El DerbyCo

roboto

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

Get Gadsby on the line. It’s time for a proper takeover.

Re the EFL didn’t Erik say the person dealing with his application was on vacation...... ?

Does Gadsby have the cash to sort us out this time? It's a more expensive pursuit than in was the last time he bailed us out.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

I'm starting to wonder if Mel is really gullible

iPro - biggest sponsorship of it's kind...other than having no money 

Sam Rush - best thing since sliced bread but suddenly he's out and being taken to court

FFP -we're fine, no worries, well inside...oh flip, we need to get more creative with our accounts and flog the stadium to stay compliant

Henry Gabay - takeover in place, brilliant bit of business - oh he's not paid up and now we can't pay the players...oh, he's now under arrest

Sheikh Khaled - fantastic news for the club, here Sheiky have a go at running things whilst your cheques clears, oh he's not paid up and now we can't pay the players, but he's still going to buy the club imminently!

Erik Alonso - so you've no obvious means to buy the club, hang around with club killer Matt Southall, but that's no problem - it's fantastic news for the club. Here have a long chat with the manager to discuss future plans.

I know that Mel has always tried to act in the best interest of the club - he's one of our own and I dearly hope he's back to his healthy best quickly quickly, but come on. He must be the unluckiest demi-billionaire on the planet.

I wonder what happened to the 'local' offer around Christmas. Surely if Mel just wants out that's the way to go...assuming the Alonso thing doesn't pan out.

Edited by CornwallRam

2 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Get Gadsby on the line. It’s time for a proper takeover.

Re the EFL didn’t Erik say the person dealing with his application was on vacation...... ?

The days of a Derby owner are done unless you can think of one with 1.5 Billion to spend

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

I wonder what happened to the 'local' offer around Christmas. Surely if Mel just wants out that's the way to go...assuming the Alonso thing doesn't pan out.

You remember how it panned out with Lionel? Mel never wanted to sell up to guys that are local and have watched him 'fail', imho anyway. Our dream his nightmare?!

Edited by RoyMac5

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You remember how it panned out with Lionel? Mel never wanted to sell up to guys that are local and have watched him 'fail', imho anyway. Our dream his nightmare?!

I'm not saying that it's the best thing going forward, but it has to be more straightforward that the takeovers that Mel has entered into.

We don't know who the local offer was from, but imagine Gadsby, Amott, Kirkland, Marples and maybe Paul Sisson coming together to make an offer, at least you'd expect the money to appear and some sort of plan for moving forward that was grounded in reality. I don't think that would be our route to the Champion's League, but it it also wouldn't be our route to the National League.

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

I'm not saying that it's the best thing going forward, but it has to be more straightforward that the takeovers that Mel has entered into.

We don't know who the local offer was from, but imagine Gadsby, Amott, Kirkland, Marples and maybe Paul Sisson coming together to make an offer, at least you'd expect the money to appear and some sort of plan for moving forward that was grounded in reality. I don't think that would be our route to the Champion's League, but it it also wouldn't be our route to the National League.

I was agreeing, but pointing out how it had gone before and maybe this time too.