Rooney Out!

Birdyabroad

10 minutes ago, Diego said:

Don’t know how true. Throwing it out there. 

FD1E1675-FF08-4F4C-A1CD-E28F8B613609.png

If it’s fake, I apologise! 

I’m pretending it’s true, makes me feel better! 

1 minute ago, ramsbottom said:

Simple rule in life, if it's on Twitter and isn't from the BBC, Sky Sports or Percy, it's complete bull****

True. But BBC and SKY said Rooney would be a good manager, so....

2 minutes ago, Diego said:

I’ve got it in my head Alex Neil will be our manager. No idea why.

I suppose he covers the remit of both L1 and Championship. Free agent too.

I would try and tempt Wilder with a massive new project, highly unlikely I know...but it took someone with the ability of Arthur to turn things around before....big, big job this for anyone...

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

I would try and tempt Wilder with a massive new project, highly unlikely I know...but it took someone with the ability of Arthur to turn things around before....big, big job this for anyone...

"Chris, look, I know you did exceptionally well in your first season in the Prem and weren't backed to keep Sheff Utd up, but how about your drop two divisions and we'll give you half a bag of peanuts in lieu of salary and the other half of the bag can be spent on keeping the team in League One" 

In reply to macca taking the reins for the last 3 games, good shout because if I'm right when he sat in the stands prior to taking one of his jobs with us, wasn't we 3 0 down at half time against Ipswich I think and he entered the dressing room, gave the players the hairdryer treatment and we came back and drew 3 3 correct me if I'm wrong 

23 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

I'm just numb. I'm like the little Scottish bloke in The Great Escape who loses all hope and gets machine gunned on the barbed wire fence. It's the hope that kills you.

? It's just a flesh wound. #COYR

3 minutes ago, Bororam 57 said:

In reply to macca taking the reins for the last 3 games, good shout because if I'm right when he sat in the stands prior to taking one of his jobs with us, wasn't we 3 0 down at half time against Ipswich I think and he entered the dressing room, gave the players the hairdryer treatment and we came back and drew 3 3 correct me if I'm wrong 

Don't even vaguely compare the quality of those players with this squad, it's not possible. Why on earth would Mac want to get the blame if we get relegated?

51 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Hasn't he gone yet???

As stated previously I was on the fence about him, hoping he'd find the right combination to steer us clear and set us up for next season, but last night that performance tipped the scales.  Both Preston & Blackburn were sides in mediocre to terrible form, cruising til the end of the season with naff all to play for, and we rolled over like an eager puppy wanting a treat, and a "Good boy!" pat on the head.

Wasn't particularly impressed with his comments on the Super League either.  That was a response from someone not wanting to annoy prospective employers.  I say what I like about Fwank, but at least he was smart enough to realise he wouldn't be going onto bigger and better things until he did a decent job with his current team.

If Mel wants to go out with a reputation of a man who did his best to please the fans, he'd have the corner flag making a statement by midday...

There comes a point when 99% of the fan base wants a manager out. We waited until that point before parting ways with Cocu. I'd be amazed if we aren't at that point with Rooney.

19 minutes ago, Diego said:

I’ve got it in my head Alex Neil will be our manager. No idea why.

I suppose he covers the remit of both L1 and Championship. Free agent too.

I wouldn't be against that. Alex Neil is a good manager. He got given very little at Preston, kept them consistently finishing midtable, and got sacked for it. Not quite sure what they were expecting ?‍♂️

20 minutes ago, Diego said:

Don’t know how true. Throwing it out there. 

FD1E1675-FF08-4F4C-A1CD-E28F8B613609.png

This is from the metro sports writer.

He states on his twitter, that opinions are his.

Hes picked a rumour and raised the stakes by making it seem like a fact.

Its not a fact until a more reliable source reports it.

If there's any fact in it, its that Rooney should be sacked for his poor performances for this season, however until the new owners are confirmed in place i can't see that happening.

Rooney is reporting Derby should be worried but that the only good outcome for the club is now based solely on Rotherham results going against them since if that happens Derby can stay up.

That however doesn't negate that many fans have lost confidence in Rooney management ability, so that even if Derby stayed up, I would still sack him.

Rooney doesn't have the ability to turn the club around, rebuild the team and challenge for promotion next season, which the new owners are likely to want.

Rooney in my opinion doesn't have the ability to lead the club to a promotion from league one if the clubs demoted.

There are still good managers who would want a chance to manage Derby even if the teams in league one. Premier league standard stadium, great training facilities, large fan base and if under new ownership, the money to buy a decent team

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

There comes a point when 99% of the fan base wants a manager out. We waited until that point before parting ways with Cocu. I'd be amazed if we aren't at that point with Rooney.

I think if the sale goes ahead soon (!) it could easily be used as a parting of the ways excuse.

12 minutes ago, Taribo said:

"Chris, look, I know you did exceptionally well in your first season in the Prem and weren't backed to keep Sheff Utd up, but how about your drop two divisions and we'll give you half a bag of peanuts in lieu of salary and the other half of the bag can be spent on keeping the team in League One" 

You might have said the same when we poached Arthur from the Toon, but as I said, very unlikely...we can but dream after the nightmare we have all gone through.

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think under any normal circumstance he'd be gone (to be honest I think there would have been a fair chance he'd have gone sooner) but right now there are a lot of conflicting factors.

The club has felt a little headless all season; Cocu resigned and so did his close staff, the remaining coaches picked up joint responsibility, Rooney decided he was going to be in charge, all the noise about this or that takeover, players not getting payed  and Rooney getting what seems to be an extraordinary amount of leeway in terms of results. These and a few other factors all paint a picture of a club without real leadership and perhaps one that isn't going to be particularly decisive.

Then if you throw the financial implication of sacking Rooney and hiring a new coach at a time we seem to be majorly reticient to spend and our enamour as a club of a "big name" being at the club there's more than a few factors that might keep Rooney in a job unless he walks. 

Although it’s not a big squad I believe this is a squad good enough to stay up  with an experienced manager this team stays up under Cocu I think we’d of been comfortable, with the likes off Shinnie Byrne Marshall Lawrence Jozwaik Clarke wisdom Fozzy there’s  good enough players to off got us to safety 

We've had two managers in a row who are used to dealing with more technically proficient players. 

Their tactics don't work when you have players who can't keep the ball under pressure or even under control. 

We blew all our money on one player. That's like picking a twelve year old in a poor under nines team and hoping he can single-handedly transform their fortunes. 

I think we need a Division 1 manager. Someone who can blend a team of players who can do the basics. 

I feel sorry for our young players. There is such a massive step up from U23 level to championship football and they are struggling. 

They are not helped by the uninspiring journeymen alongside them. 

If we survive the drop financially, there's a massive opportunity for a new manager to build a team in his image and have a promotion year. 

I'm afraid there would be very few of the current blend in such a side. 

4 minutes ago, Topram said:

Although it’s not a big squad I believe this is a squad good enough to stay up  with an experienced manager this team stays up under Cocu I think we’d of been comfortable, with the likes off Shinnie Byrne Marshall Lawrence Jozwaik Clarke wisdom Fozzy there’s  good enough players to off got us to safety 

Largely agree. When people say we've got a poor squad they're right, but only in comparison to our own squads of previous seasons. Compared to other squads in the Championship this season it's no way as poor as others. Wycombe, Rotherham and Coventry aren't better, and the likes of Luton, Preston, Huddersfield and Birmingham are no great shakes either. No way is our squad in the bottom three in terms of quality.

31 minutes ago, Oldben said:

This is from the metro sports writer.

He states on his twitter, that opinions are his.

Hes picked a rumour and raised the stakes by making it seem like a fact.

Its not a fact until a more reliable source reports it.

If there's any fact in it, its that Rooney should be sacked for his poor performances for this season, however until the new owners are confirmed in place i can't see that happening.

Rooney is reporting Derby should be worried but that the only good outcome for the club is now based solely on Rotherham results going against them since if that happens Derby can stay up.

That however doesn't negate that many fans have lost confidence in Rooney management ability, so that even if Derby stayed up, I would still sack him.

Rooney doesn't have the ability to turn the club around, rebuild the team and challenge for promotion next season, which the new owners are likely to want.

Rooney in my opinion doesn't have the ability to lead the club to a promotion from league one if the clubs demoted.

There are still good managers who would want a chance to manage Derby even if the teams in league one. Premier league standard stadium, great training facilities, large fan base and if under new ownership, the money to buy a decent team

There's a follow up on his twitter feed, to the effect that he "understands the board are disappointed with the run of results", but careful to point out that there is "no official statement from the club yet..." 

That's just about covered all the bases......