James Collins (the Luton Town striker)

Stuniverse

Vaguely followed his career since he was at Burton.

his record is decent but he is 30 now.

We have to be realistic, given our situation. I know a lot of people are against this signing, but this is probably the height of our ambitions going into the summer. Free agents on relatively modest wages and loan players. He's lost his place in the Luton team, so I doubt they're going to keep him around as he will want a pay rise going into the last big contract of his career. 

It's the definition of the signing we shouldn't be making, but we've got too many needs and not enough money. 

23 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We have to be realistic, given our situation. I know a lot of people are against this signing, but this is probably the height of our ambitions going into the summer. Free agents on relatively modest wages and loan players. He's lost his place in the Luton team, so I doubt they're going to keep him around as he will want a pay rise going into the last big contract of his career. 

It's the definition of the signing we shouldn't be making, but we've got too many needs and not enough money. 

Better than what we have got unfortunately....

Slightly underwhelming if this is the calibre of player we are looking to lead our line next season, but he is an upgrade on what we currently have at the club. Wouldn't be a bad free transfer

• 1 month later...