v Reading (a) Matchday Thread

Parsnip

I really can’t stand Derby County at the moment.

Hard to find the redeeming qualities of a team that’s completely abject of quality and owned by a man who can’t wait to get rid. We’re probably going to stay up, which is leaving us no worse off than any other season in the past 12, but we’ve absolutely no ambition to keep or sign any established footballers. The young players with ability will probably be used to keep us going for another year as we survive on loan signings and free agents whilst Mel tries to find a buyer waiting at the Heathrow’s arrivals lounge from Abu Dhabi. 

It’s so incredibly bleak. 

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back from work, in very bitter, blizzard, snowy, windy conditions, -2 temperatures clearing up lazy people's rubbish, bags of dog poo from shrubbery from lazy dog owners, and dug a grave and sailed down a busy carriageway at 50 miles an hour when the tipper in the back of the truck decided to be caught by the wind, and tip all by itself, almost scaring to death the young couple driving behind us, as we sailed all over the road, and thankfully we had nothing in the back of the truck..............good job we had dug a grave!

I then drove round the workshop at the end of the day looking for a charging point to plug the works electric van back into, to find a load of petrol cars parked in the bays for electric vehicles.

Absolutely frozen, so I've just defrosted myself in a hot bath, and I think I made the right decision to go to work today.

Hands up when we signed Rooney, who thought we would be in a relegation battle so soon?

Oh the joys of being a dcfc fan........can't wait to go back to work tomorrow in an uncharged electric van!

This is about limping over the line, zilch to be excited about with this team without recruitment, once upon a time I was excited about the academy graduates but we're playing them as regulars now expecting results and also have a bench full of them, bringing them off the bench to effect games... not to give minutes to when we've already won a game and looking comfortable. A big fall we've taken, wheels well and truly off. I just hope we do manage to stay up and something changes in the off-season because the future is concerning if we get relegated with an owner out of cash and out of love with the club and basically left to fielding even more of an academy team in a professional league. Could cripple these youngsters' developments going out getting turned over every week.

Frustrating today. Showed some good intent and especially first half, positive movement off the ball and options going forward. Their keeper has made quality saves today. We shoot ourselves in the foot with half hearted tacking, half hearted defending and poor decision making. Shame about our injuries which means our chances of staying up are diminishing. 

13 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Just back from work, in very bitter, blizzard, snowy, windy conditions, -2 temperatures clearing up lazy people's rubbish, bags of dog poo from shrubbery from lazy dog owners, and dug a grave and sailed down a busy carriageway at 50 miles an hour when the tipper in the back of the truck decided to be caught by the wind, and tip all by itself, almost scaring to death the young couple driving behind us, as we sailed all over the road, and thankfully we had nothing in the back of the truck..............good job we had dug a grave!

I then drove round the workshop at the end of the day looking for a charging point to plug the works electric van back into, to find a load of petrol cars parked in the bays for electric vehicles.

Absolutely frozen, so I've just defrosted myself in a hot bath, and I think I made the right decision to go to work today.

Hands up when we signed Rooney, who thought we would be in a relegation battle so soon?

Oh the joys of being a dcfc fan........can't wait to go back to work tomorrow in an uncharged electric van!

Could have been worse, I watched the match 

I’m not sure why we can’t build something with the youngsters.

In France, Nice have about 9 players aged 22 and under who have played plenty of games.

We have about 5.

we can’t seem to quite decide whether we are committed to playing ours or not, and if so where.

However I do think bringing an 18 year old to play in central defence is a big risk and we’d have been better off with Evans.

42 minutes ago, Jram said:

I really rate Bird, don’t understand the criticism of him 

He is / hopes to be a thoroughbred,we need shires (not show ponies)who can get stuck in and do the work.Said it for years you have to kick your way out of the championship.The academy boys just aren’t up for rough and tumble football.They won’t be next year either whichever league were in.

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I’m not sure why we can’t build something with the youngsters.

In France, Nice have about 9 players aged 22 and under who have played plenty of games.

We have about 5.

we can’t seem to quite decide whether we are committed to playing ours or not, and if so where.

However I do think bringing an 18 year old to play in central defence is a big risk and we’d have been better off with Evans.

perhaps we needed the fee to pay the wages

43 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think Buchanan at the top of his game, Sibley ditto Knight ditto and Bird ditto are all potentially good Championship players .

I am not in the least surprised that their form is in and out,  especially when we have to play so many of them in the same team and when, with the exceptions of Clarke and Byrne, our more experienced players have been very patchy in terms of form.

That to me, is more about the constant variations in the way the team is being set up. Just too many changes in formation to allow any young players to develop when they aren't even being used in a consistent position in a consistent side.

And you think that’s going to get better next season? We will potentially have   less experienced players with out of contract players, loans leaving and bugger all money to spend.

If they are going to see their supposed potential come through, it can’t see it being with Derby County unfortunately. I can only see next season being worse and their development stunted further, we are in a mess and it’s only going to get worse from what I can see.

Jeeeez no surprise to see the usual short sighted nonsense on here..... Look at the game itself..... Like actually how we played against a side in 6th..... 

Yes we are in a relegation scrap, yes we lost, but against Luton and today we actually had attacks, we had chances, we were able to build and beat players, another day we score in the first half and I think we hold on for a draw or win.

Birds shot goes in, thier 3rd isn't deflected and Marshall doesnt push the 2nd into the middle...

Yeah it's excuses but it's fine margins against a good side.... We are playing better, we need to get through this season and then rebuild.... 

Do I want us to be in League One? No, will I still support my team if they are? Absolutely.....

Fulham, Man City, Sheff Utd and more went down to L1 now look at them..... 

21 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Was random and dangerous to get rid of Evans... But I guess it was down to the wages needing to be paid.

Overall 3 points from this weekend isn’t bad and we would’ve taken it on Thursday. We’re closer to the finish line. The frustrating thing is it could’ve been more. We more than matched Reading. Lots of positives today but ultimately we’ve shot ourselves in the foot with a couple of bad mistakes and their keeper had a blinder. Keep the same intent minus the mistake and we’ll be ok.

The main concern is the injuries that are stacking up. Thankfully Waggy could only miss 1-2 games, Byrne should be back after Norwich. We desperately need the senior players. 

The next 3 games are tough as they all are but winnable. Norwich we’ve beaten already but the form they’re in and looking to get promotion done, realistically a point is the best we can hope for. Blackburn and Preston we have a great chance, two teams probably safe with nothing to play for. Preston’s home form is shocking. Issue with Blackburn is our recent record at Ewood is atrocious. If we can pick up 4 or 5 points from the next 3 games then we will be just about there and can probably relax slightly for the last 3 games. Anything less and that Brum game is going to be extremely tense.

Still think we will be ok. I would be a lot more concerned had Wednesday not had 6 points deducted.

7 minutes ago, SparxTheRam said:

Jeeeez no surprise to see the usual short sighted nonsense on here..... Look at the game itself..... Like actually how we played against a side in 6th..... 

Yes we are in a relegation scrap, yes we lost, but against Luton and today we actually had attacks, we had chances, we were able to build and beat players, another day we score in the first half and I think we hold on for a draw or win.

Birds shot goes in, thier 3rd isn't deflected and Marshall doesnt push the 2nd into the middle...

Yeah it's excuses but it's fine margins against a good side.... We are playing better, we need to get through this season and then rebuild.... 

Do I want us to be in League One? No, will I still support my team if they are? Absolutely.....

Fulham, Man City, Sheff Utd and more went down to L1 now look at them..... 

The entire post is ifs and buts here... the game could easily have ended up 5-1 to reading not 3 by the same logic. 3-1 based on the second half was a fair score- they looked so much more dangerous than us going forward and much more solid at the back. We didn't actually create that many chances during the game, we were largely restricted to shots from 20 yards out or more.  Structurally the team is unsound and has been for a long time, our performances since Wycombe have generally been poor and this has been reflected in the points total. We are limping across the finish line this season and praying that neither Rotherham or Sheffield Wednesday can cobble enough points together to reel us in.

Difficult game to judge. We created plenty of chances...we were desperately unlucky not to score with one of those 3 chances in 30 seconds first half & had we done, it would have dramatically changed the match. Instead they score out of nothing at the end of the half & we're playing catch up yet again. Thereafter, Stretton & Kazim just missed balls pinged across the 6 yard box, Bird's effort was superbly saved & a superb hit from Lawrence got us back into it briefly.

My overall feeling is that we should have left with a point. Clearly losing Clarke & not having Edmundson to call upon was always going to make us weaker at the back and Byrne's injury made things worse. As a team unit though, there was a serious lack of desire to defend & press them. There were countless weak attempts to stop crosses and shots & we looked very vulnerable at times. The 3rd goal summed it up...Kazim with a weak jump beaten easily in the air & the ball drops in between Bird & Mengi for their lad to finish.

From a line up point of view, Knight offered very little & Rooney really needs to stop playing him & Shinnie, particularly as they are barely protecting the back line let alone providing any quality. Sibley was seriously below par but dont know why Rooney persisted with him right wing when it was clear he wasn't getting any joy from Richards or the ref. A switch to the centre made more sense with Jozwiak out wide to make us dangerous.

Points against Norwich would make this a decent few days still but today was another poor day at the office overall.

Let us hope that Rovrum are on a losing streak because looks like we are young to need it. Wendies may be on a surge so just hoping that we will scrape it. Wendies 5-0 Cardiff. Result of the season. 18 attempts on goal. We are in trouble but who knows how much. We will be in more trouble come next Saturday that is for sure.

12 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Let us hope that Rovrum are on a losing streak because looks like we are young to need it. Wendies may be on a surge so just hoping that we will scrape it. Wendies 5-0 Cardiff. Result of the season. 18 attempts on goal. We are in trouble but who knows how much. We will be in more trouble come next Saturday that is for sure.

Rotherham will miss Wood after his red on Friday whose a big player for them at their bread and butter corners and free kicks.  There run in looks the best of everyone though, albeit they blew one opportunity today.

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Rotherham will miss Wood after his red on Friday whose a big player for them at their bread and butter corners and free kicks.  There run in looks the best of everyone though, albeit they blew one opportunity today.

Lots of games may lead to injuries but I thought that they would win today. The desire to win games is an increasing factor in this relegation fight.

Archived