v Reading (a) Matchday Thread

Parsnip

26 minutes ago, angieram said:

Don't you think Buchanan, Bird, Knight and Sibley will be better players when they have this season's experience under the belt? I do.

Yes, they almost certainly will.

How many will still be here though?

18 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Yeah guess so, could you tell me which of the four have done anything this season that makes you think they will? The only one close to being a decent and more importantly consistent performer is Buchanan . 

I think Buchanan at the top of his game, Sibley ditto Knight ditto and Bird ditto are all potentially good Championship players .

I am not in the least surprised that their form is in and out,  especially when we have to play so many of them in the same team and when, with the exceptions of Clarke and Byrne, our more experienced players have been very patchy in terms of form.

That to me, is more about the constant variations in the way the team is being set up. Just too many changes in formation to allow any young players to develop when they aren't even being used in a consistent position in a consistent side.

Our situation now just feels desperate. We seem to have a never ending run of bad luck with injuries and the latest wave of them is yet more cruel timing.

It just seems scripted that we drop into league one with a whimper. We just don't seem to have the quality or belief to arrest the current slide.

If the unthinkable happens it could spell the end of our aspirations for years and years to come. How many season ticket sales in league one in COVID times?

This season has been a disaster.

27 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Make a mess of their season? They're below us so havent they already done that. And I would say considering where we are now compared to when Rooney took over we have shown we are capable of getting out of this mess.

No. Not at the minute we’re not. Injuries are piling up too.

Edited by Mr. P

16 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'm more worried than I was, because of the injuries we are piling up. It's difficult to change things around as it is but with a number out for a week or two that's half our remaining fixtures.... 

Indeed we’ve had options to change things when we’ve made a mess of setting up the team. Now we won’t have that luxury.

Going to have to start getting those starting lineups right 

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

That to me, is more about the constant variations in the way the team is being set up. Just too many changes in formation to allow any young players to develop when they aren't even being used in a consistent position in a consistent side.

This 

and that’s why I would like to see managerial changes. 

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think Buchanan at the top of his game, Sibley ditto Knight ditto and Bird ditto are all potentially good Championship players .

I am not in the least surprised that their form is in and out,  especially when we have to play so many of them in the same team and when, with the exceptions of Clarke and Byrne, our more experienced players have been very patchy in terms of form.

People seem to be forgetting they are kids, they come in for as much criticism as the senior pros at times!

29 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

He will only be doing what some on here do every week

Isn't that the point of a fans forum? Sharing and challenging opinion with folk who support the same team. My point with WR is that he takes aim at someone every time we lose. Not saying some dont deserve it but should be kept inside the club to preserve confidence in the younger ones particularly. Use it as a learning tool rather than some form of public execution. Poor training session and you are dropped, named and shamed. Don't score a worldy every game you are dropped, named and shamed. Just my opinion. Thats all.

18 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'm more worried than I was, because of the injuries we are piling up. It's difficult to change things around as it is but with a number out for a week or two that's half our remaining fixtures.... 

Could we apply for special dispensation to the EFL to play our remaining games on a five a side basis. We would play 4 0 0 formation.