1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What does that mean 🤣🤣🤣

Maybe I should have drawn a picture for you, What Wilder did is consigned to history, Why did he get the sack?, He spent over £50m to get them to the bottom of the Premier League,

I always find it strange when posters feel they need to laugh at their own postings.

7 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Maybe I should have drawn a picture for you, What Wilder did is consigned to history, Why did he get the sack?, He spent over £50m to get them to the bottom of the Premier League,

I always find it strange when posters feel they need to laugh at their own postings.

I find it strange that some posters post such utter garbage, what has Rooney achieved in comparison? For many Wilder was manager of the season in that first season, totally over achieved. Did an incredible job and no doubt will get a bigger job than Derby when he decides to return. Have you been on the beers 🙄

Edited by Jimbo Ram
7 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Am sure Wilder didn't get the sack at all, he left by mutual consent.

If you read the stories he asked to get sacked knowing he would get a much larger pay off but the chairman didn't want to do that. 

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

I find it hard that some posters post such utter garbage, what has Rooney achieved in comparison? For many Wilder was manager of the season in that first season, totally over achieved. Did an incredible job and no doubt will get a bigger job than Derby when he decides to return. Have you been on the beers 🙄

Bearing in mind WR has only been in Management a few months so to use "comparison" as a guage is a little foolish, " For many Wilder was manager of the season in that first season" And, No doubt for many he wasn't another foolish comment, As for the beers...I don't drink.

10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Am sure Wilder didn't get the sack at all, he left by mutual consent.

If you read the stories he asked to get sacked knowing he would get a much larger pay off but the chairman didn't want to do that. 

Depends which story you believe

https://talksport.com/football/853825/sheffield-united-players-chris-wilder-sacking-twitter-chaos-david-mcgoldrick/

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/sheffield-united/chris-wilder-sacked-next-manager-b1816320.html

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Really? That sounds a bit low.

Which bit?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12255769/sheffield-united-owner-prince-abdullah-chris-wilder-resigned-twice-wanted-4m-pay-off

Sheffield United owner Prince Abdullah: Chris Wilder 'resigned' twice, wanted £4m pay-off

Prince Abdullah: "Chris explained why he wanted to resign. He said that he felt the team needed a change, a new voice. We were very clear and said we don't want to fire you but if you want to resign, you can, but we will not pay you the same money as if we were firing you."

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Which bit?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12255769/sheffield-united-owner-prince-abdullah-chris-wilder-resigned-twice-wanted-4m-pay-off

Sheffield United owner Prince Abdullah: Chris Wilder 'resigned' twice, wanted £4m pay-off

Prince Abdullah: "Chris explained why he wanted to resign. He said that he felt the team needed a change, a new voice. We were very clear and said we don't want to fire you but if you want to resign, you can, but we will not pay you the same money as if we were firing you."

You implied he was resigning for the money.

10 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Bearing in mind WR has only been in Management a few months so to use "comparison" as a guage is a little foolish, " For many Wilder was manager of the season in that first season" And, No doubt for many he wasn't another foolish comment, As for the beers...I don't drink.

I suggest you review his record as a Manager and save yourself further embarrassment....also won promotion with Oxford and as Champions with Northampton, all before the successive promotions with Sheff Utd and that excellent first season....

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I suggest you review his record as a Manager and save yourself further embarrassment....also won promotion with Oxford and as Champions with Northampton, all before the successive promotions with Sheff Utd and that excellent first season....

I don't think you understand the word History...So here it is, It's not in joined up writing so you may be able to read it.

History meaning

"the whole series of past events connected with a particular person or thing"

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I don't think you understand the word History...So here it is, It's not in joined up writing so you may be able to read it.

History meaning

"the whole series of past events connected with a particular person or thing"

What do you judge a manager on you numptie, his previous track record...as for History I have a degree in it, have you? 

Interesting debate.  I was never a fan of Rooney getting the job.  Partly because I thought his attitude as a player was poor and partly because I felt we needed an older head to get us through the season.  He won me over with his purple patch that pulled us clear.  This coincided with a fit Bielik.  This was a luxury Cocu never had and I think if he’d have stayed our position may not be that much different.

Rooney has been hampered by the takeover talk, transfer embargo’s, etc so that cuts him a bit of slack.  If we stay up then Rooney deserves to start next season in charge.

The Wilder debate is interesting.  His time at Sheffield Utd reminds me of another ex-Rams manager - George Burley.  They both got promoted the the PL and, arguably, both over achieved in their first season and Ipswich qualified for Europe.  The second season went a bit pear shaped.  In Burleys case Ipswich just didn’t have the squad to compete in Europe and the PL.  In Wilders, I think Sheffield Utd have really struggled without fans.  Their form dipped last year after the restart and they never got going this year.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What do you judge a manager on you numptie, his previous track record...as for History I have a degree in it, have you? 

It looks like i've won, Your now using a derogatory term to show your lack of ability to discuss a subject in which you know very little.

I'll now step aside for you to gloat on your fine achievment of getting a degree in history...Edith Swanneck who was she...PS this is how you spell Google.

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or he's reached the limit of his talent. Gotta look at the players he's signed and the way they've competed. Not for me.

Fair point.  My caveat would be he’s trying to sign players from the championship or premier league reserves that he thinks can make it due to his budget.  Tough challenge in the PL but there’s lots of Championship clubs that would snap him up.  Perhaps he’s the modem day Warnock, McCarthy, etc......

24 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

It looks like i've won, Your now using a derogatory term to show your lack of ability to discuss a subject in which you know very little.

I'll now step aside for you to gloat on your fine achievment of getting a degree in history...Edith Swanneck who was she...PS this is how you spell Google.

What subject do I know very little about, you have a very strange writing style, very odd. You seem to write in riddles and seem a bit confused. What have you won exactly? I think Wilder’s managerial record speaks for itself, 4 promotions already.  Let’s hope Wayne can come somewhere close to those achievements eh? As for Google, what’s that all about?? I find your comments odd more than anything??

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

On Wilder, my mate is a Blade and is absolutely gutted that he's left. I don't believe he's alone.

He puts the poor form this season down to injuries to the key central defenders. Along with second season syndrome.

I can’t believe some Rams fans think he wouldn’t be good enough for us. His track record is excellent, 4 promotions, 45% plus win rate with all his clubs, plays the game the right way, attractive football and communicates well.....what is there not to like???