Reading L

Norwich L

Blackburn L

Preston L

Birmingham D

Swansea L

Sheff Wed W

4 points

I think we could get something tomorrow. I'm confident we'll beat Blackburn. We'll get something at Preston. Not sure about the Birmingham game to be honest. By then we should be safe anyway

13 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I think we could get something tomorrow. I'm confident we'll beat Blackburn. We'll get something at Preston. Not sure about the Birmingham game to be honest. By then we should be safe anyway

That’s the beauty of football. Anything could happen.

Friday’s win was very welcome, and if we can get a result tomorrow, it might see us kick on and get more positive results.

Let’s hope so.

27 minutes ago, S8TY said:

haha ever the optimist as usual Jourdan 

Bear in mind, we only got 5 points in our last 7 games.

Also bear in mind that we have got 4 away games in our final 7 games. We have lost six of our nine away games since the turn of the year, including three of our last four.

Friday’s win was huge but does that mean our form is suddenly going to turn on its head?

We’ll see, but I think my predictions are reflective of current form and the tough nature of the run in.

10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

This is all just a case of arranging deckchairs on the Titanic.

Even if we do stay up then next season again is just going to be an almighty struggle with Rooney and a further decimated threadbare squad of players.

You have wrote off next seasons squad already without even knowing who is in it ? You do realise Rooney will be bringing players in during the summer regardless of a takeover so why will it be a threadbare squad? Or do you think we will have a squad of about 17 players?

I dont get why people automatically think we will struggle next year too? Plenty of teams have had a poor season one season then done well the following year. Even last year Barnsley finished 21st, Boro 17th & Reading 14th and they're all in the playoff mix. Brighton finished 20th one season then came 3rd the following year, Fulham 20th to 6th the following season and in those same 2 seasons Huddersfield went from 19th to 5th and won promotion. Some teams go from League 1 one season to fighting for playoffs in the Champ the following year so how anyone can write off next season already is ridiculous.

10 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

You have wrote off next seasons squad already without even knowing who is in it ? You do realise Rooney will be bringing players in during the summer regardless of a takeover so why will it be a threadbare squad? Or do you think we will have a squad of about 17 players?

I dont get why people automatically think we will struggle next year too? Plenty of teams have had a poor season one season then done well the following year. Even last year Barnsley finished 21st, Boro 17th & Reading 14th and they're all in the playoff mix. Brighton finished 20th one season then came 3rd the following year, Fulham 20th to 6th the following season and in those same 2 seasons Huddersfield went from 19th to 5th and won promotion. Some teams go from League 1 one season to fighting for playoffs in the Champ the following year so how anyone can write off next season already is ridiculous.

Whose going to be paying for these new players? And if they're loans I Rooney's recent record in the loan market in January doesn't stand upto much. 

Do you see any evidence that we'll be one of those teams who struggle one year and then do remarkably better the next? As I don't, maybe I need to try on your rose tinted glasses for a while.

30 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Whose going to be paying for these new players? And if they're loans I Rooney's recent record in the loan market in January doesn't stand upto much. 

Do you see any evidence that we'll be one of those teams who struggle one year and then do remarkably better the next? As I don't, maybe I need to try on your rose tinted glasses for a while.

Do you think the fans of the teams i mentioned saw evidence they would be up there the next year? What I have seen is the players buy into what Rooney wants/expects during a very difficult situation, both Rooney & the players being adaptable in terms of style & formations which is all good experience. Yeah it doesnt work sometimes but others it has, hence the run of 5 wins in 6 or whatever it was.

Whoever the owner is will pay for the new players just like Mel did in Jan. We dont have to spend big money to build a competive team, just look at the team McClaren got to the playoff final, built on a budget by Clough as well as some loans. Can easily bring 6 or 7 decent players in on a free and/or on loan. 

It doesnt require rose tinted glasses to let the team have a clean slate at the start of a brand new season, it does however take some poo stained glasses to write them off already before the current season has even ended.

28 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

unimpressed spongebob squarepants GIF

Why are people going on about next season when the question asked is how many points people think we’ll get from the last 7 games of this season ? 

Let’s see where we end up at the end of the season before we speculate on next season. In any case I’m sure there’s thread for summer transfer speculation.

I can’t see the point of commenting on next season in a thread about this season when we don’t know for sure what league we’re going to be playing in, who’s going to own us or who’s coming in and going out. ?‍♂️

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Do you think the fans of the teams i mentioned saw evidence they would be up there the next year? What I have seen is the players buy into what Rooney wants/expects during a very difficult situation, both Rooney & the players being adaptable in terms of style & formations which is all good experience. Yeah it doesnt work sometimes but others it has, hence the run of 5 wins in 6 or whatever it was.

Whoever the owner is will pay for the new players just like Mel did in Jan. We dont have to spend big money to build a competive team, just look at the team McClaren got to the playoff final, built on a budget by Clough as well as some loans. Can easily bring 6 or 7 decent players in on a free and/or on loan. 

It doesnt require rose tinted glasses to let the team have a clean slate at the start of a brand new season, it does however take some poo stained glasses to write them off already before the current season has even ended.

So your forecast isn't based on anything tangible just well it could be us as it happened to yada yada team. 

We haven't even sorted a takeover yet and you're going away with the new players will be paid for by the new owners without even knowing whether it will be Morris at the helm again who is obviously reticent to spend no more than dollar one.

And Rooneys learning as a manager will have to grow at an exponential rate if we're not going to be served up with same drab turgid fare as this season. 

But yer I'm being negative as always.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

So your forecast isn't based on anything tangible just well it could be us as it happened to yada yada team. 

We haven't even sorted a takeover yet and you're going away with the new players will be paid for by the new owners without even knowing whether it will be Morris at the helm again who is obviously reticent to spend no more than dollar one.

And Rooneys learning as a manager will have to grow at an exponential rate if we're not going to be served up with same drab turgid fare as this season. 

But yer I'm being negative as always.

At least you got something right. 

My thoughts are that we dont even know how our squad will look next season yet so how can you write it off already. If you think we wont bring anyone in except loans then you're deluded. 

If we are so bad now and will be again next season then why do you even bother being a fan of Derby County? Because for sure you're no 'supporter' with the negativity you constantly spout.

5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

If we are so bad now and will be again next season then why do you even bother being a fan of Derby County? Because for sure you're no 'supporter' with the negativity you constantly spout.

What utter sanctimonious twaddle 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

What utter sanctimonious twaddle 

Well every comment is negative, ive never seen you support the team on here, you have already wrote them off next year without knowing who is even in the squad, what part of supporting them is that?

2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Bear in mind, we only got 5 points in our last 7 games.

Also bear in mind that we have got 4 away games in our final 7 games. We have lost six of our nine away games since the turn of the year, including three of our last four.

Friday’s win was huge but does that mean our form is suddenly going to turn on its head?

We’ll see, but I think my predictions are reflective of current form and the tough nature of the run in.

yes we got only 5 points from 7 but with Tom Lawrence back and Sibley looking dangerous i fancy us to do enough in the final games

I do not think it will even come down to the final game and  think we're capable of getting something at Reading

There are no real standout teams in this division for me Norwich will be tough but didn't we beat them earlier in season

19 minutes ago, S8TY said:

yes we got only 5 points from 7 but with Tom Lawrence back and Sibley looking dangerous i fancy us to do enough in the final games

I do not think it will even come down to the final game and  think we're capable of getting something at Reading

There are no real standout teams in this division for me Norwich will be tough but didn't we beat them earlier in season

I really like Sibley and Lawrence. They are our two most dangerous players.

But how often do they back up one good performance with several more? It’s been more common for them to have one good game followed by 4-5 poor ones, especially so this season.

Of course we are capable of getting a result against anyone, but going out and actually doing it is another matter.

I think it’s quite telling in this thread that the predictions are quite wide ranging. That tells you how unreliable we can be.

We could get 15 points or we could get 3. But I think current form supports the latter. A good result tomorrow and people might start to believe again.

30 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I really like Sibley and Lawrence. They are our two most dangerous players.

But how often do they back up one good performance with several more? It’s been more common for them to have one good game followed by 4-5 poor ones, especially so this season.

Of course we are capable of getting a result against anyone, but going out and actually doing it is another matter.

I think it’s quite telling in this thread that the predictions are quite wide ranging. That tells you how unreliable we can be.

We could get 15 points or we could get 3. But I think current form supports the latter. A good result tomorrow and people might start to believe again.

This is where we differ, yes you're right we haven't backed up results enough or we would'nt be in this situation but the same could be said for all of the teams below us.Predictions will be wide ranging because we are a bit un-predictable but...this is where we differ quite often. We can beat anyone and belief and confidence can be crucial so i tend to beleive we can do it whereas you say we won't.

I am optimistic based on the fact we are not bad defensively and Lawrence especially will make a difference for us going forward which for me is where we've lacked most this season, going forward.

Brum went to Swansea and won but all of the teams below us will have to improve form wise to overtake us so therefore I think we'll do enough.

You comment on the negative side saying we have had a bad run but what about the positive side where we were on play off form, that can't be dismissed either and I can't remember any of the teams below us being on a play off form run like we had so we can do it.....keep positive we will get enough

Archived