How to brighten up the game

FindernRam

American Football has a rule about progress before you give the ball to the other side. I'm not sure but I think Rugby League is similar.

Idea for proper football: If you get possession in your own half you have 6 passes to get into the opposition half or an indirect free kick is awarded to the attacking side. 4th official could monitor it.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, FindernRam said:

American Football has a rule about progress before you give the ball to the other side. I'm not sure but I think Rugby League is similar.

Idea for proper football: If you get possession in your own half you have 6 passes to get into the opposition half or an indirect free kick is awarded to the attacking side. 4th official could monitor it.

Both of them aren't really sports, says it all really

On 31/03/2021 at 10:56, FindernRam said:

That would be us buggered then 

On 31/03/2021 at 20:54, Van der MoodHoover said:

I once read an article that described rugby league as "formation mugging". Which I found highly amusing, and quite accurate. 

Rugby league is a mongrel form of rugby played by northern yobbos. Rugby union is the correct code, as any decent chap will surely agree

kgrhqnhjbme9rgiu3hbpcffv1cjg60_3.jpg

My suggestions would be;

2 halves of 40 minutes each, externally timed with only the time the ball is in play counted. Enforce the 6 second goalkeeper release rule. Time wasting becomes pointless.

Only 1 substitute allowed. Watching players trying to cope in strange position - even more so when an outfield player ends up in goal is fascinating. Also means squads can be smaller, making the playing field a tiny bit more level.

Scrap the transfer window - it's been a disaster, driving up costa and lowering quality.

Offside rule only kicks in when the attacker's torso is past the defender ie he's counted as level until there is daylight between.

Give the FA Cup winner a Champion's League place.

Derby County to play in blue shorts and starting to win things again.

9 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

My suggestions would be;

2 halves of 40 minutes each, externally timed with only the time the ball is in play counted. Enforce the 6 second goalkeeper release rule. Time wasting becomes pointless. - I'm not really a fan of clock stopping, but I think this is sensible and workable.

Only 1 substitute allowed. Watching players trying to cope in strange position - even more so when an outfield player ends up in goal is fascinating. Also means squads can be smaller, making the playing field a tiny bit more level. I like this.

Scrap the transfer window - it's been a disaster, driving up costa and lowering quality. - Agree 100%

Offside rule only kicks in when the attacker's torso is past the defender ie he's counted as level until there is daylight between. - didn't this used to be the interpritation?

Give the FA Cup winner a Champion's League place. Agree 100%

Derby County to play in blue shorts and starting to win things again. - Agree 100%

2 hours ago, Olton Ram said:

Rugby league is a mongrel form of rugby played by northern yobbos. Rugby union is the correct code, as any decent chap will surely agree

kgrhqnhjbme9rgiu3hbpcffv1cjg60_3.jpg

Quite right - rugby played without a decent hat is not on. 

Ideally games should be played only in the Eton Quad and followed by hot buttered muffins and buggery..... ?

22 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Quite right - rugby played without a decent hat is not on. 

Ideally games should be played only in the Eton Quad and followed by hot buttered muffins and buggery..... ?

It used to be said Rugby Union is a game for thugs, played by Gentlemen and Football is a game for gentlemen played by thungs. And Rugby leage is best left in australia.

Archived