Rooney Out!

Birdyabroad

Just now, Birdyabroad said:

Hmm, when I learned the game, I’m sure I read somewhere that if you scored more than the opposition then you won the game.

However, in your amazing understanding of the game, however many shots you have on target seems to count for something. Are you a ‘we had more corners than them’ kind of guy also?

Is that why you call yourself Unlucky, cos you come out on the wrong side of an argument?

More rubbish, This will be my last post on this silly thread.

I'd sooner listen to Homer Simpson talk about the game, He's a fat American cartoon character who calls football soccer?️

9 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Bit like a baby throwing their toys out of the pram ? Yes, we are all frustrated and fed up but just calm down. We haven’t got the money to sack him even if we wanted to. Let’s get through the season, stay in the Championship hopefully and then will be the time to evaluate and decide where we go from here ?

Did seem to suggest in my post that he needs to ‘sort it out or get gone’.

So wasn’t necessarily advocating that he get sacked.

Maybe, just maybe, if he can’t get the attacking balance right he holds up his hands and admits the job is to big for him, leaves by mutual consent?

He has many qualities Wayne, one of which seems to be a bit of integrity, maybe he is the kind of guy he says he’s come too far too fast??

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

More rubbish, This will be my last post on this silly thread.

I'd sooner listen to Homer Simpson talk about the game, He's a fat American cartoon character who calls football soccer?️

See you later Unlucky ? 

The problems with Rooney's teams from what i can tell so far is that they are chronically disjointed tactically and positionally. Either we're far too defensive in which case we can go 4-5 games without really creating a chance or we're far too attacking leaving us horribly short at the back. We completely got away with it against Luton who could have scored 3 in the first half alone. This is something he needs to fix next season if he's going to remain our manager as atm he has not found the right balance in the team. I actually do think we have the players for the right balance but he's not utilising them correctly. 

35 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

No, this is NOT a joke thread.

I’ve been a Rooney man, but I’m sick of negative team selections.

If he is so blind to see that a midfield 3 of Shinnie/Bird and Knight does not work, then he needs to get gone.

We lost the game today when the team was announced.

Surely we MUST start the game with at LEAST 4 attacking players. Against Luton we started with 4 attackers and won comfortably. Before anyone points out that Wag/Gregory were out, start with Joswiak today instead of Knight and that’s a better attacking balance.

Some may also point out that Clarke wasn’t playing and we needed to load midfield, but it’s too negative an argument - We need more attack minded players to keep the ball at their end of the pitch, away from our defence.

It’s just so boring and predictable that we set up to defend, go a goal down, then have to throw on attacking players to try and rescue a point, I didn’t even bother to watch the 2nd half today and I don’t think I’ve ever purposely done that.

No, it’s not good enough Wayne. You did a good job taking us out of danger but, given that other results went against us today, you’re anti-football is taking us the wrong way again.

We’re now back in the running as serious relegation contenders.

So sort it out fast or get gone and let’s get a manager with a bit of attacking chops, like Chris Wilder, his hell-for-leather approach may have been found out in the Prem, but let’s try and get there first and we’ll worry about that later.

We are playing a quality team and we don't have many options anyway. We can't just go for it without any control of the match. Cocu has tried, Rooney is trying....squad not good enough. 

24 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

Don’t seem to remember saying that I could do the job? I actually suggested that another type of manager, say a Chris Wilder might be more effective. But don’t let facts get in your way.

Wilder , a manager without a plan b , seriously found out this season , no thank you

I don't know how many times I have to say this. Rooney doesn't have any genuine quality to pick from. A lot of his team selections are forced. The recent injuries obviously haven't helped. We're just going to have to put up with it until there is investment in the playing squad.

We're in a needs must and just somehow get to the end of the season above the bottom three situation.

I don't care or expect exciting football between now and the end of the season. It's been a dreadful season. Only thing that matters between now and then is getting enough on the board to stay up.

I don't thinking junking mr potato head between now and then would fix anything. I don't think anyone who came in would be able to do anything that much different or more successful anyway.

IF and it is still a big IF we have a stronger squad next season and still persist in being so negetvie I think it'll be a more worthwhile discussion.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

We're in a needs must and just somehow get to the end of the season above the bottom three situation.

I don't care or expect exciting football between now and the end of the season. It's been a dreadful season. Only thing that matters between now and then is getting enough on the board to stay up.

I don't thinking junking mr potato head between now and then would fix anything. I don't think anyone who came in would be able to do anything that much different or more successful anyway.

IF and it is still a big IF we have a stronger squad next season and still persist in being so negetvie I think it'll be a more worthwhile discussion.

Finally a sensible post

54 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

No, this is NOT a joke thread.

I’ve been a Rooney man, but I’m sick of negative team selections.

If he is so blind to see that a midfield 3 of Shinnie/Bird and Knight does not work, then he needs to get gone.

We lost the game today when the team was announced.

Surely we MUST start the game with at LEAST 4 attacking players. Against Luton we started with 4 attackers and won comfortably. Before anyone points out that Wag/Gregory were out, start with Joswiak today instead of Knight and that’s a better attacking balance.

Some may also point out that Clarke wasn’t playing and we needed to load midfield, but it’s too negative an argument - We need more attack minded players to keep the ball at their end of the pitch, away from our defence.

It’s just so boring and predictable that we set up to defend, go a goal down, then have to throw on attacking players to try and rescue a point, I didn’t even bother to watch the 2nd half today and I don’t think I’ve ever purposely done that.

No, it’s not good enough Wayne. You did a good job taking us out of danger but, given that other results went against us today, you’re anti-football is taking us the wrong way again.

We’re now back in the running as serious relegation contenders.

So sort it out fast or get gone and let’s get a manager with a bit of attacking chops, like Chris Wilder, his hell-for-leather approach may have been found out in the Prem, but let’s try and get there first and we’ll worry about that later.

I do like the double bluff by opening with this is not a joke thread and then starting a joke thread.

17 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

We are playing a quality team and we don't have many options anyway. We can't just go for it without any control of the match. Cocu has tried, Rooney is trying....squad not good enough. 

The spotlight must fall a little on Rooney for this as well.

He was given the go-ahead to bring in five loans.

Admittedly we don’t know what happens behind the scenes but, let’s assume that most of these were his choice, only Gregory seems to have panned out.

The jury is still out on an injured Edmundson, so we’ll discount him.

Thats a 1 in 4 hit rate on the loans so far this season.

I go back to my original post, in terms of tactics and getting the best out of some of his own chosen players, he must do better.

10 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I don't know how many times I have to say this. Rooney doesn't have any genuine quality to pick from. A lot of his team selections are forced. The recent injuries obviously haven't helped. We're just going to have to put up with it until there is investment in the playing squad.

Completely disagree, there is far more quality in the squad than is being shown currently. Maybe we as fans need to up our expectations too as many are tolerating these unacceptable performances!