Lay off the players they need our support if we are to get through this relegation fight

turbo

21 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

You're not the only one who talks "lack of funding" but we're up against p&s limits...we've had as much funding (if not more) than the rules allow.

Its the sheer waste accumulated over seasons that's caused us to be where we are.

I agree in the long term, but I can’t imagine we’re anywhere near them now. Mel just doesn’t want to be here anymore, which is fair enough.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

We don't know whether or not that was 'under instruction'. We do know that Kazim-Richards was probably not fit enough to start.

Agree on Kazim-Richards, but I can’t imagine they were told not to press at all. Surely even Rooney isn’t that stupid.

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Front three against Stoke. No way were they putting 100% in. Didn’t even attempt a press, just let Stoke do what they wanted.

Although not a major incident or imminent threat, I remember one incident when Stoke had a free kick wide near the half way line. The defence were organising themselves. Meantime, CKR I think it was was standing about five yards behind the free kick taker (in the same way strikers sometimes hide behind goal keepers in case they put the ball down). I remember thinking at the time, why doesn’t he move to prevent a side ways pass to the centre of the field or get himself in front of the free kick. 

When we don't get a good result, Rooney always talks about the lack of aggression and pressing the opposition. This tells me this is how he wants to play, it's the players when on the pitch that are not doing it. Imo this group of players are just not good enough. Take the 3 loans lampard had out of his team and we'd have been lucky to have made mid table.

Without investment we have to accept that at the moment we are just not very good. Rooney can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

This makes the situation worse when players are not pulling their weight in training and on match day.

Archived