Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, curb said:

Screw Waghorn, he’s a mediocre player who’s only real asset is his willingness to work hard when it suits him. 
The fact that CKR came in and we all said ‘look at his attitude and professionalism’ speaks volumes about the rest of the players in the squad. If Waghorn isn’t going to bother taking training seriously then he should be hauled out for it.

Theres obviously been a problem with the attitude of some players in the squad that Rooney would have seen at first hand when he was a player here, he got rid of Holmes pretty sharpish. 
There are plenty of other mediocre players out there willing to run around a bit. Get rid of them if they’re not willing to put in the effort.

We have plenty of mediocre players, that is certainly true...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

The usual BS, he didn’t have to publicly say what he did. An internal matter in my view, just like Sibley was.

The usual BS as in ? You mean you would want him to lie to the fans ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The possible scenario in my head is....

Gregory can’t play, CKR is injured, so Waghorn is expecting to play, and trains well on Thursday.

on Friday morning the team is named and he is not in it. Rooney has preferred to pick a player that is unfit, than pick Waghorn.

Waghorn is pissed off and it affects his training. Row with Rooney. Gets dropped from squad.

p.s. I’ll put my own Roy Mac laughing emoji to save him the effort.

ACE65C00-76EC-4C2D-B81F-5920E114BA39.thumb.jpeg.d4c87f5fc314493eab308aa28576fcaf.jpeg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

The usual BS as in ? You mean you would want him to lie to the fans ?

Come on, get real. Are you saying that Managers should tell the public everything that is going on behind closed doors at their clubs? What would he say if he was asked about the mess the club was in when he took over, the way Mel has been running the club of late? Would truly honest answers work then? Do you think Fergie and Wenger should have changed their approach of not publicly criticising their players then? There are ways of doing things, Wazza needs to learn fast....

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Come on, get real. Are you saying that Managers should tell the public everything that is going on behind closed doors at their clubs? What would he say if he was asked about the mess the club was in when he took over, the way Mel has been running the club of late? Would truly honest answers work then? Do you think Fergie and Wenger should have changed their approach of not publicly criticising their players then? There are ways of doing things, Wazza needs to learn fast....

Not sure why the "get real" comment, people are allowed a different opinion you know 🤣

He has just said in his previous interview he was training really well, he then isn't in the squad. It's not as though it's unusual is it. Did you think Arteta was wrong to do the same the other week ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RamNut said:

The possible scenario in my head is....

Gregory can’t play, CKR is injured, so Waghorn is expecting to play, and trains well on Thursday.

on Friday morning the team is named and he is not in it. Rooney has preferred to pick a player that is unfit, than pick Waghorn.

Waghorn is pissed off and it affects his training. Row with Rooney. Gets dropped from squad.

p.s. I’ll put my own Roy Mac laughing emoji to save him the effort.

ACE65C00-76EC-4C2D-B81F-5920E114BA39.thumb.jpeg.d4c87f5fc314493eab308aa28576fcaf.jpeg

 

Completely plausible. Possibly the best guess in the thread and seems to fit better than he's just not arsed because he's leaving at the end of the season.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Not sure why the "get real" comment, people are allowed a different opinion you know 🤣

He has just said in his previous interview he was training really well, he then isn't in the squad. It's not as though it's unusual is it. Did you think Arteta was wrong to do the same the other week ?

Quite happy for us to sit down and have a chat about it for 20 minutes and then we both agree that I was right 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, G-Ram said:

Im glad he's been called out. About time someone has the balls to single out players. His performances like many others this season have been terrible. 

We have a group of players that look like they care (but might not be good enough) and some that look like they aren't bothered. 

Not every manager we've had in the psst 5 years is a bad manager. The players have to take responsibility. You're in a relegation battle. Get your head down, work hard and get out of it. Its not a time to be messing about. 

100% This - Footballers are basically bullet proof. As ever, people will make comparisons with the 'real' world but they simply don't work - In that real world one can, over time, get rid of someone who is under performing. Football club managers don't have this luxury and so need to do anything in their armoury to motivate an individual and if this includes outing them in public, so be it.

For the record, I'm no fan of Waghorn - His large fee isn't his fault and whatever he earns, good for him but he's a symbol of a bad bad time for our club £10m + down the drain on very ordinary championship player who has had 1 good season in his career....

Link to post
Share on other sites

All these comments it isn't what fergie would have done. Fergie publicly fell out with loads of players and got rid of them no matter how big they thought they were.

Ince he called a big time charlie and got rid of. Van Nistlerooy he fell out with and moved on, beckham he accepted a bid for before beckham himself knew he was for sale, jaap stam, even keane at the end he stripped of the captaincy and moved on. 

Called out a load of kids when they got beat by york city in the cup. He Said ferdinand and evra should have more common sense after they were beat by city. 

He had high standards and you had to maintain them to be in the squad and at the club. If the standard or attitude dropped you were out no matter who you were.

Im glad rooney is demanding high standards. Were not achieving anywhere near acceptable levels and i have no issues with Rooney calling out or moving on anyone at the club 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

All these comments it isn't what fergie would have done. Fergie publicly fell out with loads of players and got rid of them no matter how big they thought they were.

Ince he called a big time charlie and got rid of. Van Nistlerooy he fell out with and moved on, beckham he accepted a bid for before beckham himself knew he was for sale, jaap stam, even keane at the end he stripped of the captaincy and moved on. 

Called out a load of kids when they got beat by york city in the cup. He Said ferdinand and evra should have more common sense after they were beat by city. 

He had high standards and you had to maintain them to be in the squad and at the club. If the standard or attitude dropped you were out no matter who you were.

Im glad rooney is demanding high standards. Were not achieving anywhere near acceptable levels and i have no issues with Rooney calling out or moving on anyone at the club 

The difference is that Fergie had a track record of success in Europe and Scotland before moving to Manchester which meant if he called you out you understood he knew what he wanted and that it worked. Rooney doesn’t have the track record in management to show his ways work if you go with them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

People have to remember he only just had another baby. A bit less sleep here and there could have a big impact on his physical performance.

From his performances on and now off the pitch, as it appears he might be pregnant again, and for the love of the club, he is welcome to all the sleep he can get. 

Please lets not kid ourselves that professional footballers have it hard, they go train a few hours a day, a few days a week, for an incredible wage, and have an incredible amount of time at home to catch up on sleep. Whilst thousands of supporters who spend thousands of pounds on the football club they love, whilst trying to hold down 1 or 2 jobs whilst chasing around all week to enable their babies, kids, elderly parents are fed, sleep, attend school, get through life, safely, so we as supporters can get the opportunity to sit down and watch two live games of professional football with our professional footballers at least having the decency to try, when they are doing it.

We are still in the race, nobody stops trying, nobody gives up, if you wear the Derby County shirt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RamNut said:

The possible scenario in my head is....

Gregory can’t play, CKR is injured, so Waghorn is expecting to play, and trains well on Thursday.

on Friday morning the team is named and he is not in it. Rooney has preferred to pick a player that is unfit, than pick Waghorn.

Waghorn is pissed off and it affects his training. Row with Rooney. Gets dropped from squad.

p.s. I’ll put my own Roy Mac laughing emoji to save him the effort.

ACE65C00-76EC-4C2D-B81F-5920E114BA39.thumb.jpeg.d4c87f5fc314493eab308aa28576fcaf.jpeg

 

Or another possible scenario is.

Waghorn was told earlier in the training session that he'll be leading the attack, Then 5 mins later Waghorn is heard saying that he believes Rebecca Vardy was right all along and Colleen is just a trouble maker and gets all she deserves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

The difference is that Fergie had a track record of success in Europe and Scotland before moving to Manchester which meant if he called you out you understood he knew what he wanted and that it worked. Rooney doesn’t have the track record in management to show his ways work if you go with them. 

But unless Rooney sticks with his beliefs, implements his own style, and demands what he expects of the players, then how is he supposed to build a track record of success, it's a catch 22.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, curb said:

Screw Waghorn, he’s a mediocre player who’s only real asset is his willingness to work hard when it suits him. 
The fact that CKR came in and we all said ‘look at his attitude and professionalism’ speaks volumes about the rest of the players in the squad. If Waghorn isn’t going to bother taking training seriously then he should be hauled out for it.

Theres obviously been a problem with the attitude of some players in the squad that Rooney would have seen at first hand when he was a player here, he got rid of Holmes pretty sharpish. 
There are plenty of other mediocre players out there willing to run around a bit. Get rid of them if they’re not willing to put in the effort.

Was he looking in the mirror?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.