Our crown jewels

Jimbo Ram

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Think this season we've proved that isn't always the case - struggling more against teams in the bottom half of the table I.e. statistically the weaker ones.

I was referring to Poland not the Rams 

6 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Joswiak can’t get a regular game for us, just can’t see a prem team being interested or prepared to offer big money for him as things stand...

I was thinking a potential buyer would be an Italian or German club 

Agree basically entirely with the OP on this one. Sibley is the one I’d desperately want to keep - he’s already a class Championship player, and has the potential to be one of the best attacking midfielders at this level. If we want to raise some funds I’d look at cashing in on Knight. He’s probably reached his peak value whilst playing in the Championship, and I honestly don’t think he’s that great. He’s ok, but nothing more than an average player at this level. Managers will like his work rate though, so I reckon we could get £7.5m - £10m for him.

40 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Agree basically entirely with the OP on this one. Sibley is the one I’d desperately want to keep - he’s already a class Championship player, and has the potential to be one of the best attacking midfielders at this level. If we want to raise some funds I’d look at cashing in on Knight. He’s probably reached his peak value whilst playing in the Championship, and I honestly don’t think he’s that great. He’s ok, but nothing more than an average player at this level. Managers will like his work rate though, so I reckon we could get £7.5m - £10m for him.

Knights games based on work rate and I think he was our best player for the first 15 games, then started dropping as the seasons gone on For some ones who's been 20 for a couple of weeks and not had a full season yet he clearly busted his tank of roadrunner juice about 10 games ago.  He needed resting then but the manager hasn't seen it or thinks he has no better option.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him injured before the end of the season if he keeps him in. Wouldn't be keen to sell myself.

6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Jesus.. You really think anyone will pay 7.5m for a player who's peaked and is "OK but not great"? 

By that yardstick, what on earth are we going to end up with spending no more than a few hundred k on a player tops? 

Knight: 20 years old and full international so I'm excpecting a good offer for him this summer. And we will accept that, no doubt.  

Bird: I'd sell. I like him, he's a good player but I'd like to see the midfield trio of one defensive, one attacking runner and one Will Hughes. He doesn't have the legs to be a runner, physicality to be the defensive alone nor the skills to be the one knitting everything together higher up the pitch (eventhough that's the role which would be closest to his strenghts). I assume Wilson will soon be better option for that role. If we'll play with two defensive midfielders then we must keep him, he'll shine in such role.

Buchanan: Try to sell actively. We need money and we could get some out of him. We seem to produce good fullbacks so he can make room for the next one to be promoted. Also, I don't think there is huge difference in quality between him and Forsyth.

Sibley: Just build a team around him.

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Buchanan: Try to sell actively. We need money and we could get some out of him. We seem to produce good fullbacks so he can make room for the next one to be promoted. Also, I don't think there is huge difference in quality between him and Forsyth.

Really? ?

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

If we had to sell to reinvest in the team, it might be more useful to sell Bird. I’m thinking that we have Sibley and Louie Watson as the AM role Shinnie and Knight as the box to box and Bielik and another as the DM. I like Bird and on his day he can be a cracking asset. Trouble is I’m not sure we’d get as much as we would for selling Knight. 

regardless of who we sell I hope Rooney gets someone in that’s in the mould of Eustace. A low fee/free who is simple and effective. If we are going to sell we need to buy players who fit our game plan and not who are simply good players... and then play them out of position. 

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Knights games based on work rate and I think he was our best player for the first 15 games, then started dropping as the seasons gone on For some ones who's been 20 for a couple of weeks and not had a full season yet he clearly busted his tank of roadrunner juice about 10 games ago.  He needed resting then but the manager hasn't seen it or thinks he has no better option.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him injured before the end of the season if he keeps him in. Wouldn't be keen to sell myself.

Hear a lot of people say he was our best player at the start of the season, but I just didn’t see it. At no point has he influenced games enough from midfield imo, I think people are just now starting to see that, rather than Knight’s form having dipped. Do agree that he’s been overplayed though, there’s been plenty of times when he should have been rested and the manager has kept playing him, to the detriment of the team. We need to move on from players who’s main attribute is work rate but don’t have any quality, so I wouldn’t mind seeing Knight leave at all.

Archived