doesn't give a damn about this club, it was supposed to be just a rung on the ladder of his ridiculous managerial ambitions until now when it looks like he's closer to managing Scunthorpe United as opposed to Man Utd. 

50 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I am not sure how that can be determined other than results on the pitch and where we are in the table. Who knows what an experienced Manager might have got out of these players rather than the novice currently in charge?? Would Cocu have turned it around without the Rooney influence? I wanted Paul Cook but Ipswich have gone 8 hours now I think without scoring a goal. I think we have very average players that an inexperienced, rookie Manager could not get sufficient out of to enable us to compete and stay in the division.....

So experienced but not Paul Cook? ?

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I think if the fans were in the stadium Rooney would likely have resigned or been fired by now due to the increasing levels of loathing for this 'coaching team' and the position they've put us in. Rooney was an absolute travesty of an appointment from the off- unqualified, part of the previous staff, and even looked unfit post lockdown when he was playing. The stoke press conference gave the game away when he said the lads knew they were in a relegation battle now... well why on earth didn't they know it before? It clearly hadn't been drilled into them because from the off and up until last night Wazza has maintained 100% this club won't go down. He's an embarrassment and doesn't give a damn about this club, it was supposed to be just a rung on the ladder of his ridiculous managerial ambitions until now when it looks like he's closer to managing Scunthorpe United as opposed to Man Utd. 

Scunthorpe.....can’t see him taking a step up after he is sacked by us ?

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I would try and tempt Wilder with a massive new project, highly unlikely I know...but it took someone with the ability of Arthur to turn things around before....big, big job this for anyone...

As much as I’m not keen on him this would have been a perfect job for Warnock (if he was 5 years younger)

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

So experienced but not Paul Cook? ?

We don’t know how Paul Cook would have done, we can only judge the Manager who was given the job and has to take responsibility for the dire situation we find ourselves in (oh hold on a minute, you don’t think your hero should be the one who takes responsibility for performances and results do you ??). Your posts do bring a smile to my face during these dire times RoyMac5, keep it up ?

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Scunthorpe.....can’t see him taking a step up after he is sacked by us ?

You may jest Jimbo but I think quite a lot of our players should be reminded they’ll be on a downward spiral should the worst happen.

Just look at their working conditions, they won’t be getting the facilities on offer here if they are sent packing elsewhere. Personally I hope some of them do have to slum it elsewhere, they might ask themselves what might have been if they’d put in that extra bit of effort.

For these final 3 games it can only be someone already connected to the club. Considering Wassall and Mac already have experience, it would have to be one of them.

In the summer, Evatt would be top of my list of targets. Knows the lower leagues, picked up a lot of experience over the past few years, can work on a budget, plays exceptional football... He ticks a lot of boxes.

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

For these final 3 games it can only be someone already connected to the club. Considering Wassall and Mac already have experience, it would have to be one of them.

In the summer, Evatt would be top of my list of targets. Knows the lower leagues, picked up a lot of experience over the past few years, can work on a budget, plays exceptional football... He ticks a lot of boxes.

Yeah evatt is showing a lot of promise. That said there’s something about hiring former players as manager that fills me with dread!

15 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We don’t know how Paul Cook would have done, we can only judge the Manager who was given the job and has to take responsibility for the dire situation we find ourselves in...

Who says Rooney isn't taking responsibility? 

2 hours ago, Patrick Rams said:

Why did you have to sit through his QPR and Northampton sides?

Because he managed them...and quite poorly too. The M-I-L is a Northampton season ticket holder and it was a mess.

There is no denying he has a strong record at Burton, but may be a case of where someone is just at home at a club.

20 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

You may jest Jimbo but I think quite a lot of our players should be reminded they’ll be on a downward spiral should the worst happen.

Just look at their working conditions, they won’t be getting the facilities on offer here if they are sent packing elsewhere. Personally I hope some of them do have to slum it elsewhere, they might ask themselves what might have been if they’d put in that extra bit of effort.

I can only wish John Becks Cambridge United on them all.  Used to work with the sister of someone who played there.  Used to blast the players with ice water through a hose during training and make them brush the grass on the ground to help the ball stick for hoofing.

They deserve all the above but probably make them do it in just their pants as well.

50 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who says Rooney isn't taking responsibility? 

We haven’t discussed who is taking responsibility rather who should take responsibility. Can you just clarify again who you think should take responsibility for performances on the pitch and for results....just so it is clear....

I can't understand why people want to defend these players? They are cowards, stealing a leaving whilst they let the club rot.

They threw Cocu under the bus and now they're doing it to Rooney. It's a disgrace.

It's not all Rooney's fault, yes he takes part of the responsibility, but I don't even think Arsene Wenger could get this lot playing.

There are bigger problems at the football club than the manager.