Jump to content

Settled team


Recommended Posts

We need a settled team for the remaining games stop changing the team Wayne. 

 

We need experience not youth we need fighters not dancers. 

 

Marshall back in goal for a start and drop Knight & Bird and the other accadmey player's there not good enough and never will.

 

Teams are playing on Byrne's hight high ball to the back post again yesterday cost us.

We will go down if we continue  playing the same way and same players.

It's about passion , bottle , fighting spirit, aggression.

Come on Derby let's fight and play for the badge and most of all the fans. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ramfan1958 said:

 

 and drop Knight & Bird and the other accadmey player's there not good enough and never will.

 

 

Absolutely ridiculous comment saying the academy players will never be good enough. These are the best crop we’ve had come through in years. Patience and good management will hopefully see them flourish, not throwing them under the bus at the first signs of difficulty. 

We’ve relied on them way too much this season. They are suffering through a lack of confidence as well as a lack of consistency in team selection and position. They’ve not been managed well this season, but yes some have underperformed. To suggest they will never be good enough though, get a grip. 

Everything else I agree with! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's difficult to name a settled team when you play so many games in a short period of time, plus you have to consider fitness & injuries.

However, after the international break we play 2 games in 4 days over Easter but after that there is only 1 more midweek game so a full week to prepare for most of the final 6 games, that is when we hopefully have a settled team but if that team is losing and not performing we surely we will all want it to be changed anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, enachops said:

Absolutely ridiculous comment saying the academy players will never be good enough. These are the best crop we’ve had come through in years. Patience and good management will hopefully see them flourish, not throwing them under the bus at the first signs of difficulty. 

We’ve relied on them way too much this season. They are suffering through a lack of confidence as well as a lack of consistency in team selection and position. They’ve not been managed well this season, but yes some have underperformed. To suggest they will never be good enough though, get a grip. 

Everything else I agree with! 

Disagree on the accadmey players take Knights running and energy away what else does he offer nothing  ? Rooney making him captain pathetic !!!!

 What does Bird offer Side wards  pass ?

Buchanan the best of the bunch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

We need a settled team for the remaining games stop changing the team Wayne. 

 

We need experience not youth we need fighters not dancers. 

 

Marshall back in goal for a start and drop Knight & Bird and the other accadmey player's there not good enough and never will.

 

Teams are playing on Byrne's hight high ball to the back post again yesterday cost us.

We will go down if we continue  playing the same way and same players.

It's about passion , bottle , fighting spirit, aggression.

Come on Derby let's fight and play for the badge and most of all the fans. 

Why drop Roos? What’s he done wrong since he came in?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

We need a settled team for the remaining games stop changing the team Wayne. 

 

We need experience not youth we need fighters not dancers. 

 

Marshall back in goal for a start and drop Knight & Bird and the other accadmey player's there not good enough and never will.

 

Teams are playing on Byrne's hight high ball to the back post again yesterday cost us.

We will go down if we continue  playing the same way and same players.

It's about passion , bottle , fighting spirit, aggression.

Come on Derby let's fight and play for the badge and most of all the fans. 

Who are the players to provide this, enlighten me please....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Playing for the badge is a difficult thing for many of our players. Out of contract players and loanees. Some will be going through the motions, a little like Holmes appeared to be before leaving. Not many  know where they stand next season. We haven’t got a team that’s being built. The sense of “playing for Rooney” seems to be diminished. I just hope that the minimum of professional pride will see us safely to the end of this awful season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jram said:

Absolute nonsense. I don’t think you can say they aren’t trying

They just aren’t very good as a result of being either 19 or 35 

Every game should be like a cup final given the position we’re in. In my opinion, the players are no way showing the urgency, tempo, gut busting energy to move and make space or cover for each other that they would do in a cup final. Rooney said himself, the players played like they were in a testimonial. That’s got nothing to do with age or ability. That’s desire. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Playing for the badge is a difficult thing for many of our players. Out of contract players and loanees. Some will be going through the motions, a little like Holmes appeared to be before leaving. Not many  know where they stand next season. We haven’t got a team that’s being built. The sense of “playing for Rooney” seems to be diminished. I just hope that the minimum of professional pride will see us safely to the end of this awful season. 

For those not knowing where they stand, I’d expect them to be playing for themselves to either get a new contract or put themselves in the shop window. There will probably be a plethora of average players becoming available in the summer so they should be thinking about their own market value (in terms of the sort of wages they can demand). Sadly, and not surprisingly, I think the days of playing for the badge have long gone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Buchanan the best of the bunch. 

Simply not true. Your opinion may be swayed by the fact that he has played left back 80 % of the time. Things that go against lee are that he is constantly out of position where he then scurries back to not prevent the cross coming in. Hesitant going forward then a panicked cross fires into the box. Saying that he has come on in recent weeks but,  is still not the man I would put in the team for our run in. 

The other young players who have broken through have simply been messed about in a positional sense. Where is Knight, bird, Sibley,watson and McDonald been playing? Not one have played in continuous position suited to them. They have lost some of that desire to play positive football that got them noticed for the first team. 

It is natural for young players to lose form and make mistakes but it seems ours are not being coached through it properly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jram said:

Absolute nonsense. I don’t think you can say they aren’t trying

They just aren’t very good as a result of being either 19 or 35 

Sorry I don’t buy this. We weren’t saying they weren’t good enough when they we’re winning games a few months ago.

We’ve added 5 players since then.

Sure they aren’t world beaters but they are good enough for mid table.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not so sure it’s a settled team that’s required more of a settled way of playing and formation. The players that come in need to have the understanding of the way we play, at the minute we seem to change both the formation and players each game so no wonder there is no consistency of performance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A settled team? Perhaps. More important is a settled way of trying to win games.

We have a manager who seems obsessed with the way the opposition plays and trying to nullify them. It's cowardly and desperately dull.

The game plan always appears to be to stop the opposition scoring, which is fine until the opposition actually do score and we have little or no ability to get back into the game.

The sooner he stops doing this and starts coaching the team to do attacking stuff like shooting and so on, the sooner the joy will return.

And the sooner Derby will stop playing the most turgid and tedious football I've ever seen from a Rams team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Disagree on the accadmey players take Knights running and energy away what else does he offer nothing  ? Rooney making him captain pathetic !!!

What did Bryson offer until McClaren knew how to use him? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, cannable said:

What did Bryson offer until McClaren knew how to use him? 

And unsurprisingly any time Knight as been played as an 8 in a 3 man midfield he's looked significantly sharper than any other position....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

A settled team? Perhaps. More important is a settled way of trying to win games.

We have a manager who seems obsessed with the way the opposition plays and trying to nullify them. It's cowardly and desperately dull.

The game plan always appears to be to stop the opposition scoring, which is fine until the opposition actually do score and we have little or no ability to get back into the game.

The sooner he stops doing this and starts coaching the team to do attacking stuff like shooting and so on, the sooner the joy will return.

And the sooner Derby will stop playing the most turgid and tedious football I've ever seen from a Rams team.

Unfortunately we are not good enough to see out 0-0 draws even against the weaker teams. The negative, overly cautious approach seems doomed to failure as well as sending us all to sleep in the process...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.