Faith, Grafting donkey, Talented CBA, Just poo, Bamford

Simple thread, just put a player and 1-5 on the scale.

1. The players you have faith in to see us out of this.

2. The grafters in the team who are at least giving it everything they do have.

3. Good players who are not up for it or in bad form

4. Just not good enough.

5. Reserved for players who need sending to Mel's re-education facility/adhesives factory known as "the farm"

So, I think most would put Shinnie, Knight and CKR as cat 2, and Waggy is making a bid to be cat 5, but do you think?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Nathan Byrne, Roberts if given more time and lawrence on his day which is 1 in 10, clarke, bielik but unfortunately injured. Dont really trust anyone to get us out of it. 

2. Knight, CKR, Shinnie, Lee Buchanan 

3. Jozwiak good player in bad form there is a player on there, sibley hit and miss form. 

4. Include CKR in here as well. I like him a lot but if he's our first choice going into next season we are in trouble.

Wisdom, out of position all the time would be a good championship 3rd choice cb he's no barker or keogh 

Bird not good enough for me over rated because he's one of our own 

5. With the exception of lee gregory, mengi and edmunson that fall into none of the above and the likes of watson who are young and chucked in at the deep end the rest want putting in number 5.

1. Bielik, Clarke, Mengi, Bird, Marshall, Sibley

2. Davies, Shinnie, Kazim-Richards, Edmundson, Jozwiak, Wisdom, Roos, Waghorn, Ibe

3. Byrne, Buchanan, Lawrence, Knight, Roberts

4. Forsyth, Gregory, Everyone else

Think you can separately argue to put most of the squad in category 5 as well, based on the work rate they’re all collectively currently showing. 

But yeah, unsurprisingly most players currently featuring are in categories 2 and 3. So players not quite good enough, or talented players who are not putting the work in - or are lacking form. Which explains why we are where we are. We’ve not got enough of the category one players on the pitch in their best roles.

On 21/03/2021 at 09:46, RadioactiveWaste said:

13 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

2. Davies, Shinnie, Kazim-Richards, Edmundson, Jozwiak, Wisdom, Roos, Waghorn, Ibe

? I’d agree with 4 of those (Shinne, CKR, Wisdom and Roos). The rest seriously?  

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

I agree. 

Really don’t think this should be a thread to be honest. 

Players read this forum 

Excellent post. The players should be using the international break to reflect on recent performances, and to get properly focused on the remaining games. Second half v Brentford standard or better required from now on in. There are some excellent players in our squad, way better than many other Championship sides, it’s now time to show it.

COYR

1. Clarke, Marshall, Bielik, Byrne, Lawrence, CKR, Edmundson, Mengi

2. Gregory, Shinnie, Knight, Roos

3. Roberts, Jozwiak, Buchanan, Sibley

4. Bird, Forsyth

5. Waghorn, Wisdom

Just not enough players in category one. Really there should be at least half a squad in there. Currently there is only 8, one of them is a goalkeeper, 3 of them are on loan and another has done his ACL. You can now see what the problem is.

7 hours ago, TexasRam said:

? I’d agree with 4 of those (Shinne, CKR, Wisdom and Roos). The rest seriously?  

I’ll admit I just put Ibe in there to give him some credit for the work he appears to be putting in on the training ground, despite his mental health struggles. It can’t be easy and I wanted to acknowledge that, but maybe he should be excluded from this scale altogether given how little he’s played this season. 

Stand by the others though. Davies and Edmundson are both solid players that maybe lack in technical quality, but I’ve never seen either shy away from their defensive responsibilities. Jozwiak is a real work horse in terms of the energy he brings getting up and down the field, but he lacks any sort of attacking quality in the final third. And despite Rooney’s recent comments, that’s exactly the way I’d describe what I’ve seen from Waghorn on the pitch too. Maybe he’s different off it.

Honestly, I wouldn’t say any of them ‘aren’t good enough’. In my opinion all of our team has shown (at the very least) that they can be good enough throughout the years. Category one is reserved for Clarke, Shinnie, CKR and Byrne though. Those four are the current contenders for POTY. 

On 21/03/2021 at 09:46, RadioactiveWaste said:

Simple thread, just put a player and 1-5 on the scale.

1. The players you have faith in to see us out of this.

3. Good players who are not up for it or in bad form

4. Just not good enough.

5. Reserved for players who need sending to Mel's re-education facility/adhesives factory known as "the farm"

So, I think most would put Shinnie, Knight and CKR as cat 2, and Waggy is making a bid to be cat 5, but do you think?

Byrne, Buchanan and Clarke get level 1 for me and yes, Shinnie, Knight, Joz  and CKR get a 2 

But many of our players need another category to cover the lack they have in the departments that encompass spirit of adventure, devil may care and personal belief. One that says says fill 90 minutes with 90 minutes of football played in an manner that is  "ever forward, devil take the hindmost and never say die" We need some buckle swashers

Archived