More Encouraging Takeover News

Arsene Titman

34 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

https://the72.co.uk/229823/alan-nixon-reveals-the-one-factor-that-Derby-countys-american-takeover-hinges-on/

Perhaps someone can get to The Sun article. It seems American takeover could be on provided we don’t get relegated

Then let's hope the sooner we are confirmed as a Championship club the better and hopefully we have genuine people wanting to take us over. 

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Think it’s fairly obvious that no one will be making a bid for us right now, it’s impossible to put a price on us without knowing what level we will be playing at next season. Hopefully it’ll all get sorted in the summer.

Mel bid on us and paid over the odds because he thought we'd be in the Prem when he bought us.

Any buyer can offer a price depending on end of season position.  Full asking price if we stop up, reduced price if we go down.

I mean, if you want to buy Derby County, you have to take the rough with the rough with a bit of smooth.  The money you save on buying a league one club can be invested in getting you back up into the championship and build momentum like Leicester and Sheff United did.

simple really.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

How so? He told us there was a difference in price if he bought us pre the Play off Final.

Depends on your view point I guess, you said “bid over the odds” he would say possibly they negotiated a price they were both happy with.

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Depends on your view point I guess, you said “bid over the odds” he would say possibly they negotiated a price they were both happy with.

Well yes, and if he'd negotiated later...

But anyway I wonder if Mel has preferred bidders based on who they are?

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well yes, and if he'd negotiated later...

But anyway I wonder if Mel has preferred bidders based on who they are?

Pretty sure Mel would sell to anyone that can put in an offer big enough at this point regardless of who it is. 

There is a reason he ended up getting strung along by the fake Sheikh for so long. He just wants out. 

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Pretty sure Mel would sell to anyone that can put in an offer big enough at this point regardless of who it is. 

There is a reason he ended up getting strung along by the fake Sheikh for so long. He just wants out. 

I've won 30 quid on the lottery, I reckon I should put a bid in?? 

Talk sport just announced the Ipswich takeover and followed it up by another big club changing hands to be reported after 12. They said they can’t say anything before 12 because of an embargo or NDA. 
It couldn’t be could it ?????????

Just now, TexasRam said:

Talk sport just announced the Ipswich takeover and followed it up by another big club changing hands to be reported after 12. They said they can’t say anything before 12 because of an embargo or NDA. 
It couldn’t be could it ?????????

Newcastle by the looks of it, and not by Waste Bin either.