Mel had a dream

Derby blood

Well Mel you had a dream to play the acamady, well you took us over as a top 6 team, losing to QPR in the final, he could take us down, he wasted millions, sacked loads of managers, then told his managers to play a certain way, and play the Academy, well Mel looks like you truly ducked it up

Please do us long suffering fans one last favour, sell the club, but please sell the ground in the deal else no one will buy us. Once A Ram Always A Ram, remember those words Mel, if u really are a fan. 

Edited by Derby blood

15 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Well Mel you had a dream to play the acamady, well you took us over as a top 6 team, losing to QPR in the final, he could take us down, he wasted millions, sacked loads of managers, then told his managers to play a certain way, and play the Academy, well Mel looks like you truly ducked it up

Please do us long suffering fans one last favour, sell the club, but please sell the ground in the deal else no one will buy us. Once A Ram Always A Ram, remember those words Mel, if u really are a fan. 

Last sentence has nothing to do with the rest of this post. Bit rude as you seem to be questioning if he is really a fan. And if you do believe he is a fan, then you really should be telling yourself "once a Ram, always a Ram".

Unfortunately, Mel's managerial decisions haven't worked out that well, although I reckon almost all of them got majority backing, at least on here. 2nd Mac sacking probably had more against than not.

26 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Last sentence has nothing to do with the rest of this post. Bit rude as you seem to be questioning if he is really a fan. And if you do believe he is a fan, then you really should be telling yourself "once a Ram, always a Ram".

Unfortunately, Mel's managerial decisions haven't worked out that well, although I reckon almost all of them got majority backing, at least on here. 2nd Mac sacking probably had more against than not.

Not rude at, all my opinion, he made a pigs ear of running the fans club, he made massive  mistakes, and is very low profile at the moment, when we was doing well, he was on every football radio/media program going, Just hope he does not hold us to ransom in the future, to owning the ground. My opinion again but i do not trust him at all. 

5 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Not rude at, all my opinion, he made a pigs ear of running the fans club, he made massive  mistakes, and is very low profile at the moment, when we was doing well, he was on every football radio/media program going, Just hope he does not hold us to ransom in the future, to owning the ground. My opinion again but i do not trust him at all. 

What makes you think any buyer would not require to buy the ground? You have a strange view of the world.
Oh and what makes you think Mel would want to keep it. It’s worth 80m and the rental is apparently not much more than 1m. I’m guessing you’re not in real estate 

42 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

I assume you haven't heard about his health problems right?

8 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Majority backing isn’t a sign of a good decision though. Nigel Pearson had majority backing on here based on him calling a reporter an ostrich and choke slamming James Mcarthur combined with the fans’ desire for the players to be bollocked into line. 

In reality, Pearson is soft as poo and builds football teams. He’s a more successful but softer Nigel Clough. 

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Majority backing isn’t a sign of a good decision though. Nigel Pearson had majority backing on here based on him calling a reporter an ostrich and choke slamming James Mcarthur combined with the fans’ desire for the players to be bollocked into line. 

In reality, Pearson is soft as poo and builds football teams. He’s a more successful but softer Nigel Clough. 

Completely agree on majority doesn't mean a good decision. Just often the criticism of Mel suggests he's made all these crazy decisions that no one agreed with, when this is hardly ever the case.

2 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Completely agree on majority doesn't mean a good decision. Just often the criticism of Mel suggests he's made all these crazy decisions that no one agreed with, when this is hardly ever the case.

The issue is, he set out ‘The Derby Way’. You don’t set out that vision and use it as justification for sacking a manager whom you’ve allowed to spend £25,000,000 and increased the wage bill by £14,000,000 only to follow it up by appointing 4-4-2, energetic football under Nigel Pearson. 

His decisions have been agreed with because he acted like a fan and not a chairman. 

41 minutes ago, cannable said:

The issue is, he set out ‘The Derby Way’. You don’t set out that vision and use it as justification for sacking a manager whom you’ve allowed to spend £25,000,000 and increased the wage bill by £14,000,000 only to follow it up by appointing 4-4-2, energetic football under Nigel Pearson. 

His decisions have been agreed with because he acted like a fan and not a chairman. 

That makes sense and is a rational view on what has happened. Unlike the opening post.

4 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

That makes sense and is a rational view on what has happened. Unlike the opening post.

Haha, my post is my opinion and i stand by every word of it

He coukd take us down, and its his decisions which  has got us into this mess, not a fan of how Mel has run our club, but u have your views which i respect. 

16 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

What makes you think any buyer would not require to buy the ground? You have a strange view of the world.
Oh and what makes you think Mel would want to keep it. It’s worth 80m and the rental is apparently not much more than 1m. I’m guessing you’re not in real estate 

Mel is selling the club, not the ground, this is putting buyers off apparently, but u seem to know more than me, so Mel is selling the ground then, first i have heard of this. Thanks for the update. 

5 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Buying the ground is not really a issue there are lots of clubs all around the world that are bought and sold who do not own their own ground. Look along the A52 for one. 

But it could be for the new owners though, Mel sells the club, but keeps the stadium, charging rent each season on the stadium. 

Mel had a business plan, to invest in the academy, to try and "grow our own" talent, rather than try to compete with the huge franchises in the premier league. Whilst that was being developed to produce players, it would be supplemented by astute signings to generate a squad that couild not only gain promotion but sustain in the Premier League.

As a regional club that does not have a global brand reach, or is owned by a petro-state, this is not unreasonable and shows a level of foresight. It's a sensible sounding plan.

But oh, the execution. The academy has not generated players in numbers who command decent fees (Lowe and Bogle have been the pick so far) and the players who have stepped up to the 1st team squad are now struggling, so probably the academy has yet to break even on its own. The actions on the first team have been chaotic and costly.

So the strategy has clearly not been successful - but it could have been and it's not such a poorly thought out plan that it needs the abuse that some of the fan base seem to think is their right to dish out.

I won’t have a bad word said against Mel. He has pumped millions into the football club he supports and has always had our best interests at heart. I admit some of his decisions on manager recruitment haven’t turned out well, but it’s fine margins between success and failure sometimes, as we found out in the QPR final season, a major turning point.

I wish he had had a Peter Taylor like figure alongside him though, different decisions may have been made.

12 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I won’t have a bad word said against Mel. He has pumped millions into the football club he supports and has always had our best interests at heart.

Of course and he doesn't deserve abuse. I just believe the money has been spent poorly. Recruitment simply hasn't been good enough. It's a problem that is yet to be solved and I can only see it changing with a proper sporting director under new ownership. 

I can't blame him for wanting out though. As you say he has spent a lot of money and I can't expect him to put in any more. It's simply time for a change and a new direction.