Derby v Luton Match Ratings, deadline noon Saturday

sage

2 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Marshall 8 - one fantastic save first half followed by another good one. Sound on crosses & good distribution throughout

Byrne 7 - got caught out positionally a few times but generally solid defensively. Linked up well with Sibley & involved in lot of our good build play first half.

Wisdom 5 - generally OK but struggled with Adebayo and some poor marking/weak cover at times

Clarke 6 - very ordinary by his standards. First half missed a couple of headers & slip at vital time in build up to Luton's best chance. Better second half & unlucky not to score/assist late on

Forsyth 7 - very solid defensively & in contrast to Byrne, good positionally & aerially. Unlike Byrne, didnt offer that much going forward

Sibley 8 MOM - excellent display particularly first half. Loads of movement, good touches, saw plenty of the ball & caused havoc down the right side early on. Sent over cross for Waghorn to set up first goal, couple of other snapshots & did a decent job helping Byrne out also

Bird 7 - quietly effective. Lots of vital interceptions & good press in key areas but also plenty of composure on the ball. Some good passing through the lines & drifted forward on occasion (would have scored from Clarke's great touch second half had their lad not hacked away)

Shinnie 7 - usual high energy display, harrying for possession, covering FBs & simple use of the ball. Good penalty & set pieces also

Lawrence 7 - should have got on the end of a couple of chances first half & quieter than Sibley. Second half got on the ball more bought the penalty & another good chance created from nothing shortly after.

Waghorn 8 - really good display. Worked well in tandem with Gregory esp for the goal but stayed central & kept Luton CBs busy. Worked incredibly hard too. Shame he had to come off 

Gregory 7 - good movement for easy finish and worked well with Waghorn switching from furthest man to slightly deeper.

Kazim 7 - usual quality touches to hold the ball up & excellent passes to release players into space. Lot of defensive work in final 3rd too

Thanks LCR. I did not see the game today but I will see it on RamsTV soon. I really appreciate your summaries.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Marshall 8 - one fantastic save first half followed by another good one. Sound on crosses & good distribution throughout

Byrne 7 - got caught out positionally a few times but generally solid defensively. Linked up well with Sibley & involved in lot of our good build play first half.

Wisdom 5 - generally OK but struggled with Adebayo and some poor marking/weak cover at times

Clarke 6 - very ordinary by his standards. First half missed a couple of headers & slip at vital time in build up to Luton's best chance. Better second half & unlucky not to score/assist late on

Forsyth 7 - very solid defensively & in contrast to Byrne, good positionally & aerially. Unlike Byrne, didnt offer that much going forward

Sibley 8 MOM - excellent display particularly first half. Loads of movement, good touches, saw plenty of the ball & caused havoc down the right side early on. Sent over cross for Waghorn to set up first goal, couple of other snapshots & did a decent job helping Byrne out also

Bird 7 - quietly effective. Lots of vital interceptions & good press in key areas but also plenty of composure on the ball. Some good passing through the lines & drifted forward on occasion (would have scored from Clarke's great touch second half had their lad not hacked away)

Shinnie 7 - usual high energy display, harrying for possession, covering FBs & simple use of the ball. Good penalty & set pieces also

Lawrence 7 - should have got on the end of a couple of chances first half & quieter than Sibley. Second half got on the ball more bought the penalty & another good chance created from nothing shortly after.

Waghorn 8 - really good display. Worked well in tandem with Gregory esp for the goal but stayed central & kept Luton CBs busy. Worked incredibly hard too. Shame he had to come off 

Gregory 7 - good movement for easy finish and worked well with Waghorn switching from furthest man to slightly deeper.

Kazim 7 - usual quality touches to hold the ball up & excellent passes to release players into space. Lot of defensive work in final 3rd too

I actually agree with all these ratings and 99% of the contents so I’ll second this one for my rating if you don’t mind Sage. 

Nice one LCR. 

7 hours ago, England Ram said:

I actually agree with all these ratings and 99% of the contents so I’ll second this one for my rating if you don’t mind Sage. 

Nice one LCR. 

What rank laziness

Harrumph 

Marshall - 8 - He’s our number 1 and proved it yesterday. 
Byrne - 8 - Probably my MOM, back to his best.

Wisdom - 6 - Did ok but still not convinced about him at centre half

Clarke - 7 - Solid performance

Forsyth - 6 - Good defensively not good in possession yesterday but solid enough

Sibley - 7 - Excellent first half, brilliant cross for the first goal, not as effective second half and picked up his daft yellow card. Done more than enough to keep his place.

Bird - 7 - Much better, switched play well at times showing his passing range, some vital defensive blocks. Positionally he’s very good .

Shinnie - 7 - effective as normal, didn’t need to be the stand out player this week as his teammates stepped up.

Lawrence - 8 - Thought he wasn’t great early on but got stronger as the game went on and was excellent second half. Lucky not to be booked though.

Waghorn - 7 - great start to the game gutted he got a nasty looking injury. Big blow for us.

Gregory - 7 - Ditto Waghorn plus got another goal from 2 yards out, just what we need. I’d give him a contract on the right terms.

CKR - 7 - Looked much better yesterday now he’s hopefully fully fit. Linked play really well.

Marshall -8 outstanding, made some important saves

Byrne - 8 always a threat my man of season

Wisdom - 6 did what Wiz does, solid

Clarke - 7 Mr reliable we will miss him next year 

Forsyth - 6 did ok

Sibley - 7 excellent in the first half

Bird - 7 did a lot of the dirty work today

Shinnie - 7 good pen played well

Lawrence - 7 causes defences trouble, I'm a fan but needs to be consistent 

Waghorn -8 played really well and we were less effective when he went off

Gregory- 7 played well- looked a season ending injury

CKR -6 going through a dip in form but still a presence 

Wayne - 6 out of the traps quickly, needed to change things when Luton got on top

Scrappy game. Struggled to keep my eyes open again.

Marshall 8

Byrne 7

Wisdom 6

Clarke 6

Forsyth 6

Sibley 7

Bird 6

Shinnie 7

Lawrence 6

Waghorn 7

Gregory 6

CKR 6

Marshall  7

Byrne      7

Wisdom    6

Clarke      6

Forsyth     6

Sibley      7

Bird       6

Shinnie    7

Lawrence   8

Waghorn   6

Gregory.    6

CKR.         6

2 hours ago, Monty said:

Marshall  7

Byrne      7

Wisdom    6

Clarke      6

Forsyth     6

Sibley      7

Bird       6

Shinnie    7

Lawrence   8

Waghorn   6

Gregory.    6

CKR.         6

Sorry, ratings closed at Noon.

Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

On 02/04/2021 at 18:38, LeedsCityRam said:

As usual, quality summary. I was going to do one but you’ve covered it.

I’d add that I thought Joz deserves a subs 7. Eager going forward, always manages to release the ball before he gets caught and did a lovely bit of defensive work. Should have made more of his breakaway chance .. either he got anxious or it didn’t quite run right, managed a lay off but too late by then. Pity. 

On 03/04/2021 at 09:43, Woodley Ram said:

Marshall -8 outstanding, made some important saves

Byrne - 8 always a threat my man of season

Wisdom - 6 did what Wiz does, solid

Clarke - 7 Mr reliable we will miss him next year 

Forsyth - 6 did ok

Sibley - 7 excellent in the first half

Bird - 7 did a lot of the dirty work today

Shinnie - 7 good pen played well

Lawrence - 7 causes defences trouble, I'm a fan but needs to be consistent 

Waghorn -8 played really well and we were less effective when he went off

Gregory- 7 played well- looked a season ending injury

CKR -6 going through a dip in form but still a presence 

Wayne - 6 out of the traps quickly, needed to change things when Luton got on top

Byrne is our best player this season imo.

Archived