How many points from the last 7 games

superzak

6 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Whose going to be paying for these new players? And if they're loans I Rooney's recent record in the loan market in January doesn't stand upto much. 

Do you see any evidence that we'll be one of those teams who struggle one year and then do remarkably better the next? As I don't, maybe I need to try on your rose tinted glasses for a while.

The Americans are currently waiting to see us secure Championship staus before committing. I personally think 4 points will be enough to secure safety. We might have to wait longer with some teams below us with games in hand, but once secured I think the yanks will do the takeover and then we will have to see on what monies are available to improve the squad. The difference could be balanced on what business we can do in the summer and if we have new investment, that could put us in a better position than other championship sides (barring of course the ones with parachute payments).

5 hours ago, S8TY said:

This is where we differ, yes you're right we haven't backed up results enough or we would'nt be in this situation but the same could be said for all of the teams below us.Predictions will be wide ranging because we are a bit un-predictable but...this is where we differ quite often. We can beat anyone and belief and confidence can be crucial so i tend to beleive we can do it whereas you say we won't.

I am optimistic based on the fact we are not bad defensively and Lawrence especially will make a difference for us going forward which for me is where we've lacked most this season, going forward.

Brum went to Swansea and won but all of the teams below us will have to improve form wise to overtake us so therefore I think we'll do enough.

You comment on the negative side saying we have had a bad run but what about the positive side where we were on play off form, that can't be dismissed either and I can't remember any of the teams below us being on a play off form run like we had so we can do it.....keep positive we will get enough

Well, 28 out of 39 league games this season, we haven’t won. That’s 72% of the time. So perhaps you can understand why I tend to believe we won’t win many games?

6 wins in 8 is as good as 1 win in 8 is bad. One run was in January and February, the other was in April. The bad run is more recent and more consistent with the overall performance across the season, so obviously these predictions are based on that, rather than one rare performance v Luton and a run that is almost two months ago and pretty much ancient history.

You keep going back to the optimist v pessimist angle. Most of my views tend to be grounded in fact and logic, and the fact is that time and time again Derby County find a way to implode.

All I will say to that is if you see positive signs and you see sustainable signs, it’s very easy to be optimistic. The last time we had that was with McClaren.

You have taken a prediction and assumed I am being negative and assumed I am tipping us to go down.

Look at who those four points come against. Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday. Taking four points off our relegation rivals might be all that is required.

The only thing you can fairly claim I am being negative about is tipping us to struggle next season.

Everything else is backed up by what this team has produced for the majority of the season.